Surtain Sr. on Joe Rose 2/8

Advertisement
If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

Would you want your kid coached by Saban or Rumph?

I’d want my kid to make a lifetime decision, not a decision for the next three years of what could be a long life. If the kid wants to be a local hero and have every door open to him in South Florida when he’s done, then he should go to UM. If he doesn’t have any aspirations of returning to South Florida after he’s done then go wherever the fck you want.

No matter where he goes, the nfl will find him if he’s as talented as everyone thinks. UM used to put more guys in the league than anyone when we were signing the best players.

All this mythology about Sabag or Fart having some magic touch developing players is nonsense. They get guys to the nfl because they sign the top class every year. Sabag wasn’t littering the NFL with first rounders when he coached at Toledo or Michigan State.

Critical fans should be punched in the face, LMAO. Any UM position coach that loses on his top 2 targets, in the state of Miami 3 years straight, is in fact a horrible recruiter. I give Diaz just as much blame here. Nobody on Golden's staff missed their top 2 targets 3 years straight. That's how bad this has been. Thank God the 18 CB class was loaded with numbers or we'd be completely FUBARED.

Golden never bothered to go after guys of this caliber.

Sure would have been nice to have offered Samuels Jr (who actually wanted to play for the U) instead of betting on the AH CBs.

Diaz didn't want anymore small DBs.

giphy (16).jpg

If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

I’d want my kid to make a lifetime decision, not a decision for the next three years of what could be a long life. If the kid wants to be a local hero and have every door open to him in South Florida when he’s done, then he should go to UM. If he doesn’t have any aspirations of returning to South Florida after he’s done then go wherever the fck you want.

No matter where he goes, the nfl will find him if he’s as talented as everyone thinks. UM used to put more guys in the league than anyone when we were signing the best players.

All this mythology about Sabag or Fart having some magic touch developing players is nonsense. They get guys to the nfl because they sign the top class every year. Sabag wasn’t littering the NFL with first rounders when he coached at Toledo or Michigan State.

I mean, Artie Burns played for Al Golden/Larry Scott and was a 1st round pick by a legendary NFL defensive team. I agree there.

On the bold part though, South FL doesn't shut down for these kids when they head out of town. As long they're successful they're revered. Dalvin C0ckb@g is a local hero, propped up by just about anyone as a "business decision".

Advertisement
If surtains think Alabama is better. Isn’t it rumph job to convince them otherwise?

Yeah why couldn’t he just explain why we’re better than the team Surtain watched hold the national championship trophy three weeks ago?

Lmao these fools are so stupid all u can do is laugh

You guys are soft. I convince people everyday to sign up millions with me. When there are better options. But, woe is me. I’ll just sit home and keep saying I can never compete.
No. Get out and hustle and tell them what you can do better. If it’s personal relationship work off that., something different because what he did didn’t work.

Yeah you sound like a guy that has people lining up to “sign up millions”

If surtains think Alabama is better. Isn’t it rumph job to convince them otherwise?

Yeah why couldn’t he just explain why we’re better than the team Surtain watched hold the national championship trophy three weeks ago?

Lmao these fools are so stupid all u can do is laugh

You guys are soft. I convince people everyday to sign up millions with me. When there are better options. But, woe is me. I’ll just sit home and keep saying I can never compete.
No. Get out and hustle and tell them what you can do better. If it’s personal relationship work off that., something different because what he did didn’t work.

Yeah you sound like a guy that has people lining up to “sign up millions”

For the record, we had them visit right before signing day which is what you want as a recruiter

But Surtain himself said he chose Bama because “they win championships”
No recruiting pitch needed.

I am going to have to imagine their miss rate for what tallent they are buying is pretty high. Don't think they are developing anything, just get the highest talent and if some of it happens to shake itself into an NFL player then its a byproduct.

Why are people blaming his dad? His son actually handled his recruitment well, didn’t play games and picked the school he wanted. It was our staff that failed to convince him. Blame them not the kid or the dad both of whom handled the recruiting process very well.

Advertisement
Sure would have been nice to have offered Samuels Jr (who actually wanted to play for the U) instead of betting on the AH CBs.

So we take bethel instead who is like an inch taller and couldn't sniff Samuels jockstrap. Okay.

Besides shouldn't Manny worry more about his LB who can't cover the middle of the field.

I remember the old Jimmy Johnson commercial when Doc Leebo would say winners go with winners.... we lost a recruit to Nick Saban and the best Football program of the decade

We aren't losing 5* kids to Uf or Fsu ...Nick Saban has Bama where we were and where we are on our way back

Everyone said Butch couldn't recruit until he and his coaching staff took kids and polished them into diamonds

If star Rankings weren't about subscriptions and clicks we'd have at least 5 in this 2018 class alone

We win 11 games next year and possibly find a way to beat Clemson and we will be the winners Doc Leebo talked about simple as that

Why are people blaming his dad? His son actually handled his recruitment well, didn’t play games and picked the school he wanted. It was our staff that failed to convince him. Blame them not the kid or the dad both of whom handled the recruiting process very well.

I don't really give a fck how they handled the recruitment. Is it better that they were quiet? Yeah sure, but, in the end, if you don't sign with this U and decide to go to TooKKKaloo or some other godforsaken KKK hellhole, then fck you. And you should stay there when you're done playing.

Advertisement

This. It's all bull**** spin. Winners get it done. Hartley got it done. Losers talk about Saban and bags and "can't force these kids".

I don't really give a fck how they handled the recruitment. Is it better that they were quiet? Yeah sure, but, in the end, if you don't sign with this U and decide to go to TooKKKaloo or some other godforsaken KKK hellhole, then fck you. And you should stay there when you're done playing.

At the end of the day, sure he didn't troll us, but him and Ty being so quiet hurt us. If we really finished third and were basically not in the race it would of been much better if they were loud and told us we were not in it. By them taking visits and showing up to games and practices you would think we were at least a possibility. We focused our efforts on them when we could of focused it on Samuels.

But then again we would hate them even more if they didn't even visit. But who knows how the recruiting landscape would of changed for us.

So we take bethel instead who is like an inch taller and couldn't sniff Samuels jockstrap. Okay.

Besides shouldn't Manny worry more about his LB who can't cover the middle of the field.

Samuel is 5'8 and bethel is 6'0-6'1.

Advertisement

This. It's all bull**** spin. Winners get it done. Hartley got it done. Losers talk about Saban and bags and "can't force these kids".

Yep. These guys think recruiting is just saying, "hey, we're offering you a scholarship so come here if you want to." Fcking nonsense.

Yep. These guys think recruiting is just saying, "hey, we're offering you a scholarship so come here if you want to." Fcking nonsense.

Everybody knows its not that. The guys you are recruiting has to have interest in coming here. Looking back at it now campbell has been planning his escape for a while. He didn't show up to paradise camp but then later that day he went to fiu where saban and meyer was. He rarely was on campus and was trying to distance himself from miami.

His son didnt want to play for miami. Look at where he went. He took what seems to be the easy road.

We may not like it that he chose bama over our beloved Miami, but I don't think any knowledgeable person can say that playing under Saban at alabama is "the easy road."

Based on history he is guaranteed to win a championship in his time at bama and possibly be a 1st round pick. Much easier than going to miami who is trying to build towards being a championship team.

So going to Alabama is the easier path than coming to Miami???

Jesus F-ing Christ you guys have gone nuts. You guys will say anything to soften the blow.

I guess when we were the top dogs in college football our recruits picked us bexause it was the easier road. Even if you then try and follow that up with your non-sensical bull**** how you "meant this instead" it's still bull****.

What would your problem be for those who signed with us? Weren't they then taking the "easy" road? You giving them **** for that?

Such a flimsy argument and you should probable decide a new one.

Diaz is right in that was part of our problem this year. We weren't very physical at the position so we had to run a bunch of his gimmicky *** defense. Our corners couldn't stick people at the line as today's receivers are big and physical.

Advertisement
Back