Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live look at Mario Cristobal:

1704137820389.png

Advertisement
I am going to push back here. If development was a real issue, then why not Ohio State or FSU or even Auburn? I get the NIL the kid is betting on himself

Because they didn’t offer as much.

Miami’s offer was so far above market value that it made Miami the only real college option if you’re going to stay in college. And far above what he would make in the NFL.

But if you see Miami as actually hurting your long term NFL chances due to the development of QBs under Mario, then the short term gain isn’t worth it, and you just go right to the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s just not ready which I don’t know why people think true freshman All are ready. I would take him in a heartbeat, but I wouldn’t have expectations for next year.
I wouldn’t mind the take, but I would like some experience in front of him.

Advertisement
Going to let the process play out before making declarations like that. It's January 1st and we have no` idea what else is going to be out there. Agree with everything else you said though. Once FSU got involved, we couldn't risk him going there
Exactly. If Miami would have pulled out early, and Cam ultimately chose FSU because we had already moved on, this same dumbass fanbase would have lost their minds. This is the downside of relying on the portal for a QB, they have all the leverage, and a guy like Ward was smart enough to use it. I will say this, the narratives that Cam choosing to go pro over playing at Miami is an indictment of Mario is a bit odd. Maybe Cam is tired of college, and Mario, despite that had him basically coin flipping it, which would indicate that Mario did a **** of a sales job. That said, maybe Cam felt that one more year wasn't going to magically change his draft stock and decided to jump. No one knows what the deciding factor was, what we know is what was said.

Advertisement
I am going to push back here. If development was a real issue, then why not Ohio State or FSU or even Auburn? I get the NIL the kid is betting on himself
This will sound like copium it’s why I’ve hesitated to say it, but I thought when he first entered he would be signed sealed and delivered to OSU

All I can really say is hearing from some connected people there, they kicked the tires but were never really interested

That was really telling to me. Not suggesting we dodged a bullet or denying the kids talent, but us being one of his only aggressive options was really strange from the beginning

Pray Tulia gets a waiver, and I'm not even a huge fan of his
Me neither and I've yet to hear a single plausible rationale to get the waiver. It'd basically be the NCAA foregoing the one realm they have any power remaining in and seemingly still enjoy exercising that power. To give it up for Miami of all schools? Nah.

Exactly. Riley saw nothing in that kid to beg him to stay to actually want to develop him. Kids like a plan H at this point and that’s pushing it. Mario and Dawson **** sure aren’t developing him.
This. That's what I am saying. If Lincoln Riley, who has been to the playoff multiple times and has developed Heisman winning qbs, didn't try to keep him, why do we think we are getting this world class qb that can lead us to the playoff? High school star ratings doesn't mean anything if you are not developed at the college level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back