Surtain Sr. on Joe Rose 2/8

Sure would have been nice to have offered Samuels Jr (who actually wanted to play for the U) instead of betting on the AH CBs.

Diaz didn't want anymore small DBs.

Diaz is right in that was part of our problem this year. We weren't very physical at the position so we had to run a bunch of his gimmicky *** defense. Our corners couldn't stick people at the line as today's receivers are big and physical.

Even bandy got picked on the last couple of games so yeah I kind of agree we need to move away from smaller corners in general.

Advertisement
If we play anything other than bump and run with how big our corners are we are doing ourselves a disservice this season. Don't think any really have the hips to play off coverage maybe Ivey. But we should play bump and run a lot!

Yeah why couldn’t he just explain why we’re better than the team Surtain watched hold the national championship trophy three weeks ago?

Lmao these fools are so stupid all u can do is laugh

You guys are soft. I convince people everyday to sign up millions with me. When there are better options. But, woe is me. I’ll just sit home and keep saying I can never compete.
No. Get out and hustle and tell them what you can do better. If it’s personal relationship work off that., something different because what he did didn’t work.

Yeah you sound like a guy that has people lining up to “sign up millions”

For the record, we had them visit right before signing day which is what you want as a recruiter

But Surtain himself said he chose Bama because “they win championships”
No recruiting pitch needed.

So for the record. We can’t beat Bama for recruits that wants to win championships, am I right? Remind me why we can’t beat Georgia again? It is just a bad look for rumph these kids coach in high school. Had relationship with them for years and you can’t sell that?

If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

Would you want your kid coached by Saban or Rumph?

I’d want my kid to make a lifetime decision, not a decision for the next three years of what could be a long life. If the kid wants to be a local hero and have every door open to him in South Florida when he’s done, then he should go to UM. If he doesn’t have any aspirations of returning to South Florida after he’s done then go wherever the fck you want.

No matter where he goes, the nfl will find him if he’s as talented as everyone thinks. UM used to put more guys in the league than anyone when we were signing the best players.

All this mythology about Sabag or Fart having some magic touch developing players is nonsense. They get guys to the nfl because they sign the top class every year. Sabag wasn’t littering the NFL with first rounders when he coached at Toledo or Michigan State.

You are assuming that these kids have some attachment to UM.

Advertisement
Lmao these fools are so stupid all u can do is laugh

You guys are soft. I convince people everyday to sign up millions with me. When there are better options. But, woe is me. I’ll just sit home and keep saying I can never compete.
No. Get out and hustle and tell them what you can do better. If it’s personal relationship work off that., something different because what he did didn’t work.

For the record, we had them visit right before signing day which is what you want as a recruiter

So for the record. We can’t beat Bama for recruits that wants to win championships, am I right? Remind me why we can’t beat Georgia again? It is just a bad look for rumph these kids coach in high school. Had relationship with them for years and you can’t sell that?

Bama selling winning championships and going 1st round and miami is selling staying at home and i knew you since you was a kid. Which one you think most recruits going to pick?

If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

Would you want your kid coached by Saban or Rumph?

I’d want my kid to make a lifetime decision, not a decision for the next three years of what could be a long life. If the kid wants to be a local hero and have every door open to him in South Florida when he’s done, then he should go to UM. If he doesn’t have any aspirations of returning to South Florida after he’s done then go wherever the fck you want.

No matter where he goes, the nfl will find him if he’s as talented as everyone thinks. UM used to put more guys in the league than anyone when we were signing the best players.

All this mythology about Sabag or Fart having some magic touch developing players is nonsense. They get guys to the nfl because they sign the top class every year. Sabag wasn’t littering the NFL with first rounders when he coached at Toledo or Michigan State.

You are assuming that these kids have some attachment to UM.

Ok

Surtain is a good dude and at no point did he handle his kid's recruitment like an ***. His son not coming here is a reflection on our staff's inability to pull off a major recruiting coup not a reflection of his or his son's character.

assuming what you say is correct, and assuming that i agree with you, i STILL say: fack him forever. that family is dead to me and should be to all 'cane fans

Bama selling winning championships and going 1st round and miami is selling staying at home and i knew you since you was a kid. Which one you think most recruits going to pick?

I get it but Hopefully people who make decisions for UM don’t think this way. There is plenty to sell including ships. We are close, or do they even believe what they are selling.

Advertisement
anyone talking **** about Pat Surtain Sr., i suggest you go to his face and tell him that. you know where he lives and where he works. it is his kid and his first allegiance is to HIS KID, not to UM, Rumph, AH or anyone else. f@cking Madden generation.

having said that, in my opinion, after watching Mr and Mrs Surtain's faces at the time of announcement, they both were not happy with PS Jr.'s decision, but i am pretty sure they love and support their kid's decision.

anyone talking **** about Pat Surtain Sr., i suggest you go to his face and tell him that. you know where he lives and where he works. it is his kid and his first allegiance is to HIS KID, not to UM, Rumph, AH or anyone else. f@cking Madden generation.

having said that, in my opinion, after watching Mr and Mrs Surtain's faces at the time of announcement, they both were not happy with PS Jr.'s decision, but i am pretty sure they love and support their kid's decision.

Yeah I thought That as well

Advertisement

So he told the coaches on Tuesday, but his mom and dad just found out when he announced? That was a genuine look like they didn't know where he was choosing?

Let's keep it real we got real canes that want to fight and bleed orange/green. That's all that matters and let's support these studs that want to represent the U!!

Advertisement

No one is afraid of Pats 40 year old ***.

I’m talking about the look of his parents, I’m sure they knew ahead of time but still

I’m talking about the look of his parents, I’m sure they knew ahead of time but still

I agree with you there. They may not have known, but you know PS was in PS2s ear telling him go to LSU or Bama. They probably are surprised he didnt pick LSU. His mom was prob surprised he didnt pick Miami. She's gonna miss her baby.

I think we were dead and the two corners were laughing at us the whole way...BUT I do think we gained some ground with Surtain as signing day approached and at least gave him something to think about.

Advertisement
Back