Starting to get nervous about the Stevenson situation....

Advertisement
Cribby behind the scenes has expressed some confidence I believe

My understanding (not from Cribby) is that he was turning in his paperwork yesterday for the portal. I think that is what triggered the thread yesterday. Georgia compliance has 48 hours to submit it so Friday afternoon/evening unless they convince him otherwise. They’re definitely gonna hold it the full 48
Typical scum bag move. I somehow hate Kirby even more now (if that’s possible). He is like the kid that if he can’t have it, he will ruin it so that no one can enjoy it. Giant f...ing baby!

This is going to be glorious...we keep our DL coach (but in a different non-coaching capacity), we get our CB coach from our recruiting staff, we get rid of our best recruiter from the D-coaching staff, and we bring in no more than 2 outside coaches (DL and S, where we have talented players, as opposed to the LB/CB rooms).

Yeah, that will buy Manny a few more years.

Wow, if that's how it goes down, Manny's got about 350 more days of employment.

Fire up the banners, fire up the billboard trucks, and have @Liberty City El start posting detailed threads about available head coaches.
This is exactly what I fear.

At that point there isn't any reason to get mad. If I'm angry it's because I still care. If that's how it goes down, I'm not going to even bother watching the games next season.
It’ll be a wasted year, followed by a firing and a re-boot if this is how it goes down. I hope I’m wrong. I’m speculating based on who’s gone on to Utah State and who hasn’t, who’s been canned or moved on for other reasons and who’s still hanging around. All this said, it’s possible that Manny will hire a DC and let them determine the fate of remaining staff but I don’t know. We’ll see.

Its not looking good IMO.

If DVD stays - look for him to be promoted to CB’s Coach because that’s what he was getting at Utah State. He’s not hanging around in an offeld spot.

Then Patke stays and Baker stays.

So if Manny reaches out to a real DC and says, hey, Baker, Patke and DVD are waiting for you, how do you think that works out?

The strong candidates won’t hitch their wagons to that post. So in effect, Manny will have made it impossible to do what is needed because he insists on keeping his boys. At that point, he’s committed slow acting HC suicide.
Won’t be nothing slow about that suicide...That will be a shot from a .45

Advertisement
This is going to be glorious...we keep our DL coach (but in a different non-coaching capacity), we get our CB coach from our recruiting staff, we get rid of our best recruiter from the D-coaching staff, and we bring in no more than 2 outside coaches (DL and S, where we have talented players, as opposed to the LB/CB rooms).

Yeah, that will buy Manny a few more years.

Wow, if that's how it goes down, Manny's got about 350 more days of employment.

Fire up the banners, fire up the billboard trucks, and have @Liberty City El start posting detailed threads about available head coaches.
I will assist. Dont need any pay.

The portal is expanding everyday... just trust that even if TS doesn’t show, something will pop.
Probably not gonna find a guy that knows he’s gonna walk right in and be the number 1 guy.

We’ll be lucky to find a guy willing to compete. I know our corners aren’t that good but on paper there’s 3 starters returning and 2 of them have started over 20 games.

Advertisement
It’ll be a wasted year, followed by a firing and a re-boot if this is how it goes down. I hope I’m wrong. I’m speculating based on who’s gone on to Utah State and who hasn’t, who’s been canned or moved on for other reasons and who’s still hanging around. All this said, it’s possible that Manny will hire a DC and let them determine the fate of remaining staff but I don’t know. We’ll see.

Diaz could put a stop to the noise by saying that Baker will be return as DC. The fact that he hasn't by now is a bit strange. Suggests that he is looking for an upgrade but if he can't find one then Baker is back. You don't sell your ****ty used car, you trade it in as it sucks to not have wheels.

I’m not worried about the DL coach. What worries me is that Banda didn’t take some of the current staff with him to Utah State and they’re still lingering around.
What you said in the other post is more telling of things..... Right now people have left but no one new has come on board yet... As long as no position coaches are hired I'll keep belief that we might get a new DC that will get his own crew.... Again it's just a belief but as soon as we start adding position Coaches then that belief goes out the window...

Probably not gonna find a guy that knows he’s gonna walk right in and be the number 1 guy.

We’ll be lucky to find a guy willing to compete. I know our corners aren’t that good but on paper there’s 3 starters returning and 2 of them have started over 20 games.
Agree with everything you say. Just think there will be some other lesser options. You are in the Tennessee area? Do you think there may be a mass exodus at UT?

Advertisement
What you said in the other post is more telling of things..... Right now people have left but no one new has come on board yet... As long as no position coaches are hired I'll keep belief that we might get a new DC that will get his own crew.... Again it's just a belief but as soon as we start adding position Coaches then that belief goes out the window...
This is my hope. That he hires a DC and let’s them make a determination on who to keep.

Agree with everything you say. Just think there will be some other lesser options. You are in the Tennessee area? Do you think there may be a mass exodus at UT?
No I don’t think so. Even if there was.. I might take 5 guys off that entire roster. That may be generous.

Keyshawn Lawrence probably the only DB I would entertain

Advertisement

Just put a couple of plays of game film in front of candidates. That should sell them in immediate playing time (and in the fact that we are slow to get rid of underperforming coaches too).

Seems like the longer this takes the less likely it is to happen. Someone calm my nerves.
It’s not happening, because if it does it gives the NCAA a reason to look at us , that situation probably dead , even though Georgia looks like it have been handing out bags since Kirby been there but Miami needs better beat writers , I like the caneville guys from YouTube better then any beat writers that we have.

And that was who came immediately to mind
When I was trying to push him to Miami the only guy that took it serious was DVD. Players ruined the visit, staff made him feel unwanted (I think Rumph was just that dull), and DVD was one that saved face a little. He and family were ready to board a plane around 3 PM on Saturday (on their own dime to gtfo) and DVD convinced him to finish it out knowing it was already over. It was stupid **** like spelling his name wrong on his OV tag too.

Then he committed on Sunday to Tennessee. I doubt he’d even come here. His family doesn’t like David Cooney because he defended Ivey ruining his visit.

When I was trying to push him to Miami the only guy that took it serious was DVD. Players ruined the visit, staff made him feel unwanted (I think Rumph was just that dull), and DVD was one that saved face a little. He and family were ready to board a plane around 3 PM on Saturday (on their own dime to gtfo) and DVD convinced him to finish it out knowing it was already over. It was stupid **** like spelling his name wrong on his OV tag too.

Then he committed on Sunday to Tennessee. I doubt he’d even come here. His family doesn’t like David Cooney because he defended Ivey ruining his visit.
And that seems to be to stupid kind of sh*t that’s kept us as the epitome of mediocrity for so long.

Advertisement
Back