Stock Down - Travis Homer

Advertisement
It would be a nice change to break one even if it's FIU and not a P5 team , I hate being harsh but I did drink so muck koolaide over the past 8 months that I may still seek recovery therapy .

Homer a great kid built like he's made to run and run tough , yes I'd take a long run for sure it may even help Homer , crappy OL doesn't help him much either but things seem to be improving up front with ACC schedule coming soon.

Sorry I'm still sipping koolaide sure taste good I like the feeling it gives me wanting the best for our Canes but don't tell intervention team.

GOCANES

Homer is a better version of Matt Breida who’s currently leading the league in rushing. He’s a one cut back who’d be great in a Kyle Shanahan system.

Advertisement
The big difference is Dallas spent all off season preparing for a RB role and put on 20lbs. Dallas has the power at 220 to break tackles. Homer is a one cut and go runner with elite speed. The game plan IMO is a little backwards considering the OL deficiencies. What we should be doing is pounding teams early with Dallas. Then giving Homer the ball more and more as the game goes on when the other team is tired. He's more likely to break off for the big gains in that scenario. Plus Dallas will be in early to get the critical 1st downs to set the tone of the game.

Homer is a better version of Matt Breida who’s currently leading the league in rushing. He’s a one cut back who’d be great in a Kyle Shanahan system.

Really interesting comparison. Breida might have a little more wiggle, but their testing numbers are very similar. I definitely think Shanahan's system would be perfect for him:

Matt Breida - 5'9, 195, 4.39 40, 4.34 shuttle, 42 inch VJ (Pro Day)
Travis Homer- 5'11, 200, 4.31 40, 4.06 shuttle, 37.5 inch VJ (Spring Testing)

The big difference is Dallas spent all off season preparing for a RB role and put on 20lbs. Dallas has the power at 220 to break tackles. Homer is a one cut and go runner with elite speed. The game plan IMO is a little backwards considering the OL deficiencies. What we should be doing is pounding teams early with Dallas. Then giving Homer the ball more and more as the game goes on when the other team is tired. He's more likely to break off for the big gains in that scenario. Plus Dallas will be in early to get the critical 1st downs to set the tone of the game.
Homer has good speed not elite.

Advertisement
Really interesting comparison. Breida might have a little more wiggle, but their testing numbers are very similar. I definitely think Shanahan's system would be perfect for him:

Matt Breida - 5'9, 195, 4.39 40, 4.34 shuttle, 42 inch VJ (Pro Day)
Travis Homer- 5'11, 200, 4.31 40, 4.06 shuttle, 37.5 inch VJ (Spring Testing)
Homer aint running no 4.31. The spring testing numbers was looking like VT.

Homer aint running no 4.31. The spring testing numbers was looking like VT.

To put it in perspective, Jeff Thomas ran 4.37.

In high school, Homer ran 4.48 (laser), 4.03 shuttle and 37.8 vertical jump. Fast guys often get faster in college (for example, Dorsett went from HS 4.43 to NFL 4.33).

Homer is a really good tester.

Advertisement

I completely agree. I said the same thing earlier in the thread but you probably missed it.

Regarding your earlier comment, Homer is the same guy he was last year so it shouldn't be a surprise when he has a big game or a string of them. The OL is improving as a unit even if the individual talent isn't up to par.

Chit, it's only THREE games and some Cane fan's are throwing NEGATIVE light Homer's way. :mad: I guess it is what it is.

I completely agree. I said the same thing earlier in the thread but you probably missed it.

Regarding your earlier comment, Homer is the same guy he was last year so it shouldn't be a surprise when he has a big game or a string of them. The OL is improving as a unit even if the individual talent isn't up to par.

Yeah, I missed your comment earlier. It's just time for Dallas to get more early touches. I highly doubt we're alone here. Homer will be fine.

Advertisement
I think that fumble in the LSU game is playing with his mind. He hasn't been the same since that fumble in week 1.

He did get slammed on his head there... He doesnt have very much wiggle, or patience... He hits the hole expecting there to be a crease, but there hasnt been one with this OL.

Love Homer for him being a Cane and his blue collar way of handling his buisness but TBH i think Linguard would pass him up being coming in early an DJ coming in being that do it all back! Question wasnt he commited already when staff came on? Homer is 200 pounds with no wiggle an we dont get much push on the O Line an hes not gonna run around anyone or make anyone miss he lives off long runs! Homer is nothing more than a 3rd down back! Walton went down last year an Choc and Burns were behind him both coming off injury an Dallas moved over. He was the only back we had last year! Linguard an Davis are everydown backs and yall will see the difference. Another case of coaches playing Seniority and not best talent!

Advertisement
Back