Starting to get nervous about the Stevenson situation....

tenor.gif

Advertisement
When I was trying to push him to Miami the only guy that took it serious was DVD. Players ruined the visit, staff made him feel unwanted (I think Rumph was just that dull), and DVD was one that saved face a little. He and family were ready to board a plane around 3 PM on Saturday (on their own dime to gtfo) and DVD convinced him to finish it out knowing it was already over. It was stupid **** like spelling his name wrong on his OV tag too.

Then he committed on Sunday to Tennessee. I doubt he’d even come here. His family doesn’t like David Cooney because he defended Ivey ruining his visit.
IDK how in the world Cooney could have defended Ivey.

Advertisement
I think he is even with this. He’s got an ego though. Good and bad at times

The "ego" part is a real problem though. I appreciate that he may be good at his job, and I could understand Cooney blocking someone on Twitter if they were abusive to him. But to block a guy for being honest and trying to help? That's an...issue...

No wonder we lose recruits and have no corners. What an 2 bit clown show. And manny slow rolling the staff issues just like he does the recruits. Put all his eggs in one basket. Lose it and not have an upgrade to make a change. My wife told me when Manny “Mini” Golden was hired he’d fail because he was from a failed staff. She was right. And he was a big part of it being a failure. Actions speak louder than words. He’s like a ball-less Ken Doll. Hope he enjoys his effing vacation with his buddy’s Blake Dorito and Patsy. We care more about the team than they do.

Lmao @ “Leave!!! We all hate you as our DC”

This is so facts. Baker is persona non grata & if he remains on staff he’ll be the most hated Corch we’ve seen since D’Onfrio.

If Manny had any cajones he would’ve already fired him, fck all that Best friends shît, this is business not personal, no DC should ever be allowed to keep his job after giving up 778 yards in one game, idgaf what the circumstances are.

Manny hitching his wagon to Baker is just going to expedite his eventual firing in another year or two...

Tell Baker to go find a gig at New Mexico State or some shît & get him the fck outta here.
Exactly. People need to make no mistake about this if we don’t get a legit independent DC. It’s not because we don’t have money. It’s because Manny tried to force his stooges on DC’s with a pulse and they said no thanks.

No wonder we lose recruits and have no corners. What an 2 bit clown show. And manny slow rolling the staff issues just like he does the recruits. Put all his eggs in one basket. Lose it and not have an upgrade to make a change. My wife told me when Manny was hired he’d fail because he was from a failed staff. She was right. And he was a big part of it being a failure. Actions speak louder than words. Hope he enjoys his effing vacation. We care more about the team than he does.
Being from a failed staff aint a death sentence. Just ask Dabo. Manny will fail if he does fail because of his own issues. Not because of the way he got hired. As far as why the Richt staff failed you can point to stubbornness on offense, lack of creativity from the playcaller and the inability to level up at QB. The reason Richt's staff had any success was the defense's ability to force turnovers and keep the team afloat until the offense could put a couple of drives together.

Dabo did what he had to do after his second full year and going 6-7. He hired Chad Morris. Then after giving up 70 in the Orange Bowl he went and got Venables after year 3. Manny's timeline is accelerated. He got Lashlee after year 1. Time to dump Baker for a DC after year 2.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Exactly. People need to make no mistake about this if we don’t get a legit independent DC. It’s not because we don’t have money. It’s because Manny tried to force his stooges on DC’s with a pulse and they said no thanks.

One thousand percent.

Potential Alonzo Highsmith, Part II. UM BOT was willing to spend the money, but Beta Blake and Manny were scurred of having Alonzo looking over their shoulders.

This is so facts. Baker is persona non grata & if he remains on staff he’ll be the most hated Corch we’ve seen since D’Onfrio.

If Manny had any cajones he would’ve already fired him, fck all that Best friends shît, this is business not personal, no DC should ever be allowed to keep his job after giving up 778 yards in one game, idgaf what the circumstances are.

Manny hitching his wagon to Baker is just going to expedite his eventual firing in another year or two...

Tell Baker to go find a gig at New Mexico State or some shît & get him the fck outta here.
And no miami head coach should should ever be allowed to keep his job after losing to FIU.

One thousand percent.

Potential Alonzo Highsmith, Part II. UM BOT was willing to spend the money, but Beta Blake and Manny were scurred of having Alonzo looking over their shoulders.
I don’t have the full story on that one. I was told that the hiring wasn’t as close to happening as people were making it. I didn’t inquire further.

You're one of the best posters on here, but I've gotta point it out every time someone does it:

Cajones = caskets
Cojones = balls

Advertisement
I don’t have the full story on that one. I was told that the hiring wasn’t as close to happening as people were making it. I didn’t inquire further.

That's not completely true, either. Notice, I left out the part about "power". I think there were some legit BOT concerns about what Alonzo's power authorization/structure would be, so no, it didn't get to a "written contract" level. I do agree with you, though, that it was also not a "Bernie 2-0" level, that Alonzo was picking out office furniture when he was told that he would not be hired.

And with 80 people on the BOT, some may see the collective BOT position as "we are THISCLOSE to hiring Alonzo", while others are more indifferent. But we definitely got close to a basic agreement, if not an actual written document.

Advertisement
does Manny think you get awarded an extra title if you win using your own scheme? I mean, **** even Saban has evolved his schemes on both sides of the ball, and Manny's D is nowhere near what Saban's was. Manny's scheme can be exposed by the most simple running and passing plays, it's like a mediocre Punch Out opponent with a ridiculous telegraphed move.

But to be more on-topic, someone tell me we roll...or 'rique

Advertisement
Back