Stock Down - Travis Homer

Homer an NFL back? We got some dumb *** scouts on this site. Walton can't even sniff the field in the NFL, Duke gets 5 carries a game and you guys think Homer is an NFL back.

Advertisement
This thread is full of excuses. Homer hasn't produced this season. You can blame the line, but Dallas has found a way to be productive. Everyone talks about his lack of wiggle room, but his biggest problem is his lack of vision.

Homer an NFL back? We got some dumb *** scouts on this site. Walton can't even sniff the field in the NFL, Duke gets 5 carries a game and you guys think Homer is an NFL back.

THANK YOU!!! So many dumb homers on this site. It's the same people that thought McIntosh was a first round pick. Same people that thought Berrios would be a late first day or early second day draft pick. The same people that thought Treon Harris would get drafted late and stick with a team. The same people that thought Yearby was an NFL back. The same people that thought Walton and Chad would be 2nd round picks. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

He's not really playing that much different this year than last, he's just not getting as many carries. Last year, he would struggle for long periods of time until eventually breaking off a long run that would make his overall numbers look good despite being ineffective for a majority of the game. Much like a majority of our offense for the last 7 or 8 years, it was all or nothing.

Dallas does a better job of finding the crease and squeezing out 3 and 4 yard gains. Second and six is a lot easier for the offense than second and nine.

I really like the idea of using Dallas early to soften up the D and then hitting them with the 1-2 combo of Homer and Lingard to break their backs.

I think this is the answer. He’s always been feast or famine, he’s just not getting the opportunities to feast.

Dallas is more consistent with better vision , wiggle , patience and a more natural runner. He continually waits for a hole to open , or makes a move in the backfield to make something out of nothing. And he never goes down on first , lots of times second contact.

If you make a big hole Homer can hit it hard and go the distance, if there’s not a good hole or one right in front of him he’s just average. He misses holes pretty regularly if they aren’t right in front of him.

That’s scouting report is exactly what I said about Homer earlier today. He’s a fast tough guy who can house it given a good clean lane. But he doesn’t make yards on his own like Dallas.

Dallas is the better RB on this particular team where we need a guy who can make his own yards. He’s not the homerun hitter that Homer is, but he’s the more effective RB for us right now.

Advertisement
Week 3 Prospect Stock Market: Sell Big On Stidham - The Draft Network

Hard to disagree with anything he said. Homer has average traits and is running like a JAG this year. Meanwhile Dallas is consistently exploding through holes, making guys miss and finishing runs - with plus traits in the passing game. He looks like a 1st round bellcow back who deserves most of the touches. This situation is one to monitor entering conference play.

DJ definately deserves the reps. Homer is really showing that he needs lanes to be effective. DJ is making things happen even without clear lanes. The only thing really holding DJ back is his lack of speed. He just doesn’t have the breakaway speed you want to see in a feature back, but he is effective .

That’s scouting report is exactly what I said about Homer earlier today. He’s a fast tough guy who can house it given a good clean lane. But he doesn’t make yards on his own like Dallas.

Dallas is the better RB on this particular team where we need a guy who can make his own yards. He’s not the homerun hitter that Homer is, but he’s the more effective RB for us right now.
Watch how Dallas has a hand on the back of his lead blocker as he tip-toes through the line rather than running up his back? That's how it's supposed to be done. We call it vision, but sometimes it's feel. He feels his lead engage one direction and runs right off his hip.

THANK YOU!!! So many dumb homers on this site. It's the same people that thought McIntosh was a first round pick. Same people that thought Berrios would be a late first day or early second day draft pick. The same people that thought Treon Harris would get drafted late and stick with a team. The same people that thought Yearby was an NFL back. The same people that thought Walton and Chad would be 2nd round picks. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Homer's a good back. But people need to pump the brakes a little. Homer needs to come back his senior year because he could improve his stock.

Yearby wasn't as good as Homer not as mature, too much ego for special teams, he had an issue with being 2nd in a rb rotation??... two different players. Yearby wouldve stayed until his Senior year and still been out of the league by now.

Homer's talent is NFL ready, fast and physical... he needs work on his vision and patience but there is room for a rb with his level of talent in the NFL in some capacity, especially on special teams to start. I would be happy if he stayed but there would be no drop off if he left.

This is a good point. His special teams ability could land him in the league somewhere.

Advertisement
I don’t know Homer is too heavy, dealing with an injury or what but he doesn’t look like the explosive RB from last season.

It is what it is.

I agree about Homer, but Walton may get the start this week.

Advertisement
He’s not having the season I expected Him to have, **** it man lol

He comes back for his senior year. We take 1 RB in ‘19 with MAR as the wildcard and swing for 2 in 2020 where there are more elite prospects we actually have a shot with.

Still too early. Easy. He'd run better if we could zone block worth a ****. He's not a wiggle guy, as you mentioned.

Also, while I love what Deejay brings, 1st round seems like a stretch.
you didnt know that all our guys are first round, especially when they go for 107 against Toledo

Everyone saying he needs to stay another along with a few other players makes me think that if guys like shaq, pick, Joe Jack, Richards, Homer all stay next year Miami would be really good

Advertisement
Homer is a great player and one of the best overall players on this team, between his running and special teams play.

Advertisement
Back