Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

def blessed with speed if he's running those kinds of times as a frosh.

If I cloned him 3x, what kind of 4 x 100 time do you think they could run?

4 x 11.1 = 44.4

In a relay, you typically adjust .5 for the "flying starts" the other 3 legs get, meanining you subtract 1.5 seconds from the 44.4. So, they'd probably run a 42.9 if all 4 runners went 11.1 in the open 100m.

don't confuse these guys.... they think its an act of god to have 4 guys on a relay below 11.1

Advertisement
Extremely thoughtful and respectful kid to boot. Perhaps one of those guys who could lead an entire recruiting class.

Advertisement
Extremely thoughtful and respectful kid to boot. Perhaps one of those guys who could lead an entire recruiting class.
how good of a db could he be tho??
Ha. Probably pretty excellent. Another kid I'd leave on offense for now, though. Let's see how his body changes these next two years. Now that it's about 9 of 10 kids I'd leave on offense over moving to DB, the joke fails outright. Kids with sufficiently elite skills to stay on offense should stay there. Like a Jeff Thomas who people keep talking about moving to Corner. Thomas' biggest value to a team is as a WR and he can make $$$ playing it. Same with people back in the day who wanted to move Duke Johnson to Corner. I remember back on Canestime arguing with his supposed family member who claimed he should play Corner. Sure, he could've been solid there, but you leave guys like that on offense.

Deejay Dallas board members really took it personally, though. If he ever moves to DB (which I still think is more interesting for him long term $$$), lots of feelings will be damaged.

Ha. Probably pretty excellent. Another kid I'd leave on offense for now, though. Let's see how his body changes these next two years. Now that it's about 9 of 10 kids I'd leave on offense over moving to DB, the joke fails outright. Kids with sufficiently elite skills to stay on offense should stay there. Like a Jeff Thomas who people keep talking about moving to Corner. Thomas' biggest value to a team is as a WR and he can make $$$ playing it. Same with people back in the day who wanted to move Duke Johnson to Corner. I remember back on Canestime arguing with his supposed family member who claimed he should play Corner. Sure, he could've been solid there, but you leave guys like that on offense.

Deejay Dallas board members really took it personally, though. If he ever moves to DB (which I still think is more interesting for him long term $$$), lots of feelings will be damaged.
just bustin your balls, this kid should be a rb all day unless he just gets way too big for the position

Advertisement

just bustin your balls, this kid should be a rb all day unless he just gets way too big for the position
Saw Chaney Jr. a few weeks ago and he hadn't hit the growth spurt I expected yet. His father is a monstrous dude. So, maybe this kid gets way too big in the next couple years. Who knows. He's an awesome athlete already so he's good to go regardless of what position.

5 star all the way.

Richt told him and Belen coaches that he reminds him of Todd Gurley at that age.

[TWEET]838093115290488832[/TWEET]

Advertisement
8 school meet--4/8/2017

100m.... Donald Chaney …. Belen Jesuit Prepara …. 11.1
200m.... Donald Chaney …. Belen Jesuit Prepara …. 22.9

Before this meet he had run a pair of 11.34s earlier this year and had high jumped 6-4.

High Jump.. 6' 4" ... Feb 21..... Belen Quad Meet

Advertisement
5 star all the way.

Richt told him and Belen coaches that he reminds him of Todd Gurley at that age.

[TWEET]838093115290488832[/TWEET]

Still can't wrap my head around the fact that a prospect of this magnitude is at my alma mater.

This. I want to know the story behind him choosing Belen of all places. Wonder if he stays there all 4 years too.

Advertisement
Back