Steele, Strong, and our LBS

Advertisement
I love Bissainthe but do not believe he can be ready physically to play D1 football by September.
Why not? Pappoe was 210 coming out of hs and he started as a true freshmen for Steele. And he is listed at only 226 now. So I think bissainthe can definitely play right away

lmao we're going to have kevin steele and Charlie Strong essentiall as CO-DC

wow absolutely incredible
Even with a great staff you cannot make great LBs out of undersized players that lack instinct. A great LB staff can make them serviceable this year and find the right guys either in the portal or in the 23 class

I don't get the Flagg hate on here. He shouldn't have started, and should only be depth at best. That isn't his fault. I'm not aware of him making the program look bad either.
It's not 'hate'. It's people rightly talking about how he's not a Miami calibre LB.

If he was coming off the bench and making the odd play like Ragone he'd be spoken about in a more positive light because that's his ceiling.

I know imma catch some heat here but I been rooting for JW to play LB since mid season the same position I project him to play at the next level
He will. Best option for Jim Williams is to be closer to the line of scrimmage for the team and his $$$ future. Demonstrating his skills as a edge/middle Blitzer, coming downhill on runs, getting wide on sweeps, dropping into coverage and running down QB's and RB's from behind will only increase his team and $$$ value. Hope he and the staff agree on how best to use his versatility.

Advertisement
I like Keontra because he got that old school under sized Cane dogg in him.
Chase just got that "it dude" skills and size.
JWms/JDub has been blessed. Up to staff to use him right.
Brooks, TAC, Tyler Johnson and Troutman- one of them got to be a "college" stud. I mean law of averages?

Advertisement
I’d put him at Mike LB. Too short and stubby to come off the edge. You’ve got to have length these days with spacing and the size of offensive tackles.

Get him off the ball and I think he’d be a stud. Already strong enough to take on blocks in the trenches and shed and make plays. Not sure how far back his injury set him in speed and agility though

When we were recruiting Davis I said we should convert him to MLB and people on here thought I was loopy. I'm not sure if he's got the IQ to man the middle. But he won't play DE at Miami beyond a few situational snaps, if any. MLB is his only possible spot to see the field at Miami IMHO. So he should make the switch now to see if he can make a career of it, or hit the portal.

Regardless, we MUST pick up a MLB portal kid. Hope for the best with the players already on roster, but plan for the worst.

Advertisement
My bad, I'm late to the party...

Attachments

• tapatalk_1568412319051.gif
    tapatalk_1568412319051.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
It's not 'hate'. It's people rightly talking about how he's not a Miami calibre LB.

If he was coming off the bench and making the odd play like Ragone he'd be spoken about in a more positive light because that's his ceiling.
Flagg being bad doesn’t make the other guys good. Smith is tiny and cannot
hold up physically he has to be kept totally free. The other guys we don’t know except Steed and Flagg was better than Steed.

It’s hard to act like a guy who was a leader and played as many snaps as Flagg doesn’t exist. I suspect he’ll be a real factor this year like it or not unless there is a P5 transfer starter.

one or two portal guys will completely change the perception of the LB room, we’ll be fine

Advertisement
Flagg being bad doesn’t make the other guys good. Smith is tiny and cannot
hold up physically he has to be kept totally free. The other guys we don’t know except Steed and Flagg was better than Steed.

It’s hard to act like a guy who was a leader and played as many snaps as Flagg doesn’t exist. I suspect he’ll be a real factor this year like it or not unless there is a P5 transfer starter.
Flagg, it's okay bro. Try to stop reading the CIS boards.

Go into the Portal and convince an immediate starting LB that his best bet for max growth is to come over. Our DC is a LB expert and the actual position coach was coaching NFL LBs last year.
But but.... Charlie Strong was only asked by one head coach to be the LB coach and associate head coach at the same time so that means that Strong is either unproven or sucks as a LB coach.......because if Strong was a good LB coach then every head coach Strong coached LBs for would have asked him to be the associate head coach!

(Sarcasm On!!!!!)

Truth is we don’t have any potential first team all conference players on the roster aside from Chase Smith and hopefully Bissainthe but they are both very green. I think Steed/Flagg will be solid contributors still.

Advertisement
Back