Taggart to FSU; Leavitt stays at Oregon

Advertisement
Someone convince me that this is a good thing?

Cause what I know of Willie...
He runs a nice offense and he can recruit.

Fsu always recruits well.

True.
And taggart is unproven as a coach in big games. He hasnt been in a atmosphere like fsu vs miami. He hasnt had to recruit against miami, uf, bama, and etc.

I'll give you the unproven in big games angle but he's got some badasses out of the Tampa area going to Oregon with offers from all that you mentioned.

fake-tweet20171204-12-1kc8d7y.jpg

Is this the resume that you thought the next head coach at FSU would have? Is it one to be feared? Bowl wins aren't even listed.....because there are none. Ohhhh but Taggart can recruit! As if we've known a time when FSU couldn't recruit. Please. FSU will recruit for itself at first and a guy like Taggart won't be able to out-recruit initial consecutive bad seasons up there.

I welcome this hire. I hope Taggart is dumb enough to want to follow Jimbo instead of staying in Oregon with less expectations/pressure and continued Nike money.

20171204_133427.jpg

True.
And taggart is unproven as a coach in big games. He hasnt been in a atmosphere like fsu vs miami. He hasnt had to recruit against miami, uf, bama, and etc.

I'll give you the unproven in big games angle but he's got some badasses out of the Tampa area going to Oregon with offers from all that you mentioned.

Yeah he does. I just watched a couple of them at Armwood last Friday.

Advertisement

Doesn't have a winning record, and it might not even be true. I think Phil Knight will give him a ton of money to stay.

Doubt it. For all the Knight/money talk at Oregon, they don't actually spend a lot. I suspect Knight/Nike gives things and builds things, but doesn't actually pay. As an example, Taggart was on a five year $16 million dollar deal. Levitt got $1.15 as DC, but that was a record and no other assistant gets much.

Mark Richt and Manny Diaz said bend over. im tired of us acting scared of these dudes and anyone else. Let them get curb stomped the next decade as well lock down south florida.

Advertisement

True.

That Warren Thompson is a beast.

Is this the resume that you thought the next head coach at FSU would have? Is it one to be feared? Bowl wins aren't even listed.....because there are none. Ohhhh but Taggart can recruit! As if we've known a time when FSU couldn't recruit. Please. FSU will recruit for itself at first and a guy like Taggart won't be able to out-recruit initial consecutive bad seasons up there.

I welcome this hire. I hope Taggart is dumb enough to want to follow Jimbo instead of staying in Oregon with less expectations/pressure and continued Nike money.

View attachment 55729

Exactly. You can’t just be a “recruiter” to win at this level. I like Willie, but his lack of wins should xoncern FSU fans. And his lack of major college football experience.

It won't happen because he's not head coaching material but it'd be hilarious if Luigi DID follow Taggart back here.....to be the head corch at UCF.

View attachment 55729

Exactly. You can’t just be a “recruiter” to win at this level. I like Willie, but his lack of wins should xoncern FSU fans. And his lack of major college football experience.

recruit AND develop. Butch wasnt a great gameday coach but he found the talent and developed the **** out of them.

Advertisement
Who did he recruit that UM or FSU or uf wanted? When did he beat out UM for a recruit?

Last edited:
Willie has one hope, and that is to find a Quinton Flowers to run his offense. If he doesn't find that kind of guy, it will be three years and 15 losses and they'll be doing this all over again.

True.

This is a much bigger deal for Florida. They traditionally pull a lot of kids out of Tampa Bay. LoL

Last edited:
Advertisement

View attachment 55729

Spot on. The guy's resume is thinner than James Blackman's arms and being known as a "recruiter" should hold LESS value as an attribute when seeking one of the Florida "Big 3" jobs. It kinda should just be assumed that you're able to recruit at an elite level. That "I can recruit Florida" shtick works in getting jobs like Oregon. It should be meaningless if you're trying to come back here.

Al Golden and Dorito said they want to get back in the seat and prove everyone that they are indeed not as ****** as they are made out to be.

I say FSU is a great place for them....they had shirts praising AG so seems like a natural fit.

BTW how fuggin sweat would that be!!! one can dream right?

Taggart, Leavitt and Cristobal will be a force on the recruting trail.

I don't want it to be Taggart.

True.

Some good recruits but they aint all that.

Advertisement
Back