South Florida will produce even better prospects when our high school coaches get paid better

Bruh… up here, we’ll be in coaching meetings on Sunday from like 12:00n to 7:00pm. **** sometimes it’s like 8:00p, 9:00p or later. EVEN IF we have watched the film and broken it down after the game. Dem old school coaches, be set in their ways. 🤦🏾‍♂️. According to who the coach is you may have to come in on Saturday. Breaking down every play from every down of ERRY drive ..all day long, and then go out there on Friday night and get your **** pushed in. 🤣😂🤣. Makes u think and drink, mane.
Bro my whole weekend is taken up by football.

Meetings/film Saturday morning with the coaches/team.
Then I go home and break all the Hudl **** down, tendencies, etc etc etc. All while I'm trying to watch college football.
Then Sunday I make a "game prep" packet for my kids that entails everything we need to know about next Friday's opponent, tendencies, any new calls/blitzes/coverages, etc etc etc. I then print-out about 30 of them. My entire weekend is spent on this BS.

Advertisement
Dude...
He built the Buford team that we (Deerfield) beat...
On the road...
After an 11 hour bus ride...
In front of a packed stadium...
And a $200k+ coaching staff.

He couldn't dominate a poor South Florida public school, with every advantage in the world, but he's somehow gonna build a dominant program down here with significantly less resources?

How does SFL have limited resources? Its literally the most fertile recruiting bed in the world every single year. My point was that having more blue chip players is a bigger advantage than paying your coaches.

If you have a masters your starting salary is around 85-100k in palm beach. i know a PE teacher that is making that.
Where are the receipts on this one? That makes no sense. I am from Palm Beach County. I've never heard of a salary that high outside of highest level admins.

FL just enacted a law making teacher's pay $47,500 to start.

Here's what those salary ranges end up looking like for MDCPS teachers as the years pass:

"It ain't all bad, but it ain't all good, either."

* Imagine starting a job at $47.5K base, and after a dozen years of experience (and inflation), you're max base salary is just a couple hundred dollars more than from where you started.

Advertisement
Where are the receipts on this one? That makes no sense. I am from Palm Beach County. I've never heard of a salary that high outside of highest level admins.

You were wise to call him out on this. It's all public information and he's nowhere near reality for classroom teachers (CTAs). No starting public school teacher with a master's degree makes $85K (in Palm Beach County, or any other county in this state).

Proof in the pudding.

* Per the link, they start at $50.5K. $47.5K base + $3K for a master's degree. There are always additional supplements that can drive that up some,. but the upper limit isn't even going to hit $65K.

I Hear ya. im from here too and know a bunch of teachers not making that. but she says she does, shes also the only teacher i know that has their masters so..

Not an expert but the reason but to me the reason SF produces so many football players has nothing to do with facilities nor coaches.
There are plenty of reasons and maybe someone will do a study someday, but is more about culture, environment and social economics.

The sport is embedded in the community and is instilled on kids from a very young age. Bringing high paid coaches that don't understand the neighborhoods or kids themselves won't help.

I mean, you didn't say anything factually inaccurate, teachers do get all of that time off. But it's rarely as simple as just being done at 3 pm and going home for the day. You have extra help, lesson planning (and making sure you know everything that you're teaching), all sorts of meetings, any extracurricular activities you may be involved in (whether it's coaching, advising a club/organization). In fact, a lot of teachers have to be told to work less and stop micromanaging and stressing about every little thing, which winds up driving teachers out of the profession.

A lot of times, teachers merely need the time off just to recharge, not like it's all wildin out. And if you coach, shrink that time off significantly because you're usually at the school during the summer for workouts. It is a lot.
Real good information, good to hear, and I appreciate it👍 Teachers are in a position to make a great impact as they are with kids more than parents. Good point coaching on top of it. Go Canes🙌

Advertisement
You were wise to call him out on this. It's all public information and he's nowhere near reality for classroom teachers (CTAs). No starting public school teacher with a master's degree makes $85K (in Palm Beach County, or any other county in this state).

Proof in the pudding.

* Per the link, they start at $50.5K. $47.5K base + $3K for a master's degree. There are always additional supplements that can drive that up some,. but the upper limit isn't even going to hit $65K.
This is correct.

Proof in the pudding.

She's lying.
I spoke to her she works at wellington High, and makes 100k she has been there for over 20 years, sorry i didnt know that and didnt care to ask at the time. she has her masters along with a bunch of other certifications. and she is a PE teacher. take that for whatever you want.

I spoke to her she works at wellington High, and makes 100k she has been there for over 20 years, sorry i didnt know that and didnt care to ask at the time. she has her masters along with a bunch of other certifications. and she is a PE teacher
if she makes 100k it's because she has a side hustle. Which is why I don't care to hear their complaints. Plenty of extra time to make money..

Advertisement
How does SFL have limited resources? Its literally the most fertile recruiting bed in the world every single year. My point was that having more blue chip players is a bigger advantage than paying your coaches.

Huh?
The ONLY advantage we ever have down here ARE THE PLAYERS. That's it.
We have less money than everybody else.
Worse facilities than everybody else.
Worse coaching pay than everybody else. (which leads to less detailed/committed coaching)

South Florida teams have ZERO advantages when lining-up against most OOS powers.

I just explained to you, the OOS teams that we play aren't void of talent.
Buford had more blue chip players than we did.

South Florida teams don't jump on planes/buses to go play scrub teams. LOL

Last edited:
Not an expert but the reason but to me the reason SF produces so many football players has nothing to do with facilities nor coaches.
There are plenty of reasons and maybe someone will do a study someday, but is more about culture, environment and social economics.

The sport is embedded in the community and is instilled on kids from a very young age. Bringing high paid coaches that don't understand the neighborhoods or kids themselves won't help.
Very good point.

Advertisement
My stipend as a Defensive Coordinator is $2000 per season. (broken down into 2 separate checks)

I immediately blow that on chicken wings, buckets of blue cheese and Latina hookers.
My stipend to be a DC freshman football coach was 2400. Not bad until you realize it was the same amount as one of the head coaches who had been at the school for over 20 years.

THIS PLUS 10000.

I think it has been documented many times....in shows like The Liberty City Warriors doc and others.

Its embedded here. I coached youth ball years back...one of our team moms was pregnant. Her son played, 2 daughters cheerlead etc...i look up on my timeline yesterday and her 4 year old is out back at the park full padded up... sh*t made me smile already because i actually played high school ball with his dad (who recently likely will be sitting in jail for the rest of his life) but this 4 yr old more than likely will end up a college football player of some sorts just from genetics and the mothers love for the sport.
These kids BEG to play football down here...its a rights of passage basically in south florida.

if she makes 100k it's because she has a side hustle. Which is why I don't care to hear their complaints. Plenty of extra time to make money..
Well you're wrong, on top of having that stupid opinion on not wanting to hear teacher complaints. The maximum base salary in Palm Beach Public Schools is $90k, plus anywhere from $3-6k for an advanced degree, plus a $10k supplement per year once you get to 10 years in the district. That doesn't include any extracurricular supplements they make from coaching or anything else.

Idk if you've ever taught or not but if you don't care to hear their complaints, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Advertisement
Back