South Florida will produce even better prospects when our high school coaches get paid better

Advertisement
My high school pays the HC around 170k and coordinators around 80k. Also just opened an IPF. Public school in GA.
At Rome? I gotta verify if Lowndes was even paying McPherson that much. That sounds like a lot, although Georgia pays a lot more than Florida. Hence why coaches will establish themselves here and then accept a job there.

Lol not in Florida. Average teacher salary is around $48k starting salary is around $32k
The governor of FL actually took time and did a good thing for once in 2020 when he signed a law to make the minimum teacher salary in the state $47,500. That still can't compete with the top salaries in Texas, it's more along the lines of smaller school districts, but it's a start at least.

At Rome? I gotta verify if Lowndes was even paying McPherson that much. That sounds like a lot, although Georgia pays a lot more than Florida. Hence why coaches will establish themselves here and then accept a job there.
GA salaries are also online so it's easy to lookup.

Advertisement
The governor of FL actually took time and did a good thing for once in 2020 when he signed a law to make the minimum teacher salary in the state $47,500. That still can't compete with the top salaries in Texas, it's more along the lines of smaller school districts, but it's a start at least.
So according to this FL pays higher minimum than TX so.....

Advertisement
Unfortunately that raise isn’t felt by veteran teachers though. He had to raise to stay competitive. Doesn’t matter though. Majority of counties have democrats running their school system and they’re all the same other than the guy who runs Miami - Dade and a couple others. All the others just find a way to give themselves and their hierarchy raises.

Unfortunately that raise isn’t felt by veteran teachers though. He had to raise to stay competitive. Doesn’t matter though. Majority of counties have democrats running their school system and they’re all the same other than the guy who runs Miami - Dade and a couple others. All the others just find a way to give themselves and their hierarchy raises.
As a Miami-Dade-public-school-teacher-turned-lawyer it also doesn't help (especially in a state like Florida, with no state income tax) when people unerringly vote to lower property taxes (thereby gutting the budget). If people want public school teachers getting paid, paying less across the board doesn't help.

tenor (24).gif

Advertisement
Should be a good game. We have some new coaches and three of our players got SEC offers this summer (UGA and UF).
Yeah we know it wouldn’t be long before you guys were back. We got Antonio Cromartie Jr transferred in. He is a freshman but should be a dynamic returner. Just haven’t got his dad height yet. Should be a great game like it usually is between us

I was on Twitter snooping & randomly saw this job opening

This made me so mad. Southside High in San Antonio, Texas is a middle of the pack Texas team in one of the weakest areas in the state (San Antonio), and their defensive coordinator with 0 years experience is getting paid $56k yearly with a $10k stipend. SOUTH FLORIDA COACHES BASICALLY HAVE TO PAY TO COACH.

If coaches were given more of a reason to give a f*ck about their jobs, and thus the coaching/development was even better, can you IMAGINE how much better the prospects would be???? Keep in mind we already have the best football players in the country.

Doesn’t south florida already produce the most best prospects of anywjere in the country?

Advertisement
That’s good for attracting first year teachers. Not so good for teachers who have been working for decades and still make the same amount though. My buddy and his wife were teachers in Florida and they specifically moved to Texas because the salaries were almost double. They went from a one bedroom condo in Broward to a four bedroom home in suburban Houston. The only way to make good money in Florida schools is to become an administrator but those positions are limited, require extra college and are incredibly stressful. If you want to be a teacher and not be broke, don’t come to Florida

Palm Beach isn’t that bad. The county graciously voted for and instituted a penny tax that gave all teachers 2,500 with 0-5 years, 5,000 for 5-9 years, and $10,000 for 10+ years of experience. Also, I’m fortunate enough to teach AP and AICE classes so every student that passes earns me a “bonus” so overall I’m doing ok. I also make good money refereeing on the side. It’s a grind but I’m living relatively stable. Most football coaches are PE teachers or “security personnel” at the school so they do pull in the basic salary. However, for the work they do and the time that they put in their stipend of $5,000 is criminally low.

Bay county FL head coaches make 80,000 + a year. They’re paid as administrators on a yearly contract. They do usually teach 1 or 2 weight lifting classes. High school Asst. coaches get paid 9% of a beginning teachers salary which is $43,000. + whatever the booster club pays each coach. Middle school football coaches make about $3,000 7% for a 6 game 8 week season.

Advertisement
Back