Taggart to FSU; Leavitt stays at Oregon

Advertisement
I'd be more scared of Kiffin.

Taggart is 4-5 in the Pac 12 and took 3 years to get USF to a winning record. Lane took FAU from 3 wins to 9 wins in a year. Even Butch did the same at FIU. Frost took UCF from 0-12 to 12-0 in less time. Good coaches can win in easy conferences quickly. Taggart took too long.

Taggart, Leavitt and Cristobal will be a force on the recruting trail.

I don't want it to be Taggart.

Why just let FSU have Cristobal? Give him Hartley's position (TE/ST) and add the Co-OC tag with Brown. I don't care that he left Golden's sinking ship. He'd be a major coaching and recruiting upgrade.

Why just let FSU have Cristobal? Give him Hartley's position (TE/ST) and add the Co-OC tag with Brown. I don't care that he left Golden's sinking ship. He'd be a major coaching and recruiting upgrade.

in hindsight i cant blame mario for leaving golden. Still, dude is not god.

Now we’re scared of cristobal again. Who has he recruited when he didn’t have the bama name behind him?

Advertisement

Please. At this point clowns like Radio and Luigi should just be known as guys that only recruit down here by negatively recruiting UM. Same crap from them to the same kids as they keep on shuffling schools.

Hey there Corch Luigi! So now I should come to Tally and not sunny Eugene? Why? Cause Miami sucks? I like what you're selling! Sign me up! Thanks for the heads up about Coach Richt retiring and those super secret sanctions about to hit Coral Gables!

Last edited:

Please. At this point clowns like Radio and Luigi should just be known as guys that only recruit down here by negatively recruiting UM. Same crap from them to the same kids as they keep on shuffling schools.

Hey there Corch Luigi! So now I should come to Tally and not sunny Eugene? Why? Cause Miami sucks? I like what you're selling!

Exactly, how are you recruiting against Miami in 2018?

ITS TOO NICE THERE! THE FACILITIES ARE TOO NEW! THE WOMEN ARE TOO HOT!

At some point you have to win. He didn't even win a conf title at USF right? First you sell hope, but Taggart is going to have to win quickly at FSU. That's not a program who is going to be patient with a rebuild like Oregon, WKU and USF.

They'll be multiple Jameis' on his team, and I ain't talking about on field performance if you know what I mean.

They'll have multiple arrests and maybe even some NCAA violations within 4 years (if he lasts that long) under Taggart.

He's stupid af if he leaves Oregon. That's his ceiling.

Advertisement
He’s the type that doesn’t stay anywhere long enough to actually have history. He leaves after one decent year. He doesn’t build programs.

Exactly, how are you recruiting against Miami in 2018?

ITS TOO NICE THERE! THE FACILITIES ARE TOO NEW! THE WOMEN ARE TOO HOT!
Our College Gamedays and stadium crowds suck. Oh wait...

That stadium you'll play in will host a CFP Playoff game in 2018, the Super Bowl in 2020 and the National Championship in 2021 is a bus ride away from your dorm! THE HORROR.

Throw out any preconceived notions you might have about Taggart's actual ability to coach. This would be a beyond risky move (getting paid aside) on his part too.

A) You're following Jimbo and the expectations are still insanely high in Tallahassee.

B) You're going into a job with a resume that won't be respected the moment things go south so there will be no room for error or time for rebuilding as the fanbase will immediately jump to deeming you a mistake hire and a reach by the AD.

C) You're pulling a "Kiffin" and bailing on a "major" program 1 year in for what you'll deem a "dream job". As I said in another thread, if you fail here then you just might wake up as a head coach in Boca.

Advertisement
EH a big step down from Jimbo . Taggert might become a great coach but right now he is long on potential and short on results. UM has more to fear from UF now than FSU.

Major desperation move by FSU, but really they have few viable options. If you had told me FSU would throw a pile of money at a HC with a sub .500 record I wouldn't have believed you. If he turns them down they're fooked too.

Advertisement
Major desperation move by FSU, but really they have few viable options. If you had told me FSU would throw a pile of money at a HC with a sub .500 record I wouldn't have believed you. If he turns them down they're fooked too.

They might actually end up better off like UF did.

Tagfart has the same resume Folden had. Maybe slightly less impressive.

FSU is the clear cut best job available this year and they are going to hire a Golden level corch while UCLA and Nebraska hire absolute studs. It warms the heart.

They might actually end up better off like UF did.

"Luck" into getting a retread average SEC corch after your first 16 choices turn you down?

Advertisement
Back