Tate Over Pope etc...

I think manny said the other WR would be worked into the offense against unc .But I’m sure if the situation arises where Enos thinks Tate is better suited for the situation I bet he will put him in and not give two shts about anybody’s feelings on CIS .

Advertisement
Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.
Stop with facts. Stupid rules here....

I asked in the other thread but I’ll ask you here.Would you feel any different if it was Perry getting the plays at WR .....

Personally, I’ll feel the same way. I refuse to believe a QB playing receiver for a couple days is better than the other players who actually play the position. It’s a rivalry game as well. Manny said it was packages and we had big games from those packages. I personally think some of y’all are exaggerating Tate’s contribution on those plays. However, Manny probably saw the production and just wanted to stick with it. I still don’t believe that Tate should of been on the field as much but let’s see how the season rolls.

Oh and I don’t see what Perry has to do with this. I hope you aren’t trying to imply that it’s a racial thing. I mean we have athletic WRs, I would be upset if he got more reps over them too.

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.
@Tweed you know that's not true. Both B & pope were the first two receivers coming off the bench at ALL wr positions coming into that game & practiced all camp. That's been the game plan. Tate was a gimmick to distract the d originally than he no longer was... That's reality.

Advertisement
Not sure on that, but I do think that Tate knowing the entire playbook (all 3 receiver positions) probably factored into things as well.
Would you have said the same thing if he was playing rb in front of lo? How bout te over brevin? Knowing the playbook has zero to do with knowing how to play a certain position for the first time at a p5 level your first week in. He is absolutely far too athletic to simply leave him on the bench. However he is a diversion in certain schemes. He should have certain sets ran for him at wr,rb & qb but not at any position on a regular. Watched the film today & it was comical at best. That's just sabotaging the wr unit & possession. It's bad enough running 3 wr so **** much that are all under 6ft.

Would you have said the same thing if he was playing rb in front of lo? How bout te over brevin? Knowing the playbook has zero to do with knowing how to play a certain position for the first time at a p5 level your first week in. He is absolutely far too athletic to simply leave him on the bench. However he is a diversion in certain schemes. He should have certain sets ran for him at wr,rb & qb but not at any position on a regular. Watched the film today & it was comical at best. That's just sabotaging the wr unit & possession. It's bad enough running 3 wr so **** much that are all under 6ft.
One of these days I'll learn to listen to you more often...you'd think I'd have learnt by now....

Oh shît. There’s a storm brewing in here. Hide the women and children... and hide me too!

Literally 3 of our biggest runs of the game (one called back for penalty) occurred when Tate was on the field and presnap motioned. This caused a second of pause/confusion which created seams for the big gains

It’s absolutely mind-boggling to me that this is what the echo chamber is choosing to cry about

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Advertisement
@Tweed you know that's not true. Both B & pope were the first two receivers coming off the bench at ALL wr positions coming into that game & practiced all camp. That's been the game plan. Tate was a gimmick to distract the d originally than he no longer was... That's reality.

3 of the largest gains of the day came as a result of the gimmick. I'd say it was a good look. I don't see the need for hard feelings here.

The play where Tate played QB and chose to run to the left you can see JW15 at the bottom of the screen raising his hands for a pass. Looked like a double pass situation and Tate took off running instead.

Advertisement

I understand your frustration as well as anyone, but I was simply playing devil's advocate by suggesting it may have something to do with Tate knowing all the receiver positions. I have zero clue why he was in there. And you and I both know that I don't speak as freely on here as you do, I just keep my frustration internal.

Enos addressed exactly why he was in there in his post game presser. He indicated it wasn't Tate playing over anyone. It was utilization of a specific package.

I honestly didn't know that they were playing all three receiver positions. Whenever I was at practice they worked soley at their position.

Advertisement
Looks like the MEAC crew from the Shannon days are back on the boards shaking the the racial tree again. So tiresome.

It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.

Tate’s and every little boys response to you

05C02887-C23D-4A68-B4E9-EBF47C85759C.gif

Yeah, I'm sure it's all about placating Martell, forget winning we want him to be happy, the race hustlers on this site are out early this season. Kennedy, Mallory now Martell. Luke would be proud.

Advertisement
Back