T Chris Washington commits

Ehhh.....Pro potential is a huge factor in rankings. I know you said it is a factor but it's a larger one than you think IMO. Five stars are literally selected to mirror the NFL draft.
View attachment 88326
There are different services. Not all use that version of the ranking explanation. That said, I also think it’s somewhat bull****. When you peel it all back, these services are (a) media businesses, not professional talent evaluators, (b) cater to the fan bases of major programs, and (c) largely rank based on the recruiting heat a recruit generates. Kids chased by Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia and Michigan will get ranked high. They (the ranking services) are effectively offloading the assessment work to the best college staffs (major assumption: that offer lists are accurate). This makes sense, because colllege staffs are professionals at this stuff. But colleges recruit for their needs. In college. Often, the best kids will also project well to the nfl. But it’s hard to know what a service even means in saying they’re so nfl focused. Many of these kids don’t even play the position in HS they will play in college or the nfl. Basically, they’re saying measurables and athletic ability are tie breakers. That sounds reasonable, but they’re just overstating the point.

Advertisement
Having no d-1 offers is not "poor evaluation by recruiting services". If he actually is good it means it is poor evaluation by "all the P5 schools that saw him and didn't offer him".
He plays on a traditionally bad Overton team. They probably don’t get a lot of attention.

I will get out in fall camp and go watch his practices along with Lawrence and the big TE from Ravenwood. I have really good connections at Ravenwood since they’re in our district. The metro Nashville teams we usually catch in preseason scrimmages like Overton.

He plays on a traditionally bad Overton team. They probably don’t get a lot of attention.

I will get out in fall camp and go watch his practices along with Lawrence and the big TE from Ravenwood. I have really good connections at Ravenwood since they’re in our district. The metro Nashville teams we usually catch is preseason scrimmages like Overton.

Look forward to hearing an update. Appreciate the info bro.

Advertisement
You have to play the sport to get to the playoffs.

We are not getting to the playoffs without beating clemson

We better get some blue chips if we want to beat Clemson

Let's keep it 💯

Mfs gotta take those orange and green glasses off

Let's keep it 💯

We have a ton of blue chips at multiple positions.

Let's keep it 💯

😂😂😂
Post went over your head.

You don't compete for a natty, those young men wearing that U do. You msg on a CIS board like me. Just be a fan and enjoy the ride and calm ya ****, 2Mikes.

So we have a 5 star, a 4 star, 2 guys that played TE in HS which is why they were ranked so low and 2 3 stars.

Now bear in mind there are literally less than 50 5 stars a year about 300 4 stars and 1000 3 stars. So basically what we are seeing is 33% of that classes 5 star OTs went first round. 4% of 4 star OTs. and 1% of 3 star OTs were drafted in the first round.

Obviously this says we should be targeting 5 stars and 4 stars.
Taking the Wisconsin approach isn't bad. Recruit aggressive and smart kids to play the Olineman. All of those kids including that Deiter kid that was drafted by the Dolphins were not 5 Star kids. They developed into 5 star talent.

Advertisement

Some pictures from this weekend. Has such an enormous frame that he carries 280 and still looks like a tight end. He will need a couple of years but could carry 310-320 or even more if needed with ease.

Advertisement
I hope the SEC doesn't wise up and offer this kid. He has a huge upside and fits the exact profile we should be targeting:

OL is so hard to project but a friend of mine who’s great coach always said “so fla kids have guys behind them that run 4.3 to 4.5 40s.
You gotta recruit OL men that are used to having to play through the whistle in the cold weather”

Can somebody explain to me what happened to coach Barry? People were praising him in the off-season but now they hate hime. What is he doing wrong

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back