South Florida will produce even better prospects when our high school coaches get paid better

Goulds Cane

Senior
I was on Twitter snooping & randomly saw this job opening

This made me so mad. Southside High in San Antonio, Texas is a middle of the pack Texas team in one of the weakest areas in the state (San Antonio), and their defensive coordinator with 0 years experience is getting paid $56k yearly with a $10k stipend. SOUTH FLORIDA COACHES BASICALLY HAVE TO PAY TO COACH.

If coaches were given more of a reason to give a f*ck about their jobs, and thus the coaching/development was even better, can you IMAGINE how much better the prospects would be???? Keep in mind we already have the best football players in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My high school pays the HC around 170k and coordinators around 80k. Also just opened an IPF. Public school in GA.
Yeah we have an IPF too and a public school and we just got our former assistant to leave a group 5 school as an assistant coach to come back and be our head coach

Yeah we have an IPF too and a public school and we just got our former assistant to leave a group 5 school as an assistant coach to come back and be our head coach
Your school is in the same region as mine. I think this year we are going to come out on the winning side of it.

Advertisement
Don't you have to be a teacher to be the head coach of any varsity sport in PA? Believe that's how it was when I was in HS, could be mistaken.
Probably need some sort of degree though. I could be wrong. One of my friends is a Physical therapist, and is a high school head basketball coach.

Advertisement
Back