Stock Down - Travis Homer

Advertisement
He'll look a lot better with Perry starting. Defenses might have to worry about the passing game now.

Homer needs to keep his head up and not be so quick to put his head down looking for contact when he gets to the second level... He needs to spend some time with Duke. I'm flat out being honest here...!!! Mike James spent time learning from Duke and he upgraded his game in this area. Hence, he had a stellar senior year and got rewarded with an NFL career...

Homer needs to keep his head up and not be so quick to put his head down looking for contact when he gets to the second level... He needs to spend some time with Duke. I'm flat out being honest here...!!! Mike James spent time learning from Duke and he upgraded his game in this area. Hence, he had a stellar senior year and got rewarded with an NFL career...
Say what about Mike James

Advertisement
He had a very good game against FIU. The big runs through the big holes were nice but I was more impressed with his willingness to pick up the dirty yards when there wasn't a huge hole. Those monster holes won't be open as much against tougher teams, so if he can continue to pick up those 3-4 yard gains instead of getting hit for a loss, he'll be all the more effective. Probably his most complete game as a Hurricane.

Homer is a one cut back. He was struggling because he was wasting too much motion in the backfield and just getting up field.
I think we will just play the hot hand between the two backs. They are both solid runners. There’s a place for both of them for sure.
Good game yesterday Homer. He looked great just getting his shoulders up field.

Advertisement
He had a very good game against FIU. The big runs through the big holes were nice but I was more impressed with his willingness to pick up the dirty yards when there wasn't a huge hole. Those monster holes won't be open as much against tougher teams, so if he can continue to pick up those 3-4 yard gains instead of getting hit for a loss, he'll be all the more effective. Probably his most complete game as a Hurricane.
That would actually be the Notre Dame game last year. But he was really solid yesterday

Homer is a good/great back with elite speed and toughness but does't have many open field moves. I think he's actually going to be really good at the next level.

Advertisement
Ahh. ok. Ill let him know.

He will find a place in the NFL. Guaranteed. A one cut zone run team with legit 4.3 speed would LOVE to take a flyer on him. And very strong for his size, like Ahmad Bradshaw, who was very similar.

Advertisement
Homer was great on outside sweeps with the guard and center pulling and outside zone plays. I know it depends on what fronts we see, but we need to call those more for Homer when he's in the game.

I said the Homer doubters were giving up on him " way too early! " Now please remove your collective feet from your BIG mouths!

Advertisement
Back