Stat of the season

In defense of the penalties...there has been a noticeable change (for the better) with focused disciplined play by Miami defenders last several games.

Much less showboating after every hot and tackle, much more business-like and next play demeanor.

So...I'd like to see a slice and dice of this stat of where does Miami rank (at least defensive penalties) for the last 3 games, I suspect much improved.
I don’t know the numbers but seems the procedure and formation penalties on the OL has been happening too much given the experience and coaching we have

Advertisement
Sorry, I blame TVD and only TVD. I know Parish had the big fumble at UNC and Don the GT game but they are running backs. Its going to happen sometimes.

Lately, TVD turns the ball over ALL THE TIME. Can you imagine the interceptions the other teams dropped being added to this stat?
He must have read the “Air Raid” concept back wards…

Advertisement
In defense of the penalties...there has been a noticeable change (for the better) with focused disciplined play by Miami defenders last several games.

Much less showboating after every hot and tackle, much more business-like and next play demeanor.

So...I'd like to see a slice and dice of this stat of where does Miami rank (at least defensive penalties) for the last 3 games, I suspect much improved.
Mario’s teams at Oregon were ranked very low in penalties as well. So I don’t think that will change which is interesting for a coach who harps on discipline so much.

Advertisement
Miami is now 126th in the nation in turnovers. Terrible for any team, poison for a team that is trying to run the ball and play complementary football.

And this is not to blame one player- it is a team stat that falls on the players and coaches.

So what changes is this staff gonna make DMoney?

And that is how you wind up 2-3 in conference play with the two wins coming in OT. We could very easily be 0-5 in conference play.

Could very easily be 4-1 too.

But we’re not. We’re 2-3 and that’s what we deserve because we can’t figure out how to kneel the football and we get 0 points on two trips inside the 10 against NC State.

1699286259320.png

If Young has 41 targets, 31 catches, 0 INTs as a target... seems like he needs to be targeted more especially in the REDZONE! This is 100% on Dawson and TVD.

Advertisement
View attachment 264704

If Young has 41 targets, 31 catches, 0 INTs as a target... seems like he needs to be targeted more especially in the REDZONE! This is 100% on Dawson and TVD.
The only Endzone target as WR he has this season came from Emory. Talk about a stat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
just freaking amazed at our TO and penalty rankings... I've said it before, those are the two Top areas I thought would be ultra disciplined under Mario... and even if our O was performing well, those are the exact same two categories that would make you lose games in itself.... smh.
Not surprising if you had seen his Oregon teams. They were terrible in penalties under coach Tuffy.

Advertisement
Back