Steele, Strong, and our LBS

But even in the old system people were bashing Shaq. The old scheme did our linebackers injustice.
The old system didn’t do our linebackers many favors but people here were bashing Shaq because they’re dumb. He was a productive four year starter and team leader. Was he Ray Lewis? No but he was a **** good player for us.

Advertisement
I think Strong and Steele will help the existing LBs a ton. With that said, Shaq was a monster from Day 1 in the old system.

We need to add high-end talent at that position.
Shaq was very good but he also missed his fair share of tackles and played with poor gap integrity.

Put on the tape 1st year of Diaz system. All the LBS played well, but got worse as the years went on. Diaz system is complete trash. We were just so used to Doritos frog stance patty cake scheme that most forgot what a sound defense looks like.

The last complete game we played was ND 2017. All phases played incredibly well. Here’s hoping to see a lot more complete games in the future. With this defensive staff + recruiting… we should obliterate the ACC and close the gap to Clemson.

Advertisement

No need to go to the portal. Put my boy in a competent defense that doesn't ask him to cover a bunch of space and he can play within the tackle box like a MLB is suppose to and he will do well enough till we recruit better.

Yea, he may not be the fastest or biggest but when this kid gets his Mitts on you... your *** hits the dirt.

Flagg will be starting MLB come fall baby so get ya tears out now. Steele and Strong aint going to bench our best and most sure tackler in the LB corps.

We don't. Kid will do just fine under the tutelage of Skrong & Steal..

We can’t do any better than Flagg? Come on man, I can see you think he can be serviceable, but we can get better here

Advertisement
But even in the old system people were bashing Shaq. The old scheme did our linebackers injustice.
Exactly. When you consistently do DE/DT TWIST stunts and blitz your safeties then ask your middle linebacker to tackle a guy with elite quickness and Hella speed with a mile of open space you're asking for trouble. Every middle linebacker Manny had at Miami STRUGGLED when asked to do that. It's asking to much for any middle backer that isn't Devin White.

We can’t do any better than Flagg? Come on man, I can see you think he can be serviceable, but we can get better here
Oh fasho. We most definitely can. I'm definitely not saying he's all American caliber or even all acc.

He's the best we got tho and I can't say a better MLB will be in the portal until we see what he can do in a system that's kind to the Backers.

Can't write the kid off just yet.

Oh fasho. We most definitely can. I'm definitely not saying he's all American caliber or even all acc.

He's the best we got tho and I can't say a better MLB will be in the portal until we see what he can do in a system that's kind to the Backers.

Can't write the kid off just yet.

Or a nutrition/S&C program… he looked like me running sprints after work today.

Advertisement

No need to go to the portal. Put my boy in a competent defense that doesn't ask him to cover a bunch of space and he can play within the tackle box like a MLB is suppose to and he will do well enough till we recruit better.

Yea, he may not be the fastest or biggest but when this kid gets his Mitts on you... your *** hits the dirt.

Flagg will be starting MLB come fall baby so get ya tears out now. Steele and Strong aint going to bench our best and most sure tackler in the LB corps.

I'm all in on the corey flag redemption arc, but I guess I don't have any other option lol

I'm all in on the corey flag redemption arc, but I guess I don't have any other option lol

My sentiments exactly... kids flashed ENOUGH for a good coach to feel like he can make some magic happen.

I do not think he's some all world player but I'm just not for trashing these kids when they've been handled by bargain bin coaches.

I'll write him off when Steele and Strong do so and not a moment before.

At least this "highlight" tape had some actual highlights. the one posted of Gilbert a few days ago was embarrasing.

Advertisement
At least this "highlight" tape had some actual highlights. the one posted of Gilbert a few days ago was embarrasing.
Right!!

There's some flash in that lil reel. Especially that play against UNC. That's what you want to see from your MLB. No false steps.

Strong and Steele not going to see plays and tackling like this on his film and be like "Bench him"

They're gonna be like " why tf would Diaz ask this kid to do that dumb ****?"

Advertisement
Back