Tannehill gone

I'm not worried about Fitzpatrick being "too good" for us to tank for the top pick next year. Tampa is picking 5th this year and Fitz had Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, OJ Howard (part of the year), Cameron Brate, Adam Humphries, Chris Godwin, etc.

The 2019 Dolphins will still have some talent at WR (Stills, Grant, Parker -- all of whom have an injury history), but not nearly what Fitz had to work with in Tampa last year. And Miami's O-Line will be absolutely atrocious since it was trash last year and now they're without an LG and a RT.

You could argue that Miami's 2019 ground game will be as good or better than what Fitz had to work with last year, but even if so, it's marginally better. And let's not forget Miami's defense was 27th in the NFL. That was before getting rid of Cam Wake, William Hayes, Alan Branch, etc. and only signing one defensive player, below average CB Eric Rowe.

Miami is going to be very, very bad in 2019. I don't see more than 4 wins max.

But 12 teams will win only 3. And we suck again.

Advertisement
But 12 teams will win only 3. And we suck again.
3-13 may be good enough to get the top pick, as it was this year. Which teams are a legitimate threat to go 3-13 aside from Miami? Cincy? The Giants?

The Giants will have Saquon, Shepard, Engram, and Tate on offense. You could argue they're each better than any skill player on the Dolphins. The Bengals still have Dalton, Mixon, AJ Green, and a couple of decent tight ends to work with.

3-13 may be good enough to get the top pick, as it was this year. Which teams are a legitimate threat to go 3-13 aside from Miami? Cincy? The Giants?

The Giants will have Saquon, Shepard, Engram, and Tate on offense. You could argue they're each better than any skill player on the Dolphins. The Bengals still have Dalton, Mixon, AJ Green, and a couple of decent tight ends to work with.

Hey, I'm hoping for the best.

I would view this a 2 year tank job. Linemen this year, well next draft. And TL the following, provided he comes out.

Hey, remember last season when Minkah Fitzpatrick publicly disputed Ryan Fitzpatrick’s right to wear the nickname “FitzMagic”?

#teammates

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back