T Chris Washington commits

Advertisement
I meant I hope he really was the best of the guys on the team.

True, the plan was for Kennedy to be the left tackle to give Nelson time to grow in the spot. After watching Nelson from Florida to Pitt I hope he succeeds he's came along way and never gave up or pitched a ***** on the field he keeps competing and fighting. I like his fight.

Advertisement
True, the plan was for Kennedy to be the left tackle to give Nelson time to grow in the spot. After watching Nelson from Florida to Pitt I hope he succeeds he's came along way and never gave up or pitched a ***** on the field he keeps competing and fighting. I like his fight.
I actually feel bad for him.

He may have listed himself as left tackle 6-5 240 is tight end. His film is basically a tight end playing in a heavy run offense. No legit pass blocking

No he was playing LT. He was just an undersized OL. He didn’t run any routes, he didn’t go out for any catches. He blocked on the line as an OL. He didn’t list tight end because he didn’t line up or played it. He was an OT. That’s why many of us questioned the signing because he was undersized. That’s like a 5’11 210lb kid playing DE. He only lined up at DE and never played DB. You can’t say “5’11 210, he was a DB in hs.” No he was DE. Now you can say, “Why did our p5 FBS football coach offer this 5’11 210lb DE an offer?” Then day, “I can’t believe he started the 5’11 210 kid who is now 270 at DE...”

That’s what happened with Zion. He was an undersized OT that was rushed into action by the coaches. And to be fair,you probably know how to play TE better than him because all of his footage is at OT.

I don’t even know how to judge if that’s the case with this staph because they play guys over better players for trying harder. Look at Rousseau and Hill with Patchan for starters.

Rousseau I get because he was coming off season ending surgery but his play speaks for itself he is the starter. Patchan was given the chance to keep the spot but he didn't perform. It would be the equivalent of giving a running back 30 carries a game coming off a ACL. When Lingard come back next healthy he better not get 20+ carries his 1st few games give him a workload to adjust back dont just throw him out there ease back in this is long term not just one game.

Advertisement
No he was playing LT. He was just an undersized OL. He didn’t run any routes, he didn’t go out for any catches. He blocked on the line as an OL. He didn’t list tight end because he didn’t line up or played it. He was an OT. That’s why many of us questioned the signing because he was undersized. That’s like a 5’11 210lb kid playing DE. He only lined up at DE and never played DB. You can’t say “5’11 210, he was a DB in hs.” No he was DE. Now you can say, “Why did our p5 FBS football coach offer this 5’11 210lb DE an offer?” Then day, “I can’t believe he started the 5’11 210 kid who is now 270 at DE...”

That’s what happened with Zion. He was an undersized OT that was rushed into action by the coaches. And to be fair,you probably know how to play TE better than him because all of his footage is at OT.

I get him listing as left tackle but his film to me is a guy that's a tight end just run blocking. Basically playing the position for the team. Yeah he may not have ran routes but I dont see left tackle. His balance was horrible, his feet were quick he was not afraid to hit someone I just cant say I saw him actually performing like a left tackle.

I actually feel bad for him.

When he gets out and actually does what he suppose to do with his kick and punch extending his arms out he doesn't do a bad job. Its when he's late off the line it's when he looks bad. It's going to happen from time to time but from game 1 to the bowl game let's see if we can actually say this is the spot for him

Advertisement
I get him listing as left tackle but his film to me is a guy that's a tight end just run blocking. Basically playing the position for the team. Yeah he may not have ran routes but I dont see left tackle. His balance was horrible, his feet were quick he was not afraid to hit someone I just cant say I saw him actually performing like a left tackle.

So pretty much you did not understand why the coach started him as a OT when he was an obvious project? I agree with you there. The young man needed time to develop.

When he gets out and actually does what he suppose to do with his kick and punch extending his arms out he doesn't do a bad job. Its when he's late off the line it's when he looks bad. It's going to happen from time to time but from game 1 to the bowl game let's see if we can actually say this is the spot for him
What bowl game? Lol

Advertisement
So pretty much you did not understand why the coach started him as a OT when he was an obvious project? I agree with you there. The young man needed time to develop.

I get why he is playing you have to be athletic to be legy tackle which he is, and Kennedy was suppose to be the starter but he is not ready so next man up. To be a project Barry has done alot to get a two star left tackle to even be serviceable year one.

That is why we were his only FBS offer. You would be surprised what type of lines these little schools pump out. There are schools in Connecticut and schit that have guys who are 5'11 200 lbs starting on the line lol. I mean Bill Bellichek played center at some D3 school lol.

There’s actually a lot of 1a and 2a schools that have 200 pound ol. It’s really common at that level

Advertisement
Back