Taggart to FSU; Leavitt stays at Oregon

Taggart's first staff hire will be to bring Red Lightning back to be the sideline ball boy again.

Advertisement
They better hope for a miracle on the DC front because, other than his one year with Leavitt, Tagfart has never been associated with even a decent defense. His defenses didn't even try to stop anyone before his year with Leavitt.

The arrogant facquits at FSU probably just assumed that Tagfart would bring Leavitt with him when they hired Tagfart.

Is Jimbo retaining Chavis? Wouldn't be surprised to see them pony up to try and get him based on his name, although his defenses struggled with Sumlin as the HC

It speaks really well to Taggart's abilities that Leavitt chose loyalty to Cristobal over moving to FSU.

AHAHAA!! Trickett remains?! HAHAHAA!!! That was the main reason any Nole fan wanted Jimbo fired! They knew Jimbo wasn't firing Trickett and now they lose Jimbo and retain Trickett!? AHHAAAA!!!

FSU's Willie Taggart hires new assistant, but searching for new defensive coordinator - Orlando Sentinel

"Wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey, offensive line coach Rick Trickett, linebackers coach Bill Miller, defensive ends coach Brad Lawing and defensive coordinator Charles Kelly meanwhile remain on FSU’s coaching staff."

UPDATE: I may have spoke too soon. I think this will change after the bowl game.

Last edited:
Taggart is FSU Al Golden

“turning around” USF was as much about teams leaving the conference than Taggart. Same as Temple heading to MAC under Golden

2012. Holtz fired

WVU Pitt Syracuse leave Big East

2013. Taggart goes 2-10 in AAC losing to Lville 34-3 and Rutgers 31-6

Rutgers and LVille leave AAC

Taggart gets to 10-2 in 2016 playing the replacements (Memphis first season wout Fuente, Eddie Gran left Cincy to OC at UK 2015, Lincoln Riley headed from ECU to OC at OU after 2014)

Advertisement
Taggart is FSU Al Golden

“turning around” USF was as much about teams leaving the conference than Taggart. Same as Temple heading to MAC under Golden

2012. Holtz fired

Taggart gets to 10-2 in 2016 playing the replacements (Memphis first season wout Fuente, Eddie Gran left Cincy to OC at UK 2015, Lincoln Riley headed from ECU to OC at OU after 2014)

:haha_smiley:

Taggart is FSU Al Golden

2012. Holtz fired

Top notch! You make a good point. Skrongs first season, 11 wins, and they played absolutely nobody until UCF. The program really went from Legitimate P5 to second tier irrelevency. That conference is the worst. Isnt it actually the linear descendant of the old B East?

AHAHAA!! Trickett remains?! HAHAHAA!!! That was the main reason any Nole fan wanted Jimbo fired! They knew Jimbo wasn't firing Trickett and now they lose Jimbo and retain Trickett!? AHHAAAA!!!

FSU's Willie Taggart hires new assistant, but searching for new defensive coordinator - Orlando Sentinel

"Wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey, offensive line coach Rick Trickett, linebackers coach Bill Miller, defensive ends coach Brad Lawing and defensive coordinator Charles Kelly meanwhile remain on FSU’s coaching staff."

UPDATE: I may have spoke too soon. I think this will change after the bowl game.

Yeah, there is no way Kelly remains on the staff. The secondary basically let it be known through the media the would transfer if he was there next year. Those guys are under contract and have to keep coaching/recruiting until told otherwise. I'd expect the majority of them to be cut after the bowl game

Yeah, there is no way Kelly remains on the staff. The secondary basically let it be known through the media the would transfer if he was there next year. Those guys are under contract and have to keep coaching/recruiting until told otherwise. I'd expect the majority of them to be cut after the bowl game

Any defensive players that sign with them must be mentally deficient, you have zero idea of who your actual coach will be and what type of scheme he'll run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back