Tate Over Pope etc...

Advertisement
Because there’s agendas everywhere. Actual film showed he was really effective but some must act if the staff is playing favorites like pop warner moms.

Our fan base is truly special.

Its a new regime and people who have behind the scenes opinions should keep them to themselves. It doesn't help anything at the moment. If Diaz loses control down the road then put it out there but right now keep it in house.

Last edited:
0 reason that kid should be playing split end in the 4th quarter. None whatsoever.

If you wanna play him in the wildcat, or as an H-back/slot receiver and use him in motion to try to confuse a defense, fine. But he's lining up wide as a split end when you have kids who have been here for years. If he's your best outside receiver then we're in serious trouble. I thought he was used very poorly. Even his carry was directly into the short side of the field (which we did several times, by the way).

I will say though that running him across the formation may have caused some issues with the defense because Deejay's big runs came that way. But the TD was a lot more of an individual effort than a schematic advantage. I'm cool with playing Tate at times how they did most of the game, but why is he on the field on passing downs in the 4th quarter playing WR after practicing there for a week?

Advertisement
We could've gotten the same thing with Jeff Thomas.
Maybe, but the fact that we ran 0 jet sweeps with JT throughout the game would mean it may have not brought as much attention on him as it did with Tate.

I don't get why JT wasn't getting a jet sweep once a quarter. That way late in the game you have the Deejay play open up for you without having to bring in a gimmick player.

Advertisement
The fact that he hasn't played under two coaching staffs.

D$, it's one game and Pope came in pretty early before going out initially on the Marco Wilson play. Kinda weird that they'd even put him in early if he was struggling with the playbook, no?

Advertisement
reporters i.e. barry jackson write about pope not understanding the playbook so clearly that is coming from inside the program... it doesn't seem to be some huge secret. it has to be concerning that he wasn't able to master an extremely simple offense and now we're moving to something much more complex.

Advertisement
It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.

While somewhat remedial in my mind, I understood Enos wanting to use Tate as a decoy out there. Sadly it did very little and the one time he got him the ball they were sitting on it....so hard to disagree if it ever was an either or...

reporters i.e. barry jackson write about pope not understanding the playbook so clearly that is coming from inside the program... it doesn't seem to be some huge secret. it has to be concerning that he wasn't able to master an extremely simple offense and now we're moving to something much more complex.
Mastery of the playbook ? Coach the kid, not all kids learn the same way.

Advertisement
Back