Stacy Coley is a beast thread

Slow down the hype train.

I agree that Coley is supremely talented and probably the most naturally gifted athlete in the WR core the day he steps on campus, but it's gonna take more than that to get on the field.

Lockhart was the most talented of all the receivers the day HE stepped on campus and it didn't pan out that way.

Advertisement
Coley is talented, but its so **** hard to judge just how 'special' he is cause he literally jogs is half his plays. I'm not sure if he's THAT GOOD or his competition is THAT bad. His highlights are plays of him doing just enough to show you he's better than the rest but gives you no indication of what his ceiling may actually be... Its amazing and frustrating and the same time lol

If he learns to put 100% into every play, there's no way Golden can keep him off the field. If he decides to only try when the ball is coming his way, he'll redshirt and spent the year being 'de-recruited'.

Go check who those highlights are against. Then come back with a full report. So I don't neg you.

It will be hard for Coley to crack the rotation with WR being 6-7 deep. But if he does make it in the rotation I predict 300 yards 3 TD's and if not he will get redshirted.

We aren't 6 or 7 deep. Talent wise, he is better than anyone on the roster but he has to learn to do the little things and earn his way. Dorsett, Hurns, Scott, and Waters are the only guys who have a major edge over Coley at the moment. No one else has even seen the field besides Lewis who is coming off a major injury. Hurns has yet to get through a season healthy. Scott is one mistake from being off the team and Dorsett has drop issues at times. No ones spot is save if Coley comes in and handles his business and proves you can't keep him off the field.

Agree with all this. I love our WR group but they get a bit too much credit IMO. Dominated bad teams and absolutely no production against good ones. Drops, injuries, suspensions.

Its a young and talented group that could develop into the best in the country but Coley is better than all of them.

I agree that Coley is supremely talented and probably the most naturally gifted athlete in the WR core the day he steps on campus, but it's gonna take more than that to get on the field.

Lockhart was the most talented of all the receivers the day HE stepped on campus and it didn't pan out that way.

Lockhart?

No ******* way. Malc definitely was a much better prospect.

I didn't think Lockhart was that good. Thought he should have shirted but the staff seemed to think he was the next Randy Moss since they deciding to through a fade to him against one of the best CBs in country (Rhodes) in his first game. The **** were they thinking.

Advertisement

Lockhart?

No ****ing way. Malc definitely was a much better prospect.

Not in my opinion, but what the **** is that worth.

You throw him some balls right away and see how Stacy produces the first couple games. If he's beast'in like I expect him too then you feature him the rest of the season as the #1 because we have a great collection of talented receivers but no all american at that position yet. If he doesn't separate himself then still get him some game time during the rest of the season to work himself into the rotation. He's too good to worry about redshirting because he will be gone after 3 years - it would be like lamar all over again

It will be hard for Coley to crack the rotation with WR being 6-7 deep. But if he does make it in the rotation I predict 300 yards 3 TD's and if not he will get redshirted.

We aren't 6 or 7 deep. Talent wise, he is better than anyone on the roster but he has to learn to do the little things and earn his way. Dorsett, Hurns, Scott, and Waters are the only guys who have a major edge over Coley at the moment. No one else has even seen the field besides Lewis who is coming off a major injury. Hurns has yet to get through a season healthy. Scott is one mistake from being off the team and Dorsett has drop issues at times. No ones spot is save if Coley comes in and handles his business and proves you can't keep him off the field.

This.

Advertisement
He's more talented than Amari Cooper IMO. He'll be The most talented WR the second he steps on campus, the question is, where is his head? If he comes in ready to work right away and gets in the rotation he could have a HUGE year. I could see him being a Freshman All American. However, if he has some problems adjusting he could easily shirt. Dude is a monster and probably the best player Ive ever seen live in So Fla and Ive been watching football down here for almost 10 years.
Couldn't agree more. I think he's the best natural WR we've had since Andre by a pretty good margin.

Advertisement
I'd like to see him come in like the Alex Figueroa of the offense. Just outworking, outefforting, and outperforming everyone. That would be best case scenario as it would get him beasting right away and raise the rest of the WR corps game as well.

Hopefully, we see a Raising Canes Stacey Coley edition after week 2. Could there be a better thing?

Would you say that you are disappointed that Lockhart didn't wind up at UNC?

Advertisement
He's more talented than Amari Cooper IMO. He'll be The most talented WR the second he steps on campus, the question is, where is his head? If he comes in ready to work right away and gets in the rotation he could have a HUGE year. I could see him being a Freshman All American. However, if he has some problems adjusting he could easily shirt. Dude is a monster and probably the best player Ive ever seen live in So Fla and Ive been watching football down here for almost 10 years.

his tape looks better than Coopers IMO

best WR tape i've seen since Watkins.

Lockhart?

No ****ing way. Malc definitely was a much better prospect.

Not in my opinion, but what the **** is that worth.

LOL I hear ya. I don't think many people would agree with you though, certainly not people that saw Malc a lot. Either way Coley is a much bigger prospect than Lockhart.

Coley's the best WR prospect we've signed here in a long time. With that said, he'll need a niche if he's going to jump up a depth chart of Hurns, Dorsett, Scott, and Waters. None of those guys are high pointers, so maybe he can step into a redzone role. It'd definitely help Stephen Morris.

Per Udaman - agree, also agree Coley does look a little lazy post reception. Actually think Coley's cuts are much more deceptive and maintain better forward motion. Coley will fumble a few, get stripped and caught from behind - at which point he gets it and goes all out or fades away not understanding why it's not easy anymore. This is where good coaching comes in...I believe AG and staff are up to it.

Advertisement
Back