Steele, Strong, and our LBS

Advertisement
Advertisement
This has been a glaring issue, but I'm curious to see if they can get 2 of these guys to become all conference types.

Chase Smith - biggest upside
Keontra Smith - best instincts (small)
Corey Flagg - no comment
Wesley Bissainthe - big upside (young)
Gilbert Frierson - versatile
Waynmon Steed - experienced
Sam Brooks - good size (injuries)
Tirek Austin-Cave - most intriguing
Deshawn Troutman - has pop (small)
Avery Huff - tbd

Have to hit the portal.

A couple of those will likely transfer after spring if I was a betting man.

Chase Smith is 1 starter no clue who takes the other spot.

Good thing is we have coaches who know what a great LB looks like and will do their best to get the top 4 in a rotation.

I think we have to go find a portal LB to be our our starting MLB. Not sure I see a starting Miami caliber MLB in that list.

I know imma catch some heat here but I been rooting for JW to play LB since mid season the same position I project him to play at the next level

I think we see him and The other two safeties all on the field at the same time a lot. They can use Williams as a star similar to Minka at Alabama which can play high safety or drop in the box a lot.

I see him being used hopefully similar to Derwin James at FSU

Advertisement
Jaylen Harrell move to LB will pay off to us thanks Manny! Tyler Johnson is made to be a rushing OLB for us

This has been a glaring issue, but I'm curious to see if they can get 2 of these guys to become all conference types.

Chase Smith - biggest upside
Keontra Smith - best instincts (small)
Corey Flagg - no comment
Wesley Bissainthe - big upside (young)
Gilbert Frierson - versatile
Waynmon Steed - experienced
Sam Brooks - good size (injuries)
Tirek Austin-Cave - most intriguing
Deshawn Troutman - has pop (small)
Avery Huff - tbd
Troutman is 220

Advertisement
He’s been successful there and is on track to get to the NFL in their defense. Why wouldn’t it make sense for him to stay there?
Seems pretty clear to me. Play on a bad Syracuse team or come to Miami and play for much better coaches in a much more high profile program?

He’s been successful there and is on track to get to the NFL in their defense. Why wouldn’t it make sense for him to stay there?

That’s usually my line of thinking as well honestly. But SU has won 6 games combined in the last 2 seasons. He may want to come home to close out his college career, win some games and be apart of this. Not to mention the LB coaching that he will receive. Again, I agree with you for most part but you really never know what these kids are thinking. It’s worth trying. He brings our defense up a notch himself. Having a veteran, NFL talent on the 2nd level would do wonders for us.

Advertisement
James Williams usage needs to be how Clemson used Isaiah Simmons

Keontra Smith is an interesting case at LB, his comp is similar to Deon Bucannon who was a nice player for a couple years.
I’d say even a Littleton type who was at the rams and raiders. 4 has some dawg to him but his size is a serious limitation

I’m thinking Cave has a breakout spring, and breaks into the rotation. Steed’s last chance to make his mark at this U. What better way to get your game to the next level, than under the tutelage of S&S? He knows that If it doesn’t happen for him this year, it won’t happen here. Chase is the guy. He can be All ACC under S&S. Keontra, and Brooks (Time to show or go), will round out depth. Don’t sleep on the WB. He a freshman, but can definitely get a lil PT. Gil is the versatile one. They will showcase his skill set, a lot in 22.

Advertisement
Back