Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Malachi ain’t as ready or as good as advertised. This could get real bad, before it gets better.
He’s just not ready which I don’t know why people think true freshman All are ready. I would take him in a heartbeat, but I wouldn’t have expectations for next year.

Advertisement
I say this with a complete understanding of how underwhelming it would be; Pratt might not be horrible for us to at least win the games we should win

This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.
I am going to push back here. If development was a real issue, then why not Ohio State or FSU or even Auburn? I get the NIL the kid is betting on himself

Advertisement
Just have to enter in 2 days. That’s it. If you’re in you are in yoi don’t have to decide in two days
****, you are Correct! Have to enter. Not decide.

I’ll also add that the portal is not all about NIL especially at qb.

For p5 QB transfers, it’s all about nfl draft stock (yeah, NIL is a factor but not the factor).
absolutely

And an elite portal kid, especially a QB, is gonna get paid handsomely by someone regardless

They’re not going to go somewhere to potentially drop their draft status

Imagine a QB asking Mario what happened to TVD under Lashlee to what he looked like the last two years and trying to come up with an answer

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not opposed to bringing Malachi in, but to roll with an unproven QB in Year 3…I mean that’s alarming. Anyone spinning that is out of their minds.

Lincoln doesn’t just let good QBs walk out the door…unless he thinks Moss is substantially better.

Up the bag to Howard, or go get Seth Henigan or Fifita.

It’s desperate times, there’s no way around it. Mario cannot afford three straight basura seasons or recruiting will suffer.

Advertisement
What are the chances we end up with a worse option than TVD? lol
Confused Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

How can this be so poorly played? All of our folks are seasoned professionals yet we look like doofus U on this situation. Honestly, what the heck is going on. No one is this foolish. Waaaaaayyyyy too much money involved for us to endure this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back