Talent

M3N

Senior
Beating a dead horse, but once again the NFL draft shows the lack of talent we have.

Illinois (x2)
Texas tech
Northwestern
Iowa State
Mississippi State
Pittsburg
TCU (x2)
Boston college
Maryland
Utah
Kansas State (x2)
Kentucky
Syracuse
Oregon State
Georgia Tech
North Dakota State
Michigan St
UCLA
SMU

All before Tyrique Stevenson in the 2nd round. And he transferred in here.

By the begging of the 5th round, many of the schools above had multiple players drafted. We have no more than 1…

The roster prior to Mario was at a group of 5 level maybe even worse.

Advertisement
The Draft showcases talent, obviously as they're going to be pro's.

There's a difference between players with pro potential and the **** sandwich we served up last year. It was downright criminal.

We might have talent, you wouldn't know it though. Not the way they were asked to play.

I've also always maintained that the NFL showcases pro potential, but it isn't a barometer of college talent. Too many good, even great, college players that shouldn't sniff the NFL.

Mario and company made this team worse. That's a fact.

To add to that, where is the talent from on those teams that whooped our ***..

MTSU
Duke
FSU

Those games weren't close.

Pitt had 1, but again we were whooped.

UNC, close, but no draft pick in the criteria you selected.

Criminal work by Mario and company.

Beating a dead horse, but once again the NFL draft shows the lack of talent we have.

Illinois (x2)
Texas tech
Northwestern
Iowa State
Mississippi State
Pittsburg
TCU (x2)
Boston college
Maryland
Utah
Kansas State (x2)
Kentucky
Syracuse
Oregon State
Georgia Tech
North Dakota State
Michigan St
UCLA
SMU

By the begging of the 5th round, many of the schools above had multiple players drafted. We have no more than 1…

Its always been talent our evals were dog water. On top of that when they were good evals bama came in or whomever and swiped.

Advertisement
The draft is the end all be all indicator of what type of talent u have. For years u heard our picks will "do well in the NFL" and bama doesnt develop. I knew that wasnt true then, and now u dont hear it no more cause we have all the proof.

There's a difference between players with pro potential and the **** sandwich we served up last year. It was downright criminal.

We might have talent, you wouldn't know it though. Not the way they were asked to play.

I've also always maintained that the NFL showcases pro potential, but it isn't a barometer of college talent. Too many good, even great, college players that shouldn't sniff the NFL.

No question. Whatever happened last year was downright pathetic and Mario is to blame.

But it doesn’t ignore the lack of talent we possessed though. For the past 4 years our best players and draftees were transfers outside of GR15.

We lacked evaluation, coaching, and development. A complete strike out by Richt and Manny. Till this day Al ****** Golden evaluated, recruited, and developed the best since Butch. No question about it. And that’s beyond pathetic when you consider his tenure here and other places.

If we want to beat ACC teams we are going to need more Pro potential players. If we are going to compete with the big boys we are going need more sure fire high draft pick type guys.

Illinois (x2)
Texas tech
Northwestern
Iowa State
Mississippi State
Pittsburg
TCU (x2)
Boston college
Maryland
Utah
Kansas State (x2)
Kentucky
Syracuse
Oregon State
Georgia Tech
North Dakota State
Michigan St
UCLA
SMU

Bruh, there some G5 schools (Definitely 1- Tulane) that have had more kids drafted than us, so far. 😐
Edit: With Will Mallory off the board, we’re now tied with Tulane. 😊

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone will argue Miami is ultra talented right now, but we’re sure as **** talented enough to beat MTSU, Duke, UNC, and all the other ACC chumps who school us regularly. A big part of what makes a good coach great is how they get the most out of what they have. Last years team should have won 8 games minimum, not be the worst Miami team we’ve seen in 30 years.

Advertisement
Taggart and his predecessor must have left Mario in a much better position at Oregon because he’s never had a 5 win season at a Power 5 school.

Well said

Advertisement
Advertisement
No question. Whatever happened last year was downright pathetic and Mario is to blame.

But it doesn’t ignore the lack of talent we possessed though. For the past 4 years our best players and draftees were transfers outside of GR15.

We lacked evaluation, coaching, and development. A complete strike out by Richt and Manny. Till this day Al ****** Golden evaluated, recruited, and developed the best since Butch. No question about it. And that’s beyond pathetic when you consider his tenure here and other places.

If we want to beat ACC teams we are going to need more Pro potential players. If we are going to compete with the big boys we are going need more sure fire high draft pick type guys.

We can all agree or disagree about talent.

Talent is nothing if it isn't developed and put in a position to succeed.

We're on to the next coaches and if this type of stuff continues, I'll know where I'm looking.

We didn't need more than what we had last year to compete with some of those losses we had. The point differential from one year to the next with Manny at the helm is embarrassing for Mario.

The idea that we need all of this elite talent is needed, sure, it would be great. Can we just have someone though who gets more out of their players than the coach we're facing that Saturday. Mario and his guys got nothing out of last year's team. He didn't earn his salary and he burnt the players on the field.

But Al Golden didn’t win with all the talent he had in 2013-2014 so what’s that say about him? He can recruit but can’t win? Sounds awfully familiar!

I think Golden benefited a lot from recruiting kids who were old enough to remember Miami football dominating CFB. Duke Johnson was going to play at Miami no matter what. Those recruits don’t exist anymore. They grew up watching the SEC machine and that’s where they want to play.

I forgot to add, I just think we see one critical thing a bit differently. I expect our coaches to coach our players up. I expect them to out coach the oppositions coaching staff. They sure as **** should be witb the money they're earning. I've never felt you need elite talent to have a shot at the ACC.

The narrative is changing witb Mario at the helm. We need all this elite talent, rah, rah, rah.

Nah brothers, we need coaches who get what they can from who we've got and we build from there. We do that first thing, we'd never see 5-7 and we'd be in the ACC discussion late.

Advertisement
Back