Taggart to FSU; Leavitt stays at Oregon

i hope taggert stays there for years. dont think he's THAT good. will be interesting to see how long it takes the FSU fanbase to run him out of town. generally,they are a bunch of redneck racists, so this should be interesting.

Advertisement
Honestly I can't fathom how they aren't going full court press with Lane Kiffin.

Guy is going to make the next person to hire him look like a genius.

Tagfart has the same resume Folden had. Maybe slightly less impressive.

FSU is the clear cut best job available this year and they are going to hire a Golden level corch while UCLA and Nebraska hire absolute studs. It warms the heart.

Haha. I do feel like Schadenfreude-Christmas came early this year.

Never won the conference at USF in the AAC where he had (or should have had) a monumental talent differential.

Advertisement
Just looked it up and thought it was interesting, Willie Taggart is 8-29 in his career when playing teams that finish above .500. Does anyone remember what Golden was at Temple?

I watched USF a lot and while his teams put up points, they were always undisciplined. Tons of penalties and his defense was atrocious while at USF. He needs a strong DC since he is all about offense so he did right by going to get Leavitt when he went to Oregon. The USF team this year was pretty much his team, only Strong had them slightly better on defense.

Major desperation move by FSU, but really they have few viable options. If you had told me FSU would throw a pile of money at a HC with a sub .500 record I wouldn't have believed you. If he turns them down they're fooked too.

They might actually end up better off like UF did.

"Luck" into getting a retread average SEC corch after your first 16 choices turn you down?

Except for Gundy (who I'm not didn't even seriously consider them), every one of their choices before Mullen was worse than what they ended up with.

Advertisement
The sad thing (and by sad I mean amazingly beautiful) is I can't even think of any good options out there for the poor ******** in Tally.

Venebles teamed up with a decent OC? Again, another unproven entity and even then you're going the route of just thinking that you can win essentially with a good OC and a good DC alone.

Fuente? The guy at Memphis? I guess that's why Taggart makes sense but it still won't make it a good hire. Ol' Cuckbo really f*cked them. Love it!

FSU is due for a Coker, Shanntard, Folden line of hires. Every major program has gone through it. They’ve been lucky with about 40 years of reasonably consistent stability at HC. It’s time to start a down cycle for them, and a guy like Tagfart would be a good way to start it.

The sad thing (and by sad I mean amazingly beautiful) is I can't even think of any good options out there for the poor ******** in Tally.

Venebles teamed up with a decent OC? Again, another unproven entity and even then you're going the route of just thinking that you can win essentially with a good OC and a good DC alone.

Fuente? The guy at Memphis? I guess that's why Taggart makes sense but it still won't make it a good hire. Ol' Cuckbo really f*cked them. Love it!

UCLA had the right idea, UF tried too. And by all accounts Nebraska was moving while Riley was still employed.

Gotta fire in season now and get the jump, early signing day and most coaches are already dug in by the time the season is over.

Advertisement
Major desperation move by FSU, but really they have few viable options. If you had told me FSU would throw a pile of money at a HC with a sub .500 record I wouldn't have believed you. If he turns them down they're fooked too.

They might actually end up better off like UF did.

"Luck" into getting a retread average SEC corch after your first 16 choices turn you down?

Except for Gundy (who I'm not didn't even seriously consider them), every one of their choices before Mullen was worse than what they ended up with.

I'm no Chip Kelly fanboy but I bet he could've gone 6 games under .500 in conference play at Miss State like Mullen did. And time will tell on Frost but I guarantee you that Gheyturd Nation would've preferred him to Mullen by at least a 3:1 margin if given the choice prior to drinking their SEC issued cultist Kool Aid.

UCLA had the right idea, UF tried too. And by all accounts Nebraska was moving while Riley was still employed.

Gotta fire in season now and get the jump, early signing day and most coaches are already dug in by the time the season is over.

Agreed, but FSU didn't have that luxury. $40 million to Jimbo for firing him

Advertisement
In the last 3 years:

Willie Taggart vs teams with less talent than his squad: 25-5

Willie Taggart vs teams with more talent: 1-7

Agreed, but FSU didn't have that luxury. $40 million to Jimbo for firing him

If FSU didn't see this coming they have bigger problems than just the next HC. Everyone knew Sumlin was finished by the end of October.

They were completely ill prepared for this.

Tagfart is five games under 500 as a head corch. No big wins. No bowl wins. A total of four years coaching at the power 5 level—none as a coordinator.

I love this hire.

Advertisement
Back