South Florida will produce even better prospects when our high school coaches get paid better

Bruh… up here, we’ll be in coaching meetings on Sunday from like 12:00n to 7:00pm. **** sometimes it’s like 8:00p, 9:00p or later. EVEN IF we have watched the film and broken it down after the game. Dem old school coaches, be set in their ways. 🤦🏾‍♂️. According to who the coach is you may have to come in on Saturday. Breaking down every play from every down of ERRY drive ..all day long, and then go out there on Friday night and get your **** pushed in. 🤣😂🤣. Makes u think and drink, mane.
sheesh that is crazyyy.

Yea south florida we aint likely doing that. Might watch on saturday but it **** sure wont be a 12-7pm sort of thing, usually early morning to 12 or 1 the latest. (thats including game and next week prep)
I did what i did and seldom even went on saturday(position coach). I would take my notes and just send to the OC. lol

Yea sounds like ****..but i guess we dont do it in south florida considering we wasnt on payroll or received a stipend..basically considered volunteer and paying to coach.

Advertisement
Man, there was a coaching school (aka a big coaching convention) in San Antonio these last few days. I heard that basically, if you have a bachelor degree, you could have walked in and got a job. So I’m sure @Coach Macho could have named the job he wanted and gotten it based on his experience lol. There’s a ton of places hiring. The pay is solid, but a lot of ppl are leaving the teaching field in general right now.
I'm one foot out. I'm six figure right now but close to that age 40 number. Education did help me get a nice house in DC area about 8 years ago for a little more than half off and another rental in Baltimore using a similar incentive. It's just not worth it in 2021. I could see computers pushing teachers out of certain positions. I do feel for teachers who are just starting out. I like the time off because I can trade stocks and invest/visit potential rental properties more than I did in my last 20s and early 30s when I felt more connected to my job and obligated to be at every school event.

Last edited:
Lol, have you actually taught
I assume from your response you teach, and no, I have not. What did I say that is inaccurate? I have been under the impression they get those days off. The schedule seems pretty nice to me, especially considering I’ve worked weekends and most holidays my adult life. But if I’m inaccurate, please correct me.

Advertisement
sheesh that is crazyyy.

Yea south florida we aint likely doing that. Might watch on saturday but it **** sure wont be a 12-7pm sort of thing, usually early morning to 12 or 1 the latest. (thats including game and next week prep)
I did what i did and seldom even went on saturday(position coach). I would take my notes and just send to the OC. lol

Yea sounds like ****..but i guess we dont do it in south florida considering we wasnt on payroll or received a stipend..basically considered volunteer and paying to coach.
Yeah, exactly. Don’t blame you one bit, Cuzz.

Advertisement
I still live in the area just not Buford. Not even sure what you mean by pull... you still need a valid reason to attend schools in another district. They do have a program to allow lower income fams to attend other schools but Buford is a nightmare to get to for anyone ITP. I would think Miami schools wax out of state comp more often than any other area and if you got your pick of whether your going to get your recruits from Gwinnet or Dade... well. Hall county might be a factor if we were talking about hunting, fishing and pig grooming teams.

You put Jess in charge of any of those SFL schools and it would dominate.
What I mean by pull is part of Hall and Gwinnett County are districts of Buford City Schools so kids can go there without paying tuition. Buford is an open enrollment school. You don’t need any reason to go there. If you’re out of district you just have to pay tuition assuming you get accepted. It’s the reason why Buford is playing in 6A when they have 5A numbers because of the multiplier by GHSA. But Buford will be in 7A before too long. And lots of Bufords big time players come from Hall county. I know a lot of their boosters

What I mean by pull is part of Hall and Gwinnett County are districts of Buford City Schools so kids can go there without paying tuition. Buford is an open enrollment school. You don’t need any reason to go there. If you’re out of district you just have to pay tuition assuming you get accepted. It’s the reason why Buford is playing in 6A when they have 5A numbers because of the multiplier by GHSA. But Buford will be in 7A before too long. And lots of Bufords big time players come from Hall county. I know a lot of their boosters
Buford is a machine of a sports program. They are sucking the best players out of Gwinnett and Hall. its almost unfair what Buford is doing and its not just in football.

Advertisement
Yeah they definitely got a factory going there in sports.
So as an Open Enrollment school are they not subject to the same transfer limitations as other schools? Seems like a massive loophole.
What other differences exist by being an Open Enrollment school?

I assume from your response you teach, and no, I have not. What did I say that is inaccurate? I have been under the impression they get those days off. The schedule seems pretty nice to me, especially considering I’ve worked weekends and most holidays my adult life. But if I’m inaccurate, please correct me.
I mean, you didn't say anything factually inaccurate, teachers do get all of that time off. But it's rarely as simple as just being done at 3 pm and going home for the day. You have extra help, lesson planning (and making sure you know everything that you're teaching), all sorts of meetings, any extracurricular activities you may be involved in (whether it's coaching, advising a club/organization). In fact, a lot of teachers have to be told to work less and stop micromanaging and stressing about every little thing, which winds up driving teachers out of the profession.

A lot of times, teachers merely need the time off just to recharge, not like it's all wildin out. And if you coach, shrink that time off significantly because you're usually at the school during the summer for workouts. It is a lot.

So as an Open Enrollment school are they not subject to the same transfer limitations as other schools? Seems like a massive loophole.
What other differences exist by being an Open Enrollment school?
They have the same transfer requirements but the limitations are different. Like say school ‘A’ isn’t open enrollment. The only way the student can play football he has to live in that district. Well school ‘B’ is open enrollment so all the student parents have to do is pay a tuition to the school and he can play football there. The school my daughter goes to is open enrollment and she lives outside the district so me and her mother pay tuition for her to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
ZCanes, where do you teach and what AP/AICE classes do you teach? I’m at Santaluces High and teach Anatomy Honors and AICE PE
LXA I’m at Boca High. I teach AP Seminar and AICE Global Perspectives. I used to teach up in your parts when I was at Odyssey Middle.

Other than a concentration of players. I lived in Buford for 8 years and I am shocked that they have such a good football team every year. Its for the most part back woods truck driving bass fishing young families. Likely not even 20K pop. I am also from Lauderhill and Winter Haven... Buford aint no Lauderhill.. it aint even a Winter Haven. I do think SFL coaching is subpar because they should never lose out to out of state team. No one has their players.
Huh?
On paper we definitely should've lost to Buford.
They had a RB committed to Texas, 4-star Aaron McLaughlin at Quarterback and their whole O-line was P5.
They also had a bunch of D1 kids on defense including our very own Jalar Holley.

South Florida schools don't leave the state to play trash. They generally play OOS powerhouses that have D1 talent.

I still live in the area just not Buford. Not even sure what you mean by pull... you still need a valid reason to attend schools in another district. They do have a program to allow lower income fams to attend other schools but Buford is a nightmare to get to for anyone ITP. I would think Miami schools wax out of state comp more often than any other area and if you got your pick of whether your going to get your recruits from Gwinnet or Dade... well. Hall county might be a factor if we were talking about hunting, fishing and pig grooming teams.

You put Jess in charge of any of those SFL schools and it would dominate.

Dude...
He built the Buford team that we (Deerfield) beat...
On the road...
After an 11 hour bus ride...
In front of a packed stadium...
And a $200k+ coaching staff.

He couldn't dominate a poor South Florida public school, with every advantage in the world, but he's somehow gonna build a dominant program down here with significantly less resources?

Also @Coach Macho if you need your fix of Hispanic women, Houston is your spot as far as Texas goes. Fairly diverse. I just moved down here for my new coaching gig.
Really now?

rubbing hands GIF

Advertisement
Back