South Florida will produce even better prospects when our high school coaches get paid better

That’s good for attracting first year teachers. Not so good for teachers who have been working for decades and still make the same amount though. My buddy and his wife were teachers in Florida and they specifically moved to Texas because the salaries were almost double. They went from a one bedroom condo in Broward to a four bedroom home in suburban Houston. The only way to make good money in Florida schools is to become an administrator but those positions are limited, require extra college and are incredibly stressful. If you want to be a teacher and not be broke, don’t come to Florida
Buddy, you're preaching to the choir. I was coaching in FL and not even a full-time teacher, I subbed while I tried to get my certification. My first year as a full-time teacher was this past year in TX and I made more just teaching with a small yearbook stipend than I would have by teaching and coaching in FL. This year, I'm coaching FB/track and teaching in the Houston area, and I'll probably make near or as much as some head coaches in FL. I don't say that to brag, just as a statement of fact.

It sucks, FL truly deserves higher pay for its teachers. TX should be the standard for teachers, not the ideal scenario for everyone to look up to.

Advertisement
What this thread is really touching on is how bad our school systems are, period. We dont pay the good teachers well enough, and we dont hold the bad teachers or lower performing students accountable. Even at the upper levels, Harvard MBA's might be great at quant models, or obscure theories, but they have zero common sense nor a broad knowledge of other topics.

What this thread is really touching on is how bad our school systems are, period. We dont pay the good teachers well enough, and we dont hold the bad teachers or lower performing students accountable. Even at the upper levels, Harvard MBA's might be great at quant models, or obscure theories, but they have zero common sense nor a broad knowledge of other topics.
Bad teachers get fired these days. Contracts are renewed on a year to year basis. Lower performing students can only be held back so much before they eventually just become someone else’s problem. Eventually they turn 16 and can drop out

Advertisement
**** teachers already get paid enough to work roughly half the year.

I'm kidding and that's not an argument I want to step into. Do any of you teachers here work side jobs or something fun for the summer?

My stipend as a Defensive Coordinator is $2000 per season. (broken down into 2 separate checks)

I immediately blow that on chicken wings, buckets of blue cheese and Latina hookers.
You ever thought about moving out of state for a better salary? Especially coaching at a powerhouse like Deerfield, I'm pretty sure a lot of schools would love to have you.

Advertisement
My stipend as a Defensive Coordinator is $2000 per season. (broken down into 2 separate checks)

I immediately blow that on chicken wings, buckets of blue cheese and Latina hookers.
Me too. Especially latina hookers, once in a while a thick red bone

Advertisement

When I was doing HS (3 years ago) my stipend was $7,500 as a DC, $4,500-$5,500 as a Varsity Asst. (Location) and making $3,500 as a Middle School HC. The trade off is having to live in Bumphucc, GA (USA). You win!

@Andrew did you get a new coach??? In 2019, Georgia had 44 high school football coaches making over $100k/year John Reid at Rome made about $130k that year.

Advertisement
You ever thought about moving out of state for a better salary? Especially coaching at a powerhouse like Deerfield, I'm pretty sure a lot of schools would love to have you.
**** yeah, but I feel like there's "unfinished business" to be done at Deerfield.
Plus I can't leave these Latin women. My dating life would be dry in rural Georgia. Living in Bradenton was bad enough.

I'd definitely consider it though. My buddy moved up there and is coaching at John's Creek HS.
His teaching salary is much higher and his stipend is $10k to coach a position.

**** yeah, but I feel like there's "unfinished business" to be done at Deerfield.
Plus I can't leave these Latin women. My dating life would be dry in rural Georgia. Living in Bradenton was bad enough.

I'd definitely consider it though. My buddy moved up there and is coaching at John's Creek HS.
His teaching salary is much higher and his stipend is $10k to coach a position.
Well Texas might be an option for you lol @DB4 @SouthParkCane you know anyone that’s hiring? Lol

Jess Simpson was making $174,107.65 at Buford
And still lost to a South Florida team who's entire staff makes $10k.

Laughter Laughing GIF

I'm just talkin ****. I think Simpson was gone that season.

But all jokes aside, this is a real issue.
A lot of people don't realize what South Florida teams are up against when they play teams from OOS.
Many of those OOS teams have bigger/higher paid staffs, better/more resources, better facilities, better fan support, better booster support, etc etc etc. And they have D1 players as well.

Honestly, there's no logically reason that a Dillard or Deerfield (for example) should beat a Buford. The school from South Florida has literally ZERO advantages.
Even the private schools like Heritage, STA and Gibbons barely have the resources many of these OOS schools do.

Advertisement
Back