South Florida will produce even better prospects when our high school coaches get paid better

Advertisement
And still lost to a South Florida team who's entire staff makes $10k.

Laughter Laughing GIF

I'm just talkin ****. I think Simpson was gone that season.

But all jokes aside, this is a real issue.
A lot of people don't realize what South Florida teams are up against when they play teams from OOS.
Many of those OOS teams have bigger/higher paid staffs, better/more resources, better facilities, better fan support, better booster support, etc etc etc. And they have D1 players as well.

Honestly, there's no logically reason that a Dillard or Deerfield (for example) should beat a Buford. The school from South Florida has literally ZERO advantages.
Even the private schools like Heritage, STA and Gibbons barely have the resources many of these OOS schools do.

Other than a concentration of players. I lived in Buford for 8 years and I am shocked that they have such a good football team every year. Its for the most part back woods truck driving bass fishing young families. Likely not even 20K pop. I am also from Lauderhill and Winter Haven... Buford aint no Lauderhill.. it aint even a Winter Haven. I do think SFL coaching is subpar because they should never lose out to out of state team. No one has their players.

Well Texas might be an option for you lol @DB4 @SouthParkCane you know anyone that’s hiring? Lol
Man, there was a coaching school (aka a big coaching convention) in San Antonio these last few days. I heard that basically, if you have a bachelor degree, you could have walked in and got a job. So I’m sure @Coach Macho could have named the job he wanted and gotten it based on his experience lol. There’s a ton of places hiring. The pay is solid, but a lot of ppl are leaving the teaching field in general right now.

Advertisement
Probably need some sort of degree though. I could be wrong. One of my friends is a Physical therapist, and is a high school head basketball coach.
Yeah to teach you have to have that degree, our head coach makes over a 100,000 a year and coordinators makes between 65 and 80 depending on experiences and teachers salaries start around 44k here..plus supplement for each sport your coach..

ZCanes, where do you teach and what AP/AICE classes do you teach? I’m at Santaluces High and teach Anatomy Honors and AICE PE
Palm Beach isn’t that bad. The county graciously voted for and instituted a penny tax that gave all teachers 2,500 with 0-5 years, 5,000 for 5-9 years, and $10,000 for 10+ years of experience. Also, I’m fortunate enough to teach AP and AICE classes so every student that passes earns me a “bonus” so overall I’m doing ok. I also make good money refereeing on the side. It’s a grind but I’m living relatively stable. Most football coaches are PE teachers or “security personnel” at the school so they do pull in the basic salary. However, for the work they do and the time that they put in their stipend of $5,000 is criminally low.

Yeah to teach you have to have that degree, our head coach makes over a 100,000 a year and coordinators makes between 65 and 80 depending on experiences and teachers salaries start around 44k here..plus supplement for each sport your coach..
Yes to teach in Pa you need the degree and pass a certification test to be a teacher.

Advertisement
Other than a concentration of players. I lived in Buford for 8 years and I am shocked that they have such a good football team every year. Its for the most part back woods truck driving bass fishing young families. Likely not even 20K pop. I am also from Lauderhill and Winter Haven... Buford aint no Lauderhill.. it aint even a Winter Haven. I do think SFL coaching is subpar because they should never lose out to out of state team. No one has their players.
Umm how long has it been since you lived there? Buford pulls from two counties and Gwinnett has plenty of talent. Just look at Grayson

Man, there was a coaching school (aka a big coaching convention) in San Antonio these last few days. I heard that basically, if you have a bachelor degree, you could have walked in and got a job. So I’m sure @Coach Macho could have named the job he wanted and gotten it based on his experience lol. There’s a ton of places hiring. The pay is solid, but a lot of ppl are leaving the teaching field in general right now.

I can see y; for all they have to endure, it’s a vastly underpaid gig.

**** yeah, but I feel like there's "unfinished business" to be done at Deerfield.
Plus I can't leave these Latin women. My dating life would be dry in rural Georgia. Living in Bradenton was bad enough.

I'd definitely consider it though. My buddy moved up there and is coaching at John's Creek HS.
His teaching salary is much higher and his stipend is $10k to coach a position.
That’s what I’m talking about Macho. The money is better here, but the trade off is straight ***. I’m married, sooo I aint looking at the dating scene….. well I probably shouldn’t be 😂🤣😂. So for that fact, it’s probably best that I live in rural nowhere. Once my son get a few years older, I may go back to HS. IDK. I do enjoy having my Sundays off to watch NFL and drink cold ones. Not having to come up with game plans and watching film all **** day.

Umm how long has it been since you lived there? Buford pulls from two counties and Gwinnett has plenty of talent. Just look at Grayson
I still live in the area just not Buford. Not even sure what you mean by pull... you still need a valid reason to attend schools in another district. They do have a program to allow lower income fams to attend other schools but Buford is a nightmare to get to for anyone ITP. I would think Miami schools wax out of state comp more often than any other area and if you got your pick of whether your going to get your recruits from Gwinnet or Dade... well. Hall county might be a factor if we were talking about hunting, fishing and pig grooming teams.

You put Jess in charge of any of those SFL schools and it would dominate.

Advertisement
Also @Coach Macho if you need your fix of Hispanic women, Houston is your spot as far as Texas goes. Fairly diverse. I just moved down here for my new coaching gig.

If you have a masters your starting salary is around 85-100k in palm beach. i know a PE teacher that is making that.

And still lost to a South Florida team who's entire staff makes $10k.

Laughter Laughing GIF

I'm just talkin ****. I think Simpson was gone that season.

But all jokes aside, this is a real issue.
A lot of people don't realize what South Florida teams are up against when they play teams from OOS.
Many of those OOS teams have bigger/higher paid staffs, better/more resources, better facilities, better fan support, better booster support, etc etc etc. And they have D1 players as well.

Honestly, there's no logically reason that a Dillard or Deerfield (for example) should beat a Buford. The school from South Florida has literally ZERO advantages.
Even the private schools like Heritage, STA and Gibbons barely have the resources many of these OOS schools do.

Which is crazy because yearly there are almost double digit south florida teams that would beat a Rome type school in Ga on a neutral field

Advertisement
That’s what I’m talking about Macho. The money is better here, but the trade off is straight ***. I’m married, sooo I aint looking at the dating scene….. well I probably shouldn’t be 😂🤣😂. So for that fact, it’s probably best that I live in rural nowhere. Once my son get a few years older, I may go back to HS. IDK. I do enjoy having my Sundays off to watch NFL and drink cold ones. Not having to come up with game plans and watching film all **** day.

Man i watched film either right after the game that night.

Or Saturdays iw as on cis, watching college football andon tv and film on computer/laptop

Man i watched film either right after the game that night.

Or Saturdays iw as on cis, watching college football andon tv and film on computer/laptop
Bruh… up here, we’ll be in coaching meetings on Sunday from like 12:00n to 7:00pm. **** sometimes it’s like 8:00p, 9:00p or later. EVEN IF we have watched the film and broken it down after the game. Dem old school coaches, be set in their ways. 🤦🏾‍♂️. According to who the coach is you may have to come in on Saturday. Breaking down every play from every down of ERRY drive ..all day long, and then go out there on Friday night and get your **** pushed in. 🤣😂🤣. Makes u think and drink, mane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back