Sweet 16!!

Born in Coral Gables, but grew up in Texas. Have never cheered for any Texas team, ever. Have never cheered for any other team in any other sport, unless it's Miami. It's Canes or nothing at all. Almost got beat-up by 25 angry Texas fans when the Canes wrecked the Longhorns in the Cotton Bowl.

Nearly got run over by a band-wagon FSU ****er one day while crossing the street wearing my U-Gear.

I don't even cheer for teams who play against teams I truly despise (Notre Dame, The Gaytors, Blowhio-State).

If it's not Miami, then IDGAF.

Advertisement
Because it's not a pro team. It's the UNIVERSITY of Miami. It's an athletic department, and an athletic program. You don't choose one form column A, one from column B, one from column C. Miami has all those sports, so you root for Miami in all of those sports.

Exactly .

You all must be speaking for yourselves then, which is ok. Could care less about an athletic department. I only care about the football program since they beat the **** out of notre dame in 85. Their basketball team wasnt good then, or was even on the tv out here on the west coast. I don't hate on the basketball team at all, only time i cheer against them is when they play the heels. Just like i could give a **** about unc's football team(which i cant stand now due to the ***** that mocked the U last year).

No, we're living in reality. The University of Miami is not a ******* football team. I went to every basketball game the year Miami was 0-18 in the Big East. Why? Because I'm a fan of the program. I grew up at the Light, in the OB and at the Knight Center/Miami Arena. Do whatever you want, but you're going to get called on it, and you should.

Naaaah. That's u and a couple other folks..... It's not bandwagon when that's ur first and only team(not school) but team you ever cheered for. Loo up definition of Bandwagon.

Couple other folks my ***

Exactly .

You all must be speaking for yourselves then, which is ok. Could care less about an athletic department. I only care about the football program since they beat the **** out of notre dame in 85. Their basketball team wasnt good then, or was even on the tv out here on the west coast. I don't hate on the basketball team at all, only time i cheer against them is when they play the heels. Just like i could give a **** about unc's football team(which i cant stand now due to the ***** that mocked the U last year).

No, we're living in reality. The University of Miami is not a ******* football team. I went to every basketball game the year Miami was 0-18 in the Big East. Why? Because I'm a fan of the program. I grew up at the Light, in the OB and at the Knight Center/Miami Arena. Do whatever you want, but you're going to get called on it, and you should.

Naaaah. That's u and a couple other folks..... It's not bandwagon when that's ur first and only team(not school) but team you ever cheered for. Loo up definition of Bandwagon.

Vast majority of the civilized world = "couple other folks"

Yall do realize that all canes football fans aren't from Miami or Florida, or went to the university .... So who gives a **** who they cheer for in basketball.

Because it's not a pro team. It's the UNIVERSITY of Miami. It's an athletic department, and an athletic program. You don't choose one form column A, one from column B, one from column C. Miami has all those sports, so you root for Miami in all of those sports.

Exactly .

No, we're living in reality. The University of Miami is not a ****ing football team. I went to every basketball game the year Miami was 0-18 in the Big East. Why? Because I'm a fan of the program. I grew up at the Light, in the OB and at the Knight Center/Miami Arena. Do whatever you want, but you're going to get called on it, and you should.

so you dont like that people are happy about miami basketball winning

i will be the first to admit that im not a huge miami basketball homer, but im not a huge college basketball fan

much like many of the other posters on here, i am more of a football fan than a basketball fan, does that mean i cannot be happy about our team winning?

EMBRACE that miami basketball is awesome, do not exile your fellow fans because they are starting to become more interested in miami basketball, the more the merrier stack the bandwaggon until the wheels fall off

that is my philosophy

who cares if someone just started following after larranaga took over

Yall do realize that all canes football fans aren't from Miami or Florida, or went to the university .... So who gives a **** who they cheer for in basketball.

If Miami is not in the baseball, basketball, etc. playoffs I have no interest and usually do not watch. I do, however, watch football playoffs as I like football better than any other sport. Don't care enough to root for any team other than Miami

Advertisement
Crossover22, you nailed it. If, after a decade of being horrible, you are still a cane fan, then you are indeed a "REAL" fan of the U. It sure hasn't been easy these past few years..

Vast majority of the civilized world = "couple other folks"

Vast majority doesn't mean majority on this site.

Crossover22, you nailed it. If, after a decade of being horrible, you are still a cane fan, then you are indeed a "REAL" fan of the U. It sure hasn't been easy these past few years..

EXACTLY. If we werent true canes fans we would have left long ago.

Wake forest has won a acc championship. Its been that bad for miami. Yet we have stuck around. I really dont care for college basketball. Miami football is and always will be my first love.

Exactly .

No, we're living in reality. The University of Miami is not a ****ing football team. I went to every basketball game the year Miami was 0-18 in the Big East. Why? Because I'm a fan of the program. I grew up at the Light, in the OB and at the Knight Center/Miami Arena. Do whatever you want, but you're going to get called on it, and you should.

so you dont like that people are happy about miami basketball winning

i will be the first to admit that im not a huge miami basketball homer, but im not a huge college basketball fan

much like many of the other posters on here, i am more of a football fan than a basketball fan, does that mean i cannot be happy about our team winning?

EMBRACE that miami basketball is awesome, do not exile your fellow fans because they are starting to become more interested in miami basketball, the more the merrier stack the bandwaggon until the wheels fall off

that is my philosophy

who cares if someone just started following after larranaga took over

Huh? Not what I'm saying. I don't care if you're not a basketball homer, I care if you like college basketball, but UM is not your first team. I have no idea how you can be a Miami football fan and a Duke basketball fan or a Kentucky basketball fan (unless you went to Duke). Miami is an athletic program, not a team. Just like Duke, just like UK. You don't pick one here, and one there, and another school over there for a 3rd sport.

Advertisement
If you root against Miami in any sport you aren't a Cane. Crossover, INCanefan, JerzeyHeel, Cane305, and anyone else are just Miami football fans. Instead of trying to defend your sports fan douchebaggery, just embrace it and carry on.

I remember pulling for other college basketball teams before UM put a team back on the court back in the mid-80s. I liked the old Big East matchups between St. Johns and Georgetown. The Villanova run to the title. Providence making it to the Final 4. After the Canes came back around I was all in on them. I'm a Cane fan first.

I remember pulling for other college basketball teams before UM put a team back on the court back in the mid-80s. I liked the old Big East matchups between St. Johns and Georgetown. The Villanova run to the title. Providence making it to the Final 4. After the Canes came back around I was all in on them. I'm a Cane fan first.

I came in on the Kenny Smith, Brad Daugherty days. Miami had no basketball. I'm a Tar Heel basketball fan. But let Miami play UNC on the hardwood. See who I pull for. Love watching the Canes beat Heels in any sport. Including Basketball. But if Miami out, still like to see Heels basketball win.

I'm wearing my Canes gear right now in Louisville (born and raised). Let me know if anyone is heading in town this week. I know some great dining/lodging spots around town if you guys need advice about local spots. Im bringing my 9 year old son to Miami this Fall for our first football game and I will need some advice about local Miami spots.

Advertisement
I'm wearing my Canes gear right now in Louisville (born and raised). Let me know if anyone is heading in town this week. I know some great dining/lodging spots around town if you guys need advice about local spots. Im bringing my 9 year old son to Miami this Fall for our first football game and I will need some advice about local Miami spots.

I'm going, as are some other folks. We're talking about it here on the basketball board. Please feel free to drop in and give us some advice....

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/im-seriously-thinking-sweet-16-a/97984

A decade of being horrible ROTFLMAO we haven't been terrible. Terrible is the decade of the 70's when we won 41 games in ten years. That was the decade that tested real fandom not the last decade You people need a reality check.

Advertisement
Back