Surtain Sr. on Joe Rose 2/8

Advertisement
Critical fans should be punched in the face, LMAO. Any UM position coach that loses on his top 2 targets, in the state of Miami 3 years straight, is in fact a horrible recruiter. I give Diaz just as much blame here. Nobody on Golden's staff missed their top 2 targets 3 years straight. That's how bad this has been. Thank God the 18 CB class was loaded with numbers or we'd be completely FUBARED.

Was Surtain in our top 2 targets? I’m not sure we even focused on him early while it was clear he was LSU or Bama. I don’t remember hearing about him being a primary focused until we signed 19 other players

If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

Bingo. I call horse****. Either say he isn't good enough to coach my son up, or Saban offered "US" something we couldn't pass up.

UM

This is just stupid. What do you think that Saban could offer a guy who made millions playing in the NFL? Both Campbell and Surtain made the decision that they were better off being coached by Georgia and Alabama, rather than Rumph, and you can’t really argue with that decision.

Surtain said he chose Bama because they win championships. Simple. It had nothing to do with recruiters on either side. Since middle school he’s watched Bama win championships

I don't know why going to Alabama and playing for their sadistic HC is considered the easy way out, but whatever floats your boats.

The guy basically put a diaper on Jalen Hurts on national TV without hesitation. He was 22-2 as a starter. 99% of coaches don't make that move. It's cut throat.

Advertisement
I don't know why going to Alabama and playing for their sadistic HC is considered the easy way out, but whatever floats your boats.

The guy basically put a diaper on Jalen Hurts on national TV without hesitation. He was 22-2 as a starter. 99% of coaches don't make that move. It's cut throat.

Maybe 98% don't make that move bc Richt did do that to a quarterback that was 11-0 against Pittsburgh this year in the 4th quarter.

Either way, nothing easy about Alabama. That's run like it's an NFL team. You don't produce you are gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
all of you guys are busy shunning the surtains, and i'm here laughing that jobe is going to ride the pine behind him for the next 3 years.

Good point by am1640.
We signed a great db class outside of those 2 and didn’t miss on any db, save those 2. And rumph is developing and coaching up dbs. Wasn’t hired for those 2.

And silvera isn’t starting day 1. Maybe if he arrived in Jan, but, doubtful arriving in summer.

We missed out on Jobe, Wilson, Samuel, Troutman as well as Surtain and Campbell. Out of our targets Ivey is the only true proven cover corner.

Surtain is a good dude and at no point did he handle his kid's recruitment like an ***. His son not coming here is a reflection on our staff's inability to pull off a major recruiting coup not a reflection of his or his son's character.

How exactly?? If the kid doesn't want to come, we can't force him to. I'm sure Rumph did all the selling he can do, but what else can he do if kid rather go to the defending CFB champs, who by the way lose some critical starters in the secondary opening the way to get early playing time. I get it, I don't like it either, but I get it

If surtains think Alabama is better. Isn’t it rumph job to convince them otherwise?

Yeah why couldn’t he just explain why we’re better than the team Surtain watched hold the national championship trophy three weeks ago?

That's right. Going head to head with Bama ain't easy when you can't say you've consistently competed for a chip in the last 7-8 years straight and have a DB coach (who's also the head coach) that puts a lot of guys into the league.

The kids we've beat head-to-head on bama are just cut from a different cloth when it comes to staying home - too bad they're not all 4/5 stars.

Advertisement
This thread is just funny. Surtain isn't a bad dude and his son didn't troll us like Jobe did or handle his recruitment in a bad way. We alsondidn't really recruit Surtain nearly as hard as other schools did.

If your going to be upset, it should be over Campbell. Nobody recruited Tyson harder than Miami. His announcement and holding his head in shame said it all, the kid and his family took the money. Georgia came in with six figures for Tyson and his parents, and sham jobs for his sisters. That kid can fvck off. At least with Surtain it was a football decision, Tyson just followed the money

If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

He's being nice, he doesn't respect Rumph's coaching ability. Humans always reveal themselves. Like I said months before re Tyson, because of his relationships with Miami, he wanted to give the impression that he gave them every chance when he knew all along he was going to Georgia. Georgia's entire DB class from SoFl. I feel just as good from a skill set/size standpoint with Ivey and Frierson than AH2. I wanted to stack chips. That said we must close on our 2019 DB class- Stevenson, Sanguinetti, Richards and Davis. There could be others, but that will keep us on equal footing with any teams DB roster.

If surtains think Alabama is better. Isn’t it rumph job to convince them otherwise?

Yeah why couldn’t he just explain why we’re better than the team Surtain watched hold the national championship trophy three weeks ago?

Lmao these fools are so stupid all u can do is laugh

You guys are soft. I convince people everyday to sign up millions with me. When there are better options. But, woe is me. I’ll just sit home and keep saying I can never compete.
No. Get out and hustle and tell them what you can do better. If it’s personal relationship work off that., something different because what he did didn’t work.

Advertisement
How is bama easy road? They have a stacked depth chart

Because kid said out of his own mouth he wants to continue winning championship's like he does at Heritage and Bama wins championship. He's 100% front runner I guess because him and his pappy had the sorriest team at PPO when he was the alpha. that him and his pappy fell in love with how easy it is to win on an established and stacked team that he doesn't want to have to actually work and build something. Fk that front runner beta.

This dude dropped the gloves and the stick, grabbed a handful of Surtain’s sweater and just started jackhammering with the right hand.

This thread is just funny. Surtain isn't a bad dude and his son didn't troll us like Jobe did or handle his recruitment in a bad way. We alsondidn't really recruit Surtain nearly as hard as other schools did.

If your going to be upset, it should be over Campbell. Nobody recruited Tyson harder than Miami. His announcement and holding his head in shame said it all, the kid and his family took the money. Georgia came in with six figures for Tyson and his parents, and sham jobs for his sisters. That kid can fvck off. At least with Surtain it was a football decision, Tyson just followed the money

Yeah surtain didn’t disrespect Miami not one bit throughout the whole process. He even admitted that we were not in his top schools because they weren’t recruiting him like that and didn’t start to turn up the heat until November or so. Furthermore he was always a lean to LSU which makes the pull by bama very impressive. So he’s not one of those south Florida recruits who sh*t on the hometeam all year. He was raised right by Surtain Sr. And his mother. Chatfield we offered late and it’s not a miss because they didn’t want him like that although we probably could have had yo if we offered in the spring. We gambled with that because silvera and Chatfield are close and i thought that could have affected him. The real miss at heritage is Campbell period. But that kid honestly has had his eyes set on leaving for quite sometime we just disregarded the signs. From him liking LSU and wanting to go there when miles was there, favoring Clemson, bama, osu(allegedly-probably was tbh), bama and now uga. Some kids just don’t want to play here. We got to handle our sh*t on the field and it starts with getting Alphas like nesta the most important recruit at that school for us

Last edited:
Sure would have been nice to have offered Samuels Jr (who actually wanted to play for the U) instead of betting on the AH CBs.

Advertisement
Back