Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

I ran track in HS and college. At that level it is pretty common. **** we had 5 guys on the squad running 11.1 or better. In some years more. Go look at the 4 x 100 times across the state of Florida. Lost of schools running under 44.4 which is everybody running a 11.1. Of course that can be offset by a super fast guy or two but the fact remains it's pretty common at your bigger schools. Some of these school are running 42 and under which is 10.5 for each leg. If you look at some of track meets and look at the times not uncommon for one school to have more than one athlete under 11.1. if you want a championship level team you better have skill guys running better than 11.1 a..a.especially 11.5 lol

Did you really just equate 4 guys running 11.1 in the 100 being the same as a 44.4 in the 4x100 relay? You are aware they don't pass the baton to the next person in the blocks, correct? When the USA national team runs a 37 second relay you're under the impression they can each run the open 100 in 9.25, correct?

No I was just breaking it down. lol. Pretty sure I made that clear if you read what I said correctly. I'm aware of guys having different splits. Some coaches even have faster guys run longer legs giving slower guys less distance to run. Bottom line is it's not uncommon for a big school to have 4-5 guys running 11.1 or better
Just breaking it dowb ? Lol whay you broke down was wrong. The more you post the less you appear to know . How did you run track at the collegiate level but actually said that a relay team running a 44 is everyone running an 11 100. Everyone except the lead off has a running start lol cut the bs

Advertisement
I ran track in HS and college. At that level it is pretty common. **** we had 5 guys on the squad running 11.1 or better. In some years more. Go look at the 4 x 100 times across the state of Florida. Lost of schools running under 44.4 which is everybody running a 11.1. Of course that can be offset by a super fast guy or two but the fact remains it's pretty common at your bigger schools. Some of these school are running 42 and under which is 10.5 for each leg. If you look at some of track meets and look at the times not uncommon for one school to have more than one athlete under 11.1. if you want a championship level team you better have skill guys running better than 11.1 a..a.especially 11.5 lol

Did you really just equate 4 guys running 11.1 in the 100 being the same as a 44.4 in the 4x100 relay? You are aware they don't pass the baton to the next person in the blocks, correct? When the USA national team runs a 37 second relay you're under the impression they can each run the open 100 in 9.25, correct?

No I was just breaking it down. lol. Pretty sure I made that clear if you read what I said correctly. I'm aware of guys having different splits. Some coaches even have faster guys run longer legs giving slower guys less distance to run. Bottom line is it's not uncommon for a big school to have 4

Lmao. Y'all don't get it. Some coaches will break down the 4x1 or any other relay like that to give his athletes perspective or to make a slower guy feel better. Like running as 3:20 mile relay is every body running a 50....doesn't mean everyone runs a 50 that's just how its broken down for perspective. If you've played sports you'd know this and certainly don't need any praise from y'all. And btw I didn't break suit down wrong and 44.4 is everybody running or having an 11.1 split. The fact that you mentioning blocks just tells me y'all lost as ****.

This guy is just a fūcking moron that doesn't understand track OR football. Bandy is plenty fast, and especially plenty football fast, to excel as a DB. The rest is just this moron, [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] showing his bottomless ignorance.

Smh. It sounds Moronic to you cause you lack understanding. That's normal. I've already said if you run 11.1 it doesn't mean you suck at football. I'm under the impression that everyone here wants championship caliber players. I don't know of any championship caliber defenses/offensesd that have a bunch of 11.1

All those guys you mentioned are 4.5 guys. I bet they are no where near 11.5. 11.5 is pathetic. You act like its unheard of for a high school to have 4-5 guys that run 11.1 or better. Go look at Miami Northeastern.... Go look at Miami pace when that had Kayvon Webster and those guys on that relay. Look at the relay team Portis was on in canesville. Look at amerivan heritage this year with Campbell, Schwartz, curtain and some other dude. They all can run 11.1 or better. I bet St Thomas has 4-5 guys who can run 11.1 or better. Miami North western has a 48 quarter mildest, a hurdler that runs a 36.04, another lamb is there etc. etc. They always have a bunch of dudes that can run. They all may run the 100 every week cause they don't need them too. It's pretty common for some big schools to have 4-5 guys running 11.1 or better. Maybe common is not there right word to use but its certainly not out the question for a HS to have that kinda speed. If a HS has it why the he'll would a big time university recruit a CB with 11.5 speed? That's ridiculous.

11.1 is plenty fast enough to be a stud CB in college. That's what Bandy ran.

End thread.

Name some studs who ran 11.1 or worse then.

No I was just breaking it down. lol. Pretty sure I made that clear if you read what I said correctly. I'm aware of guys having different splits. Some coaches even have faster guys run longer legs giving slower guys less distance to run. Bottom line is it's not uncommon for a big school to have 4

Lmao. Y'all don't get it. Some coaches will break down the 4x1 or any other relay like that to give his athletes perspective or to make a slower guy feel better. Like running as 3:20 mile relay is every body running a 50....doesn't mean everyone runs a 50 that's just how its broken down for perspective. If you've played sports you'd know this and certainly don't need any praise from y'all. And btw I didn't break suit down wrong and 44.4 is everybody running or having an 11.1 split. The fact that you mentioning blocks just tells me y'all lost as ****.

Fvck sakes dude, guys know what they ran. I ran the 4x800, think I didn't realize the diff between my 2:03 and our anchor's 1:54? Do you think it slipped my mind that he was a top guy in the state and I was a decent guy in the county? Nope, just average those times out...that's what I ran!

I get your point about an average time, but you really are just making it worse. Me and 3 olympians can run a 40 second 4x100, does that make me fast enough to run D1 track?

Smh. It sounds Moronic to you cause you lack understanding. That's normal. I've already said if you run 11.1 it doesn't mean you suck at football. I'm under the impression that everyone here wants championship caliber players. I don't know of any championship caliber defenses/offensesd that have a bunch of 11.1

All those guys you mentioned are 4.5 guys. I bet they are no where near 11.5. 11.5 is pathetic. You act like its unheard of for a high school to have 4-5 guys that run 11.1 or better. Go look at Miami Northeastern.... Go look at Miami pace when that had Kayvon Webster and those guys on that relay. Look at the relay team Portis was on in canesville. Look at amerivan heritage this year with Campbell, Schwartz, curtain and some other dude. They all can run 11.1 or better. I bet St Thomas has 4-5 guys who can run 11.1 or better. Miami North western has a 48 quarter mildest, a hurdler that runs a 36.04, another lamb is there etc. etc. They always have a bunch of dudes that can run. They all may run the 100 every week cause they don't need them too. It's pretty common for some big schools to have 4-5 guys running 11.1 or better. Maybe common is not there right word to use but its certainly not out the question for a HS to have that kinda speed. If a HS has it why the he'll would a big time university recruit a CB with 11.5 speed? That's ridiculous.

End thread.

Deion Sanders
Darrelle Revis
Richard Sherman
Champ Bailey
Desmond Howard
Pat Peterson

Advertisement
didnt someone post dalvin cook's 100 meter time from high school as an 11.24 or something?

Cook ran that bs in 10th grade... cook ran a 10.9 and low 22 200m These guys don't always post the correct info. Better to do your own research.... go to flmilepslit and look up cook

End thread.

Deion Sanders
Darrelle Revis
Richard Sherman
Champ Bailey
Desmond Howard
Pat Peterson

Deon Sanders was a low 10 100m guy. Desmond Howard played wr. LMAO. Pat Johnson ran faster than 11.1 I remember him and denard Robinson going at it..... You full of **** with the others guys. So basically you can't name one player to back up your silly claim.

Deon Sanders? Are you ***** serious? lmao Champ bailey owns some sprint records at UGA but yea he runs 11.1 or worse. (lmao)

Fvck sakes dude, guys know what they ran. I ran the 4x800, think I didn't realize the diff between my 2:03 and our anchor's 1:54? Do you think it slipped my mind that he was a top guy in the state and I was a decent guy in the county? Nope, just average those times out...that's what I ran!

I get your point about an average time, but you really are just making it worse. Me and 3 olympians can run a 40 second 4x100, does that make me fast enough to run D1 track?

What? Your last sentence tells me you are clueless to my point. Just forget the " avg" comment for a second which I tossed in there cause I thought you guys could relate but obviously I was wrong. Should have known better.

Let's look at American heritage's 4x1 team. Tyson Campbell, Patrick surtain, Monte parker and Anthony Swartz. All 4 of those guys run 11.1 or better in the 100m. All the examples I gave are just like that. Miami Northwestern he'll look at Christopher Columbus with bandy, jobe, Henderson and I forget the other guys name. All 11.1 or better. Not real hard to understand this simple concept.

Only retards compare absolute track speed as some definitive measure for football players performance in the future. Like fūcktarded senile versions of Al Davis.

What was Sean Taylor's 100 time? Or Ed Reed's. Demarcus Van Dyke could blow those two out of the water in the 100. What does that tell you.

It's not about being soft

I don't see anyone dealing with absolutes in this thread. I saw one guy claim 11.1 isn't all that greats which it isn't. Not sure what reed or Taylor ran in there 100 but it was probably better than 11.1. Anyways....running 11.1 doesn't mean you suck at football.

Sean ran an official 10.77--100m and 21.56--200m he was fast and considering his size really fast as both his 100m and 200m were under the national elite high school standard.

"Taylor won the state 2A 100-meter dash in 2000 and was also one of the state's top 400-meter dash sprinters."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Taylor

This Richner kid can play ball and hit hard unlike VanDyke in HS. But then again VanDyke made it into the pros?

My buddy was on the track team when Sean was at UM. He said Sean came out one day and tried the triple jump for the first time in his life. He beat the UM all time record on his second jump. He was as elite an athlete as he was a football player.

Nick Saban has fake hair? Do you mean on his head or does he wear a gherkin?

Advertisement
Only retards compare absolute track speed as some definitive measure for football players performance in the future. Like fūcktarded senile versions of Al Davis.

What was Sean Taylor's 100 time? Or Ed Reed's. Demarcus Van Dyke could blow those two out of the water in the 100. What does that tell you.

It's not about being soft

I don't see anyone dealing with absolutes in this thread. I saw one guy claim 11.1 isn't all that greats which it isn't. Not sure what reed or Taylor ran in there 100 but it was probably better than 11.1. Anyways....running 11.1 doesn't mean you suck at football.

Sean ran an official 10.77--100m and 21.56--200m he was fast and considering his size really fast as both his 100m and 200m were under the national elite high school standard.

"Taylor won the state 2A 100-meter dash in 2000 and was also one of the state's top 400-meter dash sprinters."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Taylor

This Richner kid can play ball and hit hard unlike VanDyke in HS. But then again VanDyke made it into the pros?

My buddy was on the track team when Sean was at UM. He said Sean came out one day and tried the triple jump for the first time in his life. He beat the UM all time record on his second jump. He was as elite an athlete as he was a football player.

Nick Saban has fake hair? Do you mean on his head or does he wear a merkin?

If Bandy is running 11.1 in February/March he'll be sub 11 by May/June which is in line with what slot corners run.

This PAR dude still doesn't understand that a team of 4 guys running a 44 second 4x100 doesn't equate to the 4 guys on average being able to run 11 second individual 100 meters due to the fact that the slowest portion of a 100 meter run is the first 10 or so meters out of the block. That portion is also largely negated in the 4x100 since legs 2-4 are all already running when they receive the baton.

Shocking for a guy who supposedly knows so much about track.

This PAR dude still doesn't understand that a team of 4 guys running a 44 second 4x100 doesn't equate to the 4 guys on average being able to run 11 second individual 100 meters due to the fact that the slowest portion of a 100 meter run is the first 10 or so meters out of the block. That portion is also largely negated in the 4x100 since legs 2

gcanes44 jumping in here making an irrelevant meaningless point but ill bite one last time.

44.4 is everybody running an 11.1 on avg.... it doesn't mean every leg of that relay has 11.1 speed...... and you can manipulate splits by where you give and get the baton in the exchange zone. Anyways... here's the point that you people fail to get. American heritage has 4 guys on it's relay team who can run 11.1 or better. Monte Parker, Anthony Swartz, Tyson Campbell and Patrick Sustain.
Miami Northwestern can also make this claim. Columbus with Jobe, Henderson, bandy and I forget who the third guy is can also make this claim as can several other schools across the state.

Advertisement

What? Your last sentence tells me you are clueless to my point. Just forget the " avg" comment for a second which I tossed in there cause I thought you guys could relate but obviously I was wrong. Should have known better.

Let's look at American heritage's 4x1 team. Tyson Campbell, Patrick surtain, Monte parker and Anthony Swartz. All 4 of those guys run 11.1 or better in the 100m. All the examples I gave are just like that. Miami Northwestern he'll look at Christopher Columbus with bandy, jobe, Henderson and I forget the other guys name. All 11.1 or better. Not real hard to understand this simple concept.

How do you feel about Camron Davis' speed? He's put up some pretty impressive electronic 40 times, yet at this same meet he ran 11.34. Guys like him are dime a dozen right? You're too caught up in how many people can run fast. Even if I give you that the number of guys that run 11.1 are plentiful, how many of those guys look like Bandy on the field. That's what we're talking about here. Fast guys aren't always good football players. You know this. It isn't hard.

How do you feel about Camron Davis' speed? He's put up some pretty impressive electronic 40 times, yet at this same meet he ran 11.34. Guys like him are dime a dozen right? You're too caught up in how many people can run fast. Even if I give you that the number of guys that run 11.1 are plentiful, how many of those guys look like Bandy on the field. That's what we're talking about here. Fast guys aren't always good football players. You know this. It isn't hard.

Davis may not be in track shape yet. I dunno but I'd like to see him post a time faster than 11.3. he may be missing a lot of practice due to all these football camps. It's not like he's a Charlie Jones. A guy who looked slow and didn't bother to run track. Same with Lovon Ponder.

Have you watched games of Bandy or just some highlight tape or hype video?

Advertisement

Deion Sanders
Darrelle Revis
Richard Sherman
Champ Bailey
Desmond Howard
Pat Peterson

Deon Sanders was a low 10 100m guy. Desmond Howard played wr. LMAO. Pat Johnson ran faster than 11.1 I remember him and denard Robinson going at it..... You full of **** with the others guys. So basically you can't name one player to back up your silly claim.

Deon Sanders? Are you ***** serious? lmao Champ bailey owns some sprint records at UGA but yea he runs 11.1 or worse. (lmao)

Pat Johnson no way ran faster than 11.1. He was known for his playmaking ability and size, NOT his speed. Deion Sanders sucked at running track. He had football speed and unbelievable 10 meter recovery/closing speed. What about Revis? Sherman? Howard? You didn't respond to any of these other names i listed.

You know you're just talking out of your *** now to defend your idiotic viewpoint. Bandy is plenty fast enough to be a stud here at Miami.

If Bandy is running 11.1 in February/March he'll be sub 11 by May/June which is in line with what slot corners run.

Remember Malek Young who they say has excellent speed as a corner has two 10.9--100m times in high school so Bandy is close to that.

Cameron Davis last year posted a best of 11.06......his 11.34 his year was into a 2.8 mps head wind.

100m... 11.21... (-2.2)... Feb 18....Louie Bing Classic V P----using the formula by USTAFF this would be 11.09 with no wind.

100m... 11.43... (-2.8)... Mar 3...... Sam Burley Hall of Fame Invitational ----the formula yields 11.03 with no wind

As mentioned previously it is early in the track year. I look for 10.9's this year

Deion Sanders
Darrelle Revis
Richard Sherman
Champ Bailey
Desmond Howard
Pat Peterson

Pat Johnson no way ran faster than 11.1. He was known for his playmaking ability and size, NOT his speed. Deion Sanders sucked at running track. He had football speed and unbelievable 10 meter recovery/closing speed. What about Revis? Sherman? Howard? You didn't respond to any of these other names i listed.

You know you're just talking out of your *** now to defend your idiotic viewpoint. Bandy is plenty fast enough to be a stud here at Miami.

I don't think you realize how dumb you look. Deon Sanders sucked at track? ok. And Sherman was 13.9 hurdler, 23' long jumper and ran 10.7 100m. Patrick Johnson ran no faster than 11.1? lmao ok.

Advertisement
Back