Tannehill gone

Advertisement
You are right about using the first round pick... but the Fins have a history of ******* up in the first round. I actually was just commenting about Tua's future. Since I'm not a Fins fan it doesn't matter either way to me.
Bring in Colin Kap for a look see

Advertisement
I’m thinking the dolphins need to tank until Trevor Lawrence decides to become pro. **** why not?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best and worst I could say about Tannehlll

Serviceable.

At best.

Tannekill was the kinda dude that should've been a starter for like 2 seasons and then a career backup. His skillset was never consistently better than your Matt Moore types.

I'm not a Dolphins fan (not a hater either like the AFC East South Florida transplants) but I was surprised at the amount of them that bristled when I said it was okay to not have any love for the guy as he's leaving here with about $70M and will be jusssst fine. I guess he was nice to a lot of people off the field or they just think he wife is hot or something.

Advertisement
At best.

Tannekill was the kinda dude that should've been a starter for like 2 seasons and then a career backup. His skillset was never consistently better than your Matt Moore types.

I'm not a Dolphins fan (not a hater either like the AFC East South Florida transplants) but I was surprised at the amount of them that bristled when I said it was okay to not have any love for the guy as he's leaving here with about $70M and will be jusssst fine. I guess he was nice to a lot of people off the field or they just think he wife is hot or something.

Agreed, I'll never understand the sympathy pro athletes get when they're cut/fired. Almost all have made, in a couple of years, more than the rest of us can hope to make in a lifetime...cry me a river. Poor Tannehill Ross cut him a check for just shy of 17mil in 2018 what ever will he do?

Last edited:
This might be the first time I've witnessed a franchise go into an off-season with the intention to tank. Tua looks a good prospect but not sure he's worth this level of tanking.

Agreed, I'll never understand the sympathy pro athletes get when they're cut/fired. Almost all have made, in a couple of years, more than the rest of us can hope to make in a lifetime...cry me a river. Poor Tannehill Ross cut him a check for just shy of 17mil in 1028 what ever will he do?

Yup. You get the fans that either insist on being polite as someone gets the boot or the clowns that try play the "Fans ain't really loyal" card.

Tannekill was more than fairly compensated. It's OKAY to say he was a very LARGE reason the Dolphins have sucked for what seems like the 20 years he was here. You don't have to wish bad things on his family but it's fine to accurately and publicly assess his suckitude on the field.

This isn't like when people are still taking shots at Malik Rosier almost a year later. That kid got a free education not generational wealth.

I'm not worried about Fitzpatrick being "too good" for us to tank for the top pick next year. Tampa is picking 5th this year and Fitz had Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, OJ Howard (part of the year), Cameron Brate, Adam Humphries, Chris Godwin, etc.

The 2019 Dolphins will still have some talent at WR (Stills, Grant, Parker -- all of whom have an injury history), but not nearly what Fitz had to work with in Tampa last year. And Miami's O-Line will be absolutely atrocious since it was trash last year and now they're without an LG and a RT.

You could argue that Miami's 2019 ground game will be as good or better than what Fitz had to work with last year, but even if so, it's marginally better. And let's not forget Miami's defense was 27th in the NFL. That was before getting rid of Cam Wake, William Hayes, Alan Branch, etc. and only signing one defensive player, below average CB Eric Rowe.

Miami is going to be very, very bad in 2019. I don't see more than 4 wins max.

Advertisement
Back