Steele, Strong, and our LBS

Advertisement
James Williams usage needs to be how Clemson used Isaiah Simmons

Keontra Smith is an interesting case at LB, his comp is similar to Deon Bucannon who was a nice player for a couple years.
I see James Williams as another Clemson guy.. jayron kearse.. Isaiah Simmons is a different type of freak athlete and more linebacker hybrid who can do safety things where as Williams and kearse we're more similar in that they are jumbo safety body types who do their work in the box..

Advertisement
Steele has had success with some smaller LBers at Auburn and he had a few at Clemson in the 6’0 and 215-225 pound range. I think Keontra Smith has a good year

Chase Smith could be really good but he’s green. Steed is solid depth. We really need Brooks and Gil (if they’re both playing Mike or Will) to have a resurgence or Cave/Huff to figure it out.
I don't think Keontra Smith is 6ft or above 215.

Advertisement
Brooks is either ready by Fall camp or football is done for him. The transfer, Chase, Wesley and Tyler. Steele gives J. Williams his reality check for his future, LB. T. Davis is still small for DE and the exact size LB we want right now. Keontre puts on 10lbs., Frierson and maybe Cave. LB is a strength with that lineup.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we're going to see multiple transfers out at the LB position, and one high quality transfer in. Our most likely first four on the field, in no particular order, will be K Smith, C Smith, Steed and a portal kid. Cave after that.

But let's remember who was coaching LBs. Diaz, Baker and Patke (I don't really count Aristide). Other than Flagg's athletic limitations, we honestly have no idea how good or bad the rest of the kids are. Brooks and Huff were talented players in HS. Maybe they were bad evals, but maybe the lights come on.

I can't wait to see what TAC can do. Keontra, Chase, and TAC will be very interesting to see how they play out over the spring. I do like Troutman as well. He reminds me of a smaller Keontra. Don't see Wes getting more time over these 4 guys. Would also like to see what Tyler is going to do this year as well.

Steele has had success with some smaller LBers at Auburn and he had a few at Clemson in the 6’0 and 215-225 pound range. I think Keontra Smith has a good year

Chase Smith could be really good but he’s green. Steed is solid depth. We really need Brooks and Gil (if they’re both playing Mike or Will) to have a resurgence or Cave/Huff to figure it out.
Because of the previous coaching staph, I don’t think we know whether Chase is green or not. I mean, coming out of high school he was known for having a high football IQ and we know who his pops is. We also got to see his potential in the limited snaps he received. To me, he didn’t look out of place.

Advertisement
Back