Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Advertisement
Sean never won the 100 meters at state. I was in the same class and a kid from Astronaut won 11th and 12th grade years. Don't trust Wikipedia.

[url=http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/track

Says he ran a 50 in the quarter so as a junior he should have easily broken 50 maybe high 48 as a sr. I would say Taylor could have easily broken 11 in the 100

I don't know what he ran at random meets but he never ran the 100 at state that I saw. I looked at the 2002 regional meet and it shows the winners from the previous year from each event and Sean ran a 11.5 to win the 100. Astronaut, Suncoast had to speed then for the open 100 and 200. In 2000 Warrick Dunn younger twin brothers finished behind the top guys. Travis and Briscon Smothers from Tampa Catholic. My senior year the 100 had Yamon Figurs too. Florida state meets are always deep with talent

11.5 and below isn't as bad as some make it out to be. That's plenty fast for most skill positions, in particular when you consider the fact that these guys play multiple sports. Were they to focus on track specifically, those times would drop as they would be molding their body for track, not both sports. Then there's the fact that some carry the football pads better than others. Additionally, some reach their too end quicker than others and you don't need 100 meters in football, never mind 200.

11.5 is awful... ideally you want 11.0 or better depending on some things.... really under 11

As a dual sport athlete, in particular when someone is football first, I stand by what I said. It isn't elite, but you would be shocked at how many skill position players are in the 11 to 11.5 range apparently by what you've said. Nobody ever claimed that range is elite, but it's common.

Advertisement
11.5 and below isn't as bad as some make it out to be. That's plenty fast for most skill positions, in particular when you consider the fact that these guys play multiple sports. Were they to focus on track specifically, those times would drop as they would be molding their body for track, not both sports. Then there's the fact that some carry the football pads better than others. Additionally, some reach their too end quicker than others and you don't need 100 meters in football, never mind 200.

11.5 is awful... ideally you want 11.0 or better depending on some things.... really under 11

As a dual sport athlete, in particular when someone is football first, I stand by what I said. It isn't elite, but you would be shocked at how many skill position players are in the 11 to 11.5 range apparently by what you've said. Nobody ever claimed that range is elite, but it's common.

Hallelujah. First time in history this doofus has said something right. 11 or 11.1 is fine for a college CB. 10.5 and under is world class speed. 10.8 is elite college level speed.

I'd like to see some examples. That may be true in high school but a team full of 11-11.5 guys in college at the d-1 level? I find that hard to believe and if that's the case that team sucks

Hallelujah. First time in history this doofus has said something right. 11 or 11.1 is fine for a college CB. 10.5 and under is world class speed. 10.8 is elite college level speed.

Not sure where you got those numbers from but to each their own.

Not sure where you got those numbers from but to each their own.

Just made em up. I look at what i see on film. Bandy looks no different than your typical stud S FL cornerback prospect in terms of his speed. His main concern is his size. If he was 6ft 180, he would have been a top 100 kid.

Advertisement

I'd like to see some examples. That may be true in high school but a team full of 11-11.5 guys in college at the d-1 level? I find that hard to believe and if that's the case that team sucks

running the 100 meters sub 11 seconds is probably not as common or easy as you think, I ran track in high school all 4 years and only a handfull of guys in conference did it on a regular basis at meets, then when electronic timing started at the big sectionals and state meets a lot guys who thought they were sub 11 seconds really weren't.

I ran track in HS and college. At that level it is pretty common. **** we had 5 guys on the squad running 11.1 or better. In some years more. Go look at the 4 x 100 times across the state of Florida. Lost of schools running under 44.4 which is everybody running a 11.1. Of course that can be offset by a super fast guy or two but the fact remains it's pretty common at your bigger schools. Some of these school are running 42 and under which is 10.5 for each leg. If you look at some of track meets and look at the times not uncommon for one school to have more than one athlete under 11.1. if you want a championship level team you better have skill guys running better than 11.1 a..a.especially 11.5 lol

I ran track in HS and college. At that level it is pretty common. **** we had 5 guys on the squad running 11.1 or better. In some years more. Go look at the 4 x 100 times across the state of Florida. Lost of schools running under 44.4 which is everybody running a 11.1. Of course that can be offset by a super fast guy or two but the fact remains it's pretty common at your bigger schools. Some of these school are running 42 and under which is 10.5 for each leg. If you look at some of track meets and look at the times not uncommon for one school to have more than one athlete under 11.1. if you want a championship level team you better have skill guys running better than 11.1 a..a.especially 11.5 lol

Did you really just equate 4 guys running 11.1 in the 100 being the same as a 44.4 in the 4x100 relay? You are aware they don't pass the baton to the next person in the blocks, correct? When the USA national team runs a 37 second relay you're under the impression they can each run the open 100 in 9.25, correct?

Advertisement

Did you really just equate 4 guys running 11.1 in the 100 being the same as a 44.4 in the 4x100 relay? You are aware they don't pass the baton to the next person in the blocks, correct? When the USA national team runs a 37 second relay you're under the impression they can each run the open 100 in 9.25, correct?

This guy is just a fūcking moron that doesn't understand track OR football. Bandy is plenty fast, and especially plenty football fast, to excel as a DB. The rest is just this moron, [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] showing his bottomless ignorance.

No I was just breaking it down. lol. Pretty sure I made that clear if you read what I said correctly. I'm aware of guys having different splits. Some coaches even have faster guys run longer legs giving slower guys less distance to run. Bottom line is it's not uncommon for a big school to have 4-5 guys running 11.1 or better

Last edited:

This guy is just a fūcking moron that doesn't understand track OR football. Bandy is plenty fast, and especially plenty football fast, to excel as a DB. The rest is just this moron, [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] showing his bottomless ignorance.

Smh. It sounds Moronic to you cause you lack understanding. That's normal. I've already said if you run 11.1 it doesn't mean you suck at football. I'm under the impression that everyone here wants championship caliber players. I don't know of any championship caliber defenses/offensesd that have a bunch of 11.1-11.5 guys. If you know of any point them out.

Advertisement

Smh. It sounds Moronic to you cause you lack understanding. That's normal. I've already said if you run 11.1 it doesn't mean you suck at football. I'm under the impression that everyone here wants championship caliber players. I don't know of any championship caliber defenses/offensesd that have a bunch of 11.1-11.5 guys. If you know of any point them out.

Would you consider Rolle, Rumph, Elder, and many others good DB's in college? I don't have their times in hand, but I would bet they were all 11 to 11.5 in the 100.

4 or 5 guys running 11.1 or better isn't the norm or even close to it. As a former proclaimed track guy, you should know that and I don't even know why I'm bothering with this.

Smh. It sounds Moronic to you cause you lack understanding. That's normal. I've already said if you run 11.1 it doesn't mean you suck at football. I'm under the impression that everyone here wants championship caliber players. I don't know of any championship caliber defenses/offensesd that have a bunch of 11.1

All those guys you mentioned are 4.5 guys. I bet they are no where near 11.5. 11.5 is pathetic. You act like its unheard of for a high school to have 4-5 guys that run 11.1 or better. Go look at Miami Northeastern.... Go look at Miami pace when that had Kayvon Webster and those guys on that relay. Look at the relay team Portis was on in canesville. Look at amerivan heritage this year with Campbell, Schwartz, curtain and some other dude. They all can run 11.1 or better. I bet St Thomas has 4-5 guys who can run 11.1 or better. Miami North western has a 48 quarter mildest, a hurdler that runs a 36.04, another lamb is there etc. etc. They always have a bunch of dudes that can run. They all may run the 100 every week cause they don't need them too. It's pretty common for some big schools to have 4-5 guys running 11.1 or better. Maybe common is not there right word to use but its certainly not out the question for a HS to have that kinda speed. If a HS has it why the he'll would a big time university recruit a CB with 11.5 speed? That's ridiculous.

Smh. It sounds Moronic to you cause you lack understanding. That's normal. I've already said if you run 11.1 it doesn't mean you suck at football. I'm under the impression that everyone here wants championship caliber players. I don't know of any championship caliber defenses/offensesd that have a bunch of 11.1

All those guys you mentioned are 4.5 guys. I bet they are no where near 11.5. 11.5 is pathetic. You act like its unheard of for a high school to have 4-5 guys that run 11.1 or better. Go look at Miami Northeastern.... Go look at Miami pace when that had Kayvon Webster and those guys on that relay. Look at the relay team Portis was on in canesville. Look at amerivan heritage this year with Campbell, Schwartz, curtain and some other dude. They all can run 11.1 or better. I bet St Thomas has 4-5 guys who can run 11.1 or better. Miami North western has a 48 quarter mildest, a hurdler that runs a 36.04, another lamb is there etc. etc. They always have a bunch of dudes that can run. They all may run the 100 every week cause they don't need them too. It's pretty common for some big schools to have 4-5 guys running 11.1 or better. Maybe common is not there right word to use but its certainly not out the question for a HS to have that kinda speed. If a HS has it why the he'll would a big time university recruit a CB with 11.5 speed? That's ridiculous.

11.1 is plenty fast enough to be a stud CB in college. That's what Bandy ran.

End thread.

Advertisement
Back