Talent

Advertisement
Kenny Mcintosh had a great career but when I saw him play Thad Franklin’s team, Thad looked just as good as a future prospect.

uga is developing better than BAMA. I dont think Saban is that amazing. the guy outbids everyone and doesnt play by the same rules.
He just zooms in last minute and gets the highest. rated kids. His players dont dominate the NFL. Kirby to me is a better developer.
Saban is great in many ways but when you dont have to worry about getting in trouble, it makes it easier.
Smart has the same rules Saban does. By Kirby getting alot of kids its going to make Saban look worse without them.

To add to that, where is the talent from on those teams that whooped our ***..

MTSU
Duke
FSU

Those games weren't close.

Pitt had 1, but again we were whooped.

UNC, close, but no draft pick in the criteria you selected.

Criminal work by Mario and company.
Drake Maye would have been drafted early

Advertisement
To add to that, where is the talent from on those teams that whooped our ***..

MTSU
Duke
FSU

Those games weren't close.

Pitt had 1, but again we were whooped.

UNC, close, but no draft pick in the criteria you selected.

Criminal work by Mario and company.

Yeah, we were bad . . .

I don't always whoop, but when I do - there it is . . .

FSU didn't have anybody in the first 3 rounds drafted and they won 10 games.

Mario could have won 8-10 games with our roster if he didn't fumble his hires so badly. You could also argue he mismanaged the workload on the players that lead to so many injuries.

Last year was a product of injuries, gattis being manure at OC and a lot of weak *** players and weak *** coaching. I think Mario will eventually have us stockpiled with talent in all three phases of the game and if he can get and keep good coaches and he can be decent at game day management they will be good if not great ago but it might take a little time

Advertisement
Winning 8 games really isn’t that hard, dude. We were 7-5 in 2021 and the schedule included legitimate title contenders. Also opted out of a bowl game we would have likely won to get to 8 wins.

I agree with you on some things you’re saying like James Williams. He might be a 5 star athlete but he’s not a 5 star football player. OL play has sucked for a long time. Lots of fans are delusional in thinking we’re going to go 15-0 while cruising to Natty Number 6 because we had a top 10 recruiting class. There’s no hope for these people. Now winning 8 games? That should be the minimum goal every year based on our laughable schedule. We get 1 FCS and 2 G5’s almost every year. That’s 3 easy wins. All you need to do is go 5-4 against the crappy ACC.
If winning 8 games isn’t that hard then we would have done more than 6x in the last 16 years. Wont win 8 this year unless a miracle happens. You to really look at the roster unbiased.

We have maybe what 2 actual linebackers in the team. Maybe 3-4 DB collectively between CBs and Safeties.

Maybe a couple DTs

8 wins is going to be hard to come by this season unless we average 35 a game

Mario is a real coach. Look how many Oregon kids he got drafted. he finds talent and develops it. Manny was a glorified fan. Let's be real, if his dad wasn't mayor, he never coaches here. The guy coached like a kid playing madden just running all blitz every play. He carried himself like a make a wish kid who got to be coach for a day. Players and reporters have both told me "its just different" when Mario walks into a room. I had questions about Mario but when he went out of his comfort zone and hired Dawson, it showed me alot.

I am not going to bash richt because he was ill. I knew his last year something was off.

IMG_0045.jpeg

Our recruiting classes since 2018 per 247:

2018 - 8th
2019 - 27th
2020 - 17th
2021 - 11th
2022 - 16th

Middle Tennessee State

2018 - 104th
2019- 85th
2020 - 93rd
2021 - 121st
2022 - 108th

Now I don’t buy a lot of the recruiting hype, but there’s no way you’re going to convince me programs like MTSU have more talent than we do. Not even close.
Results speak for themselves on the field of play.

The other being that Miami should be better than we have been in the conference whether it’s Manny, Mario, @coachmacho, etc…
Sure absolutely we should. But the same people who say last seasons results were Mario's faults and he's the wrong coach for us are the same people who see their wives glance at some dude & scream "***** YOU ******"...

Advertisement
I know its brutal fellas, but be patient. Last year was worse than even the worst case scenario, but essentially we were exposed as the king with no clothes. Mario had to rebuild the entire program, including the culture, which was atrocious.

Advertisement
I think many Canes fans are delusional beyond repair.

Did Mario **** the best this past year? YES! 8 wins or more was going to be a tall task know matter what. We had holes all over the roster not to mention we were bringing in an entire new coaching staff.

Since the end of the Comer era till now we’ve had 8 or more wins 6x. Six out of 16 years is pathetic.

What people fail to realize is that our issue is twofold. It’s been bad coaching along with terrible evaluation/development.

Gotta stop saying that Mario took a 7-5 team and made them worse.

First off the Roster left behind by Manny is the worst roster since the end of the Erickson era/ early Butch.

Secondly, we overrate our talent beyond all recognition. I implore you to turn on another team and just watch how these guys move. We’ve had guys for 4+ who couldn’t catch a football. That has nothing to do with coaching. Mark duper wasn’t gonna improve Mark Pope and Wiggins.

MTSU had WRs blowing the doors off our defense because we recruited guys like DJ IVEY who had no business playing P5 D1 ball.

We haven’t generated a push offensively since Stoutland. That’s because we’ve trotted out guys like DJ Scaif and Trevor Darling who wouldn’t get snaps at Wake Forest. They were both 4 stars, but that doesn’t mean ****. We’ve had scrubs so long that most of this board has forgotten what a real athlete looks like.

James Williams is a 5 star and WTF has he done? He is criminally overrated and should not be playing safety. We evaluated him wrong. He’s slow and can’t tackle. That’s not a 5 star.

Im interested to see what we can do when we actually have P5 quality athletes. The guys Mario has been bringing in are on a different level athletically than we’ve had in a long time.

If we keep recruiting like last year and sprinkle in real coaching we’ll be cooking.

Easy AF to get to 8 wins or more last season (or any season) without the WOAT staff. We’d beat A&M, MTSU and UNC to start with just a “good” OC.

Saying fans are delusional for that is dumb as ****.

I’ve been preaching the lack of talent for years. Nobody wanted to listen.
Same sh but everyone gets hyped. The type of bulk load we got (pause) ended being just as good as lower level schools that gave us trouble. That type of talent will get u in nail biters vs teams that are on paper lesser than us. But since the evals are so bad our 4 stars be really 3 stars, and a team who evals better ucf (example) 3 stars are actually 4 stars.

I always said any game we could lose cause up front we were trotting out pop Warner types.

Advertisement
Back