Syracuse message board

They’re happy they won and are enjoying the euphoria of it.

They think they’re gonna win...what are they unposed to say” we suck and we’ll get beat by 30”...They’re doing exactly what any school would do after knocking off the number 2 team in the country.

Advertisement
Teams get better as the season goes on. Clemson's defense was thought to be far better than ours and very well still may be. Syracuse had no problem putting up points on them. Offensively, I can understand their reason for optimism.

After all the dumb stuff I have seen our fans say, even last week how we would roll (same with FSU and all kinds of crap through the years), who cares what they're saying. Some say fans are supposed to be a bit nutty, whatever.

This is a concerning game for sure. We can't spot them points or we likely lose.

Rinse and repeat.

Toledo, Duke, FSU, GT, now Syracuse have had posters like you wetting their pants and predicting a loss.

Can't wait for what you have to say about UNC next week

Cute attempt at a slam, but please find where I said we would lose to any those teams. Carry on though.

This game could go either way. We aren't world beaters yet and look sloppy a good portion of every game so far. That's college football and sloppy or not, I will take the 5-0 over any other alternative.

Their fans are delusional. They are talking like we have no chance to stop their offense. A bunch are saying they will put up over 40 points on us. I hope we curb stomp their ***. I just want to see us put a full game together on offense. Need to start fast and keep the pedal to the floor.

Crazy, another fan base thinking they will beat their next opponent.

**** we have delusional fans too. Folks thought we would kill GT . . .

Since 2014 Syracuse is 4-13 on the road with only 2 wins against P5 teams. Those wins were to bad Boston College and Wake Forest teams. We roll big time 42-17

Advertisement
we make fun of cuse for being confident, but weren't people predicting we were going to blow out FSU AND GT... in fact, weren't those some people crapping on the fans that expected a close game?

Their fans are delusional. They are talking like we have no chance to stop their offense. A bunch are saying they will put up over 40 points on us. I hope we curb stomp their ***. I just want to see us put a full game together on offense. Need to start fast and keep the pedal to the floor.

Crazy, another fan base thinking they will beat their next opponent.

**** we have delusional fans too. Folks thought we would kill GT . . .

solid avatar change

Advertisement
Remember making the trek to the dome back in the day with Warren Sapp & crew and Sapp doing a pre-game warm up run around the dome with the Cuse fans just staring at him looking scared. Also remember all the chicks with the huge sign "Chris Gedney we love YOUR tight end...LOL

we make fun of cuse for being confident, but weren't people predicting we were going to blow out FSU AND GT... in fact, weren't those some people crapping on the fans that expected a close game?

I don't get this. We were favored over FSU and GT and were seen as the objectively better team. Even if people were wrong in picking a blowout, why would we not think we would win.

In contrast, Syracuse is a 16 point underdog to us and nobody nationally thinks they're better. So their fans unanimously predicting a win, and most of them predicting an easy win, is just ridiculous, even if expected.

Did you really need that explained to you?

nobody has mentioned it yet, but don't wanna make another thread so i'll post here

Saturday in coral gables, 70% chance of precipitation from 2pm - 6pm.

gonna be another wet sloppy game, gotta believe 100% that it benefits us and dramatically hurts syracuse's uptempo offense.

they haven't won on grass in over a calandar year and are used to practicing/playing a dome. It'll be muggy and possibly pouring saturday

They are really ****ed about their offense being compared to Toledo's.
Pro Football Focus had Toledo's QB as one of the Ten best in the country so far through 7 weeks, and Toledo's WR the second best in the country through 7 weeks. That's not exactly the most offensive comparison.

Maybe they haven't seen Toledo and assume they suck? I don't know but I left the Toledo game very impressed with their offense in general and especially their quarterback. That dude could start pretty much anywhere in the country.

They have the 26th ranked offense in the country. Now they have apparently lost that elite WR for the year with a broken leg. BUT, being compared offensively to a healthy Toledo offense is not a knock.

I was wondering why Toledo's offense seemed to be slipping lately.

Advertisement

I don't get this. We were favored over FSU and GT and were seen as the objectively better team. Even if people were wrong in picking a blowout, why would we not think we would win.

In contrast, Syracuse is a 16 point underdog to us and nobody nationally thinks they're better. So their fans unanimously predicting a win, and most of them predicting an easy win, is just ridiculous, even if expected.

Did you really need that explained to you?

The point, which you may have missed, is that fans on message boards have unrealistic expectations. I used our own as an example.

Are we still doing this predict a 30+ point win or get negged to death? We have flaws just like any other team and acknowledging that is just being reasonable

Their QB's play on Friday was the most impressive ive seen this year. Kid is legit as ****. 6'4 220, tough, fast and has a great arm. We need to hit that ***cer often and hard

I was at the game Friday and Dungey takes a lot of hits so we will have our chances. We need to keep him in the pocket. His ability to run and extend plays is what won that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Dungey is a dead man. Screenshot it. You don't "take hits" vs our linebackers. Sorry, ain't gonna happen.

Didnt they lose to Midd Tenn State??? Yeah thats what i thought...we aint scurred

Advertisement
Back