Sweet 16!!

This debate cracks me up.

Its like saying you have to be a fan of nfl or nba team in your state. Or you are not a real fan.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2511909 said:
This debate cracks me up.

Its like saying you have to be a fan of nfl or nba team in your state. Or you are not a real fan.

No it's not, nothing alike . Apples to oranges

its more in line with rooting for two NBA or NFL teams

What's funny is most of the " fans of two colleges " are fans of historic basketball ball powerhouses.

So you grew up rooting for arguably one of the best college football program but also pull for one of the best college bball programs? It's almost like hedging your bets . It's so *** I can't put into words .

What's funny is most of the " fans of two colleges " are fans of historic basketball ball powerhouses.

So you grew up rooting for arguably one of the best college football program but also pull for one of the best college bball programs? It's almost like hedging your bets . It's so *** I can't put into words .

That i can understand. If you are a canes, Tarheel, cowboys, and lakes fan then yea you are probably a bandwagon fan.

But really what does it matter. There is no handbook on how to be a fan.

You cheer for another team against the canes in any sport then you are a cumstain and not a real canes fan. That's an indisputable fact.

Pretty easy and straightforward concept. You ain't a Cane or a Cane fan if you would root for any other program against UM in any sport.
Yup, like I tell most of my family that are die hard Ole Miss Fans..I'm a Ole Miss Fan as long as they're not playing Miami. BTW I never went to UM and I wasn't born in Miami but I go for UM in everything including our D3 hockey team because I grew up in a all canes household both my parents are legit UM fans so that most fans didn't go to UM and have a different college loyalty in other sports don't fly with me.

Last edited:
Advertisement

naaaaaah. I can see if you were changing teams when your main team became trash. Like when my bulls became doo doo when jordan left and then became a laker fan like mostly everyone. But if you are a fan of teams that are historically good, and you've been a fan for over 20 years of those same teams, then oh well, then you are a fan of dope teams. But if you a sissy and change at the first sign of looking like they will suck for a while, then i would agree.

naaaaaah. I can see if you were changing teams when your main team became trash. Like when my bulls became doo doo when jordan left and then became a laker fan like mostly everyone. But if you are a fan of teams that are historically good, and you've been a fan for over 20 years of those same teams, then oh well, then you are a fan of dope teams. But if you a sissy and change at the first sign of looking like they will suck for a while, then i would agree.

It's the point of being a fan of difffrect colleges in different sports . Majority of fans pull for a school , because they either grew up that way or went to school there . I just roll my eyes at the Miami football / Kentucky bball fan. It makes zero sense . They obviously are front runners , that wanted a football power to brag about during football then the same for bball .

If they only knew most people are laughing at them . Which is fine , whatever floats your boat . Just like its my right to view you as a fraud fan.

When Richt gets the football program humming again I'll have the best of one world. Great at three major programs

It's the point of being a fan of difffrect colleges in different sports . Majority of fans pull for a school , because they either grew up that way or went to school there . I just roll my eyes at the Miami football / Kentucky bball fan. It makes zero sense . They obviously are front runners , that wanted a football power to brag about during football then the same for bball .

If they only knew most people are laughing at them . Which is fine , whatever floats your boat . Just like its my right to view you as a fraud fan.

When Richt gets the football program humming again I'll have the best of one world. Great at three major programs

i get most of what you are saying expect for the fraud fan talk. Football team hasnt been good in over a decade, and we are all here, talking bout our love for the team, and it never wavered. Im sure all of us(the older ones) were still fans in 97 when they were really trash, and fans when we got slaughtered in the last game at the orange bowl. If you are a die hard for your team(all sports or 1 sport) i dont get the fraud part. I really doubt its most folks that are laughing, just the ones that feel like they are "real fans" cause they cheer for one school. But like u said, its your right......

i get most of what you are saying expect for the fraud fan talk. Football team hasnt been good in over a decade, and we are all here, talking bout our love for the team, and it never wavered. Im sure all of us(the older ones) were still fans in 97 when they were really trash, and fans when we got slaughtered in the last game at the orange bowl. If you are a die hard for your team(all sports or 1 sport) i dont get the fraud part. I really doubt its most folks that are laughing, just the ones that feel like they are "real fans" cause they cheer for one school. But like u said, its your right......

Well if you have friends or family that are fans it's hard to switch teams , that's the only thing gayer than being a fan of multiple colleges . That immediately loses credibility amongst your crew. So I can't give props for staying a UM fan while we've been down.

But people will justify it no matter what , whatever helps them sleep at night . If you wear another colleges gear and pull for them against um at any sport you're not a true fan . Sorry, I think majority of any fan base would view you that way .

Advertisement
Now I get if you graduated from say Unc Ashville , they're making a run and you want to rep that . It's your alma matre, but once they meet UM it should be " Go Canes"!!

I have no problem with people who root for another bball power.

But don't get mad when I call you a bandwagoner, cause that is exactly what you are.

But don't get mad when I call you a bandwagoner, cause that is exactly what you are.

This fan base was built on the backs of bandwagon fans. I'd bet half this board didn't got to Miami or even grow up in the area. Something made them a fan though and that's good enough for me.

Still laughing at people acting as if there's a checklist for being a fan of anything.

This reminds me of a couple of my friends in HS.

Fan a was gator fan , fan b was a gator football and Duke bball fan.

Now why do you suppose the one was a Duke fan? Because they were a power, why do you suppose he was a gator football fan? They were a power. This is when gator bball was an average program, pre Billy D. They would sneak up every decade and have a good team , but were average for the most part . I mean that's no fun in March right ?

My perception is fan a is a " real uf fan " hence a better fan . That's how majority of people see it.

It's somebody's prerogative who they pull for , i'm just letting you know what people think when you're repping your UK bball shirt today ,then the " we invented swag " shirt the next .

Last edited:
Advertisement

This fan base was built on the backs of bandwagon fans. I'd bet half this board didn't got to Miami or even grow up in the area. Something made them a fan though and that's good enough for me.

Still laughing at people acting as if there's a checklist for being a fan of anything.

Once again, whatever helps you sleep. It's your right , and it's my right to say it's *** as ****.

Agree to disagree

Cribby, not a soul on here or any sport affects my sleep.

Get back to talking about recruits or football, I generally agree with you there.

Once again, whatever helps you sleep. It's your right , and it's my right to say it's *** as ****.

Agree to disagree

agree to disagree....thats exactly what it is.

Advertisement

Doubling down on the f*ckery not a good look.

You will root for another team in the NCAA's if they meet Miami in this year's tournament because, as you've said, that's your basketball team. This places you at an elite level douchebaggery it also means you're not a fan. You root against Miami, you're not a fan. Fact.

Again, it's a good thing being a cane's fan, it's just not being a cane. It is a cane thing. Obviously many on this board do not understand.

Its real simple smh you root against the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI in any sport you aren't a fan smh, no way of justifying the fact that you want the U to lose..no way

So then by this you're kind of saying that people like me, who aren't from Miami or the area and didn't attend Miami are bandwagon fans? Cool, didn't know I had to do one or the other. Considering being from north of the border, this is the only team that's ever had my allegiance in the NCAA. Being surrounded by fans of Notre Dame, Michigan, Syracuse, one of my best friends is all FSU ( I don't know he must not have been loved enough). This school is always been what's right by me. I always dreamed of going to Miami, playing there, and knowing it wouldn't happen didn't deter me from The U.

**** the first memory I have of watching college football was the 2002 National Championship. But that's not why I love Miami, I was brought to Miami as an infant and my grandfather bought me some Miami pj's shortly before he passed. As I got older I saw the logo more and it was just like yup that's my school, that's my team.

Advertisement
Back