Tannehill gone

I'll take Fitzpatrick as a QB and tell him to throw as many interceptions as he likes. As long as he gets me the first overall pick in 2020

Advertisement
They can't. They would need to tank for 2 years and then be really bad year 3 bc you won't win with a rookie QB. By then, this regime would be gone.

They will tank this year for Tua or Herbert. They should be drafting high enough for one.
I know but keep building pieces for the 2021 draft. I doubt the dolphins will fire their coach Steve Wilks style. If Lawrence is a generational type talent like they make him out to be, then he would be the one I would be gunning for.

giphy.gif

Drew Lock is a special talent and worth moving up for... If the phins can't get him they should trade down for picks next year, or draft a DT like Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins.

They need to stockpile picks for next season to make sure they can move up if necessary.

For value, I would take Grier in the 2nd, and an outstanding OL in the first. I've watched both QB's play, and I think Grier will have a better career than Tua.

I never understood what people saw in Tannenhill. When he wasn't injured he was way too erratic.

Advertisement
For value, I would take Grier in the 2nd, and an outstanding OL in the first. I've watched both QB's play, and I think Grier will have a better career than Tua.

I never understood what people saw in Tannenhill. When he wasn't injured he was way too erratic.
There’s no value in drafting a QB who wont be your future starter with a 2nd RD pk unless completely sold. So no to taking a flier on Grier . I’m not a fins fan but they should sign a vet. You have Fitzpatrick, u can bring bortles on a stop gap prove me 1 year deal. Want to create a buz in the city and around the league? Bring on Kap. But if I’m the fins or a fan I’m not drafting a QB not named Murray or haskins b4 the 3rd rd

Im interested to see what happens at QB now. I pray to god we dont take the midget out of Oklahoma. Never the biggest fan of Tannehill but I feel like if he could ever stay healthy we may have been a playoff team. You win and lose on QB play in the league so whoever we get better have the potential to be that guy.

Advertisement
Tannehill made the Dolphins so boring I forgot what it's like when they aren't boring. That's probably why I had virtually no reaction to this news.

It looks like there is a semblance of a logical plan. I don't mind spending $5 million for a bonus 4th round pick especially next year given the potential need to maneuver. Losing Juwaun James is okay since there really shouldn't be such pain to find competent offensive linemen on the street or in a later round. Watch the combine and it's incredible how outmatched those guys are compared to other positions.

The quarterback needs to be Murray or Tua. Don't make it overly complicated. Both guys managed 11.5 YPA or thereabouts over a full college season, same with Mayfield last season. Those are unprecedented numbers. They should be the first pick in three consecutive drafts. If somebody starts ******** up and thinking too much, leaving those guys available when they should not be, you've got to pounce.

The reason Tannehill was ever rated highly in the first place was too much thinking going on. He redshirted in college and never started a season opener at quarterback until beyond his 23rd birthday. He went 7-6 as a senior with the preseason #8 team and while underdog only one game all season. Any clarity whatsoever demotes that player. Something missing. Something wrong. But naturally you've got the tape guy desperation to look at irrelevancies like arm strength and stature and garbage like that. Every front office has those tape guys hanging around, throwing out opinions during dead periods to justify their salary or employment. There should be a specialized repellant.

Advertisement
Tannehill made the Dolphins so boring I forgot what it's like when they aren't boring. That's probably why I had virtually no reaction to this news.

It looks like there is a semblance of a logical plan. I don't mind spending $5 million for a bonus 4th round pick especially next year given the potential need to maneuver. Losing Juwaun James is okay since there really shouldn't be such pain to find competent offensive linemen on the street or in a later round. Watch the combine and it's incredible how outmatched those guys are compared to other positions.

The quarterback needs to be Murray or Tua. Don't make it overly complicated. Both guys managed 11.5 YPA or thereabouts over a full college season, same with Mayfield last season. Those are unprecedented numbers. They should be the first pick in three consecutive drafts. If somebody starts ******** up and thinking too much, leaving those guys available when they should not be, you've got to pounce.

The reason Tannehill was ever rated highly in the first place was too much thinking going on. He redshirted in college and never started a season opener at quarterback until beyond his 23rd birthday. He went 7-6 as a senior with the preseason #8 team and while underdog only one game all season. Any clarity whatsoever demotes that player. Something missing. Something wrong. But naturally you've got the tape guy desperation to look at irrelevancies like arm strength and stature and garbage like that. Every front office has those tape guys hanging around, throwing out opinions during dead periods to justify their salary or employment. There should be a specialized repellant.
To be fair, as far as I can remember, we've never had an exciting offense. Even in the Ricky Williams era our offense have been boring for like the past 15 years or more. So idk what you're talking about. 😂

Advertisement
Agree with tanking, but Tua will not excel in the NFL. His performance vs. Clemson was telling.

Agree with tanking, but Tua will not excel in the NFL. His performance vs. Clemson was telling.
Tua was rattled early and he never recovered from it... he totally lost his confidence while Lawrence got more focused as the game wore on. As a Tide hater I was thrilled but I wouldn't say that Tua is done in the NFL... he just needs a shrink cause he has the mechanics.

Tua was rattled early and he never recovered from it... he totally lost his confidence while Lawrence got more focused as the game wore on. As a Tide hater I was thrilled but I wouldn't say that Tua is done in the NFL... he just needs a shrink cause he has the mechanics.

Anyone thinking of using the #1 overall pick on a kid who needs a shrink to be an effective QB might also want to consider an appointment with that same shrink.

I'm not sold on Tua or Herbert. Tanking in 2021 to get Lawrence is what the Fins should focus on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back