Syracuse message board

Advertisement
Probably the best pure test of where we stand. Toledo game was after we missed 3 weeks practice, Duke I think we might have been looking to FSU (still dominated), FSU is rivalry game so throw out records (and on road), GT we were banged up and maybe had post-orgasmic laziness after FSU. So now the season starts. Missing a couple guys, but that could be case at beginning of season after camp injuries, which always happen. No more hangover, timing, or fatigue excuses. We dominate Saturday, we dominate the rest of year. I feel like the team is ready burst Syracuse's bubble.

Advertisement
Their fans are delusional. They are talking like we have no chance to stop their offense. A bunch are saying they will put up over 40 points on us. I hope we curb stomp their ***. I just want to see us put a full game together on offense. Need to start fast and keep the pedal to the floor.

The problem is, Miami isn't a team to ' start fast ' and all that. Especially against average competition. hUh. Nevertheless this may be the game where Miami finally ' starts fast' and what not. dUh.

Ya hear that, brethren and sistren? We're not a team that starts fast...unless of course, we start fast. Duh.

wat

Ok, I went and read their board linked above. They are in general spot on talking about our team. WE are very good but not dominating people. Someone actually called the D-front 7 Bama/Clemson lite. Fair enough. They like all fans have hope. I would like to score early and often and take some of their heart out of the game.

Advertisement
Best as I can recall we've had this same thread every week, someone goes on an opponents board, where the other school's fans think (naturally) there going to win.
Why not just dismiss the preliminaries and post a weekly thread (Fill in the blank school message board) thinks they're going to beat us, and then let the outrage commence

These are probably the same jagoffs who were calling for Dino's head after he lost to MTSU a few weeks ago.

Do we have one quality win this year? All our opponents are **** and lucky. Yet we keep relying on comeback victories to be undefeated.

FSU is 25 in S&P+
GT is 27
Toledo is 47
Duke is 75

Not an elite win. But not a horrible list either.

Advertisement
They are really ****ed about their offense being compared to Toledo's.
Pro Football Focus had Toledo's QB as one of the Ten best in the country so far through 7 weeks, and Toledo's WR the second best in the country through 7 weeks. That's not exactly the most offensive comparison.

Pro Football Focus had Toledo's QB as one of the Ten best in the country so far through 7 weeks, and Toledo's WR the second best in the country through 7 weeks. That's not exactly the most offensive comparison.

Maybe they haven't seen Toledo and assume they suck? I don't know but I left the Toledo game very impressed with their offense in general and especially their quarterback. That dude could start pretty much anywhere in the country.

Maybe they haven't seen Toledo and assume they suck? I don't know but I left the Toledo game very impressed with their offense in general and especially their quarterback. That dude could start pretty much anywhere in the country.

They have the 26th ranked offense in the country. Now they have apparently lost that elite WR for the year with a broken leg. BUT, being compared offensively to a healthy Toledo offense is not a knock.

Advertisement
I would be a lot more worried about this game had we not played Toledo and stepped up big in the second half against that similar offenses and better qb

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I mean if they play as well as they did against Clemson and we come out flat we COULD lose. I don't think we will but it's possible sure. But they sure as **** aren't going to put up 40 something goes HORRIBLY wrong.

Advertisement
Back