Stacy Coley is a beast thread

At this point whoever thinks Coley is going to start this year at receiver is crazy.

215.gif

it's overlooking the talent Miami already has at receiver.... we dont need a savior this year (or the next) for that position. As great (and hyped) Coley is, to think that he is just going to come in and out play Hurns, Scott, Dorsett, Lewis, and Waters is foolish. I would also bet that Carter and Jones are going to be stiff competition for him to beat out.

I dont know I put him above Cooper coming out of highschool and look what he did his frosh year. Bama recruits better than any team in the country and he started no problem. If Coley plays to his ability he will be starting by the FSU game

i think that was more about timing. If Coley came in last year then i believe that he would have had a year like Cooper. But this year w/ that group coming back w/ another year of development and training i think its going to be a lot harder for a true freshman to climb up that depth chart.... if he can do that this year, then **** Miami got a good one.

Advertisement
I say 25 catches 500 yards 5 tds 2 kick returns to the house 1 against Florida state... this kid reminds me of Michael irvin when it comes to star power and playmaking ability... I'm glad hes a cane

At this point whoever thinks Coley is going to start this year at receiver is crazy.

215.gif

it's overlooking the talent Miami already has at receiver.... we dont need a savior this year (or the next) for that position. As great (and hyped) Coley is, to think that he is just going to come in and out play Hurns, Scott, Dorsett, Lewis, and Waters is foolish. I would also bet that Carter and Jones are going to be stiff competition for him to beat out.

I dont know I put him above Cooper coming out of highschool and look what he did his frosh year. Bama recruits better than any team in the country and he started no problem. If Coley plays to his ability he will be starting by the FSU game

i think that was more about timing. If Coley came in last year then i believe that he would have had a year like Cooper. But this year w/ that group coming back w/ another year of development and training i think its going to be a lot harder for a true freshman to climb up that depth chart.... if he can do that this year, then **** Miami got a good one.

Hurns and Lewis (as long as his conditioning is back up) are probably our most consistent receivers but neither are electric. That belongs to Dorsett and Scott would be those guys IMO, and they need to be more consistent. Waters, honestly, I can't remember a thing about except for that one long TD against USF(?), so I'm not going to say anything except for he's got a year and some experience on Coley.

So while I think Coley will get significant playing time (especially at ST, where he might start), I doubt he starts first game at WR. But depending on his summer and fall camp, plus what those other guys do, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Advertisement
25-30/375-450/4-6td. Saw him play live 4 times in HS. People are getting the lazy thing mistaken like another op stated. Kid is super smooth and glides. The type of speed that isn't really noticed until he's smoking another guy you know is legit fast. A superior athlete who will stand out from day 1. Frame and movement-wise, He reminds me of Tony Brown from STA and then Tennessee, but much quicker and faster. Real old comparison, but I'm sure some of you on here know of him. The way Tony dominated top-shelf DB's down here like he did Bryant McFadden repeatedly-reminds me of what I've seen Coley do as well. Have seen him eat Tracy up already as an underclassmen. It's not going to be anything new.

I love his competitiveness. It gets him in trouble sometimes but it also makes him great.

I like Coley he's just a true baller... I wouldn't be surprised to see him crack the rotation... I only see Hurns, Dorsett and Scott ahead of him... Lewis showed some promise before his injury but it was really a short stint... Waters has some hands but I'm not going to overreact off that offsides td catch... As for Jones and Carter they have a ways to go... I seen them make a few catches in the spring but they're still raw... Coley is a natural... I don't think he has ever played with a legit qb... As for the Cooper comparisons, I think Amari was a little bit better coming out... For some reason everyone overlooked his route running... Coley can run some great routes as well but I think Amari was a little bit better...

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in our rotation come fall especially if Scott is inconsistent...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Coley has the most physical talent on our roster right now IMO. what i mean by that specifically is that he has the highest ceiling. i dont think that is really arguable

Hurns, Scott, Lewis are nice. but not game breakers

Coley's lack of strength is the one thing that can hold him back from playing early. The receivers ahead of him all have some bulk, even Dorsett. And aside from Scott, they are all coach's pets.

I agree he is the most talented but he has serious competition.

Coley's lack of strength is the one thing that can hold him back from playing early. The receivers ahead of him all have some bulk, even Dorsett. And aside from Scott, they are all coach's pets.

I agree he is the most talented but he has serious competition.

Yup and the playbook can hold some guys back if they don't focus. Lockhart was lost from the beginning while Malc stepped right in and took the spotlight.

We missed Malc so ******* bad against FSU and Coley is that same type, the guys that can just get open because of how they control their bodies and how they break, essential when you are up against athletes just as good as you are.

Advertisement
At this same point last season, Stacey Coley and AQM, arguably our two most talented recruits were extreme longshots to be Canes. Coley was thought to be a Seminole lock and the majority of our fans had no idea who AQM even was.

Just something to think about.

25-30/375-450/4-6td. Saw him play live 4 times in HS. People are getting the lazy thing mistaken like another op stated. Kid is super smooth and glides. The type of speed that isn't really noticed until he's smoking another guy you know is legit fast. A superior athlete who will stand out from day 1. Frame and movement-wise, He reminds me of Tony Brown from STA and then Tennessee, but much quicker and faster. Real old comparison, but I'm sure some of you on here know of him. The way Tony dominated top-shelf DB's down here like he did Bryant McFadden repeatedly-reminds me of what I've seen Coley do as well. Have seen him eat Tracy up already as an underclassmen. It's not going to be anything new.

uummmm....Tony was a player...but i dont know about all that...I was a soph on those teams...STA barely beat us...Tony may hvave had 2 catches... B-Mac shut everybody ddown Kevin Beard and everybody you can name through Broward. There was a kid @ Hills that got em though Tavares Tillman i believe was his name.

He has more wiggle than Tony Brown who was a physical wr. Coley is wiry sort of like Kevin Beard. Coley literally reminds me of Chad Johnson with more run after catch ability.You guys remember when Chad first came in the league and just ran Go Routes bombing guys.

uummmm....Tony was a player...but i dont know about all that...I was a soph on those teams...STA barely beat us...Tony may hvave had 2 catches... B-Mac shut everybody ddown Kevin Beard and everybody you can name through Broward. There was a kid @ Hills that got em though Tavares Tillman i believe was his name.

He has more wiggle than Tony Brown who was a physical wr. Coley is wiry sort of like Kevin Beard. Coley literally reminds me of Chad Johnson with more run after catch ability.You guys remember when Chad first came in the league and just ran Go Routes bombing guys.

aka "man man". He got us too. Played against him in football and basketball.

Hills had a LB around the same time named Jerry Johnson. Still the strongest high school kid I've ever seen.

I had alot of homeboys on that Hills team. (KeeBee Crawford, Keno Felton, Jason Wallace, etc) My neighborhood was on the border of Hills and South Plant. Man there was some good football in Broward back then.

Advertisement

gogeta you hit the nail on the head. I have always said that Coley was real hard to compare to other WR's but the best comparison I could come up with is Chad Johnson. What Coley and Chad both have is great body control. They also have the same body type and make things look effortless. The slight frame does worry me in year one

I see where you're going with that, so let me be more specific. He reminds me of TB because he glides effortlessly and excels at the point of attack in the air. The ability to consistently win the 1v1 battle against quality competition when it's a 50/50 ball. I think there is a lot of similarity there. TB might have played physical, but he was long and lean and had the deer stride like Coley. The type that makes you look slower and more lethargic than you actually are. So, you were on that team and don't remember TB catching those deep balls on him? That matchup was hyped for weeks leading up to the game their senior year and was a beautiful thing to watch.

Advertisement
Back