Syracuse message board

Their fans are delusional. They are talking like we have no chance to stop their offense. A bunch are saying they will put up over 40 points on us. I hope we curb stomp their ***. I just want to see us put a full game together on offense. Need to start fast and keep the pedal to the floor.

Didnt they lose to Midd Tenn State??? Yeah thats what i thought...we aint scurred

Lol thats what Clemson said . . .

Advertisement
A few of my friends from home think they CAN win but most think we win by 17+
Can’t wait to talk **** to the ones making the trip with me!

Cuse_vs_Miami_2017.png

Who cares? They are fans of their sh1tty team and sh1tty school and they've played great this year and are on the heels of overthrowing a top ranked team in a huge upset. I get that they're excited.

Played "great" this year? Have you seen their schedule? They're 4-3 with the upset of quarterback-less Clemson.

Outside of that, eked out a win over Pittsburgh and beat up on Central Michigan and Central CT State.

Losses came to LSU, North Carolina State and ... MIDDLE TENNESSEE.

How their fan base can be that confident over anything is pure delusion.

They had a defensive gameplan for Clemson and they executed it near perfectly. They knew Clemson was struggling with a lack of big plays and were relying (probably too much) on Kelly Bryant's ability to scramble for first downs to keep the chains moving. With Bryant hobbled they loaded up the box and dared Clemson's receivers to beat them over the top. Once Bryant got knocked out of the game, it was all downhill. They'll attempt the same thing against us. They'll load up to stop Homer and contain Rosier's scrambles but we're going to get a ton of man coverage. It's up to Richards, Langham, Berrios and company to get open. Miami's receivers have struggled beating man coverage with Richards (the most reliable deep threat) hurt. If Berrios and the bigger guys can work the slant, that will open up the field for Richards Harley and Thomas. The good news is, pretty much every team Miami has played so far has attempted this type of strategy so the offense knows what they'll be seeing. The bad news is, they've been inconsistent, especially in the first halves. Receivers need to get off jams faster and get better position on the short passes and Rosier needs to tighten up accuracy on those 5 yard and under routes.

Advertisement
We need to keep the ball away from that offense. This Syracuse team reminds me of Toledo, but with a much better defense and better athletes overall. As a reminder, we were trailing to freaking Toledo at halftime! Don't underestimate this team.

We should beat them by two scores. 27-17, something like that.

If we can come out firing this game, we can take their souls early.

But since we havent come out firing all year, they'll be hanging around by the half. Which sucks.

Advertisement

But since we havent come out firing all year, they'll be hanging around by the half. Which sucks.

I’ll take a win any we can get it. I would be disappointed though if we only score 27 points. I think we should score 35+

I don't see anything over the top. Actually seem pretty level headed IMO. Go look at the GT predictions on here last week. We are the delusional ones.. and if you point out facts, you are labeled a Nole.

Not just last week's predictions, but every game this year. We either have doom and gloom or over the top, irrational predictions. I've been a Canes fan for a long time and love the upward trend, but we're not quite elite yet. We have holes and have yet to put together a full game. We also seem to have problems against teams with quick release, passing offenses and Syracuse poses that challenge. I feel we win, but don't see a blowout.

Advertisement
Remember when Buster Douglas beat Tyson.....

Remember what happened to Buster next fight

AR catches those balls i woulda been right but he didnt-so props to you for you score prediction

Advertisement

AR catches those balls i woulda been right but he didnt-so props to you for you score prediction

Oh absolutely. This team drives me crazy, lol.

I don't see anything over the top. Actually seem pretty level headed IMO. Go look at the GT predictions on here last week. We are the delusional ones.. and if you point out facts, you are labeled a Nole.

Not just last week's predictions, but every game this year. We either have doom and gloom or over the top, irrational predictions. I've been a Canes fan for a long time and love the upward trend, but we're not quite elite yet. We have holes and have yet to put together a full game. We also seem to have problems against teams with quick release, passing offenses and Syracuse poses that challenge. I feel we win, but don't see a blowout.

NOLE! Lol. Nevermind being right.

Advertisement
Back