"sOuTh fLoRiDa pLaYeRs aRe oVerRaTeD & sOfT!"

That is how you turn them into men. My boxing coach was like that. Turned us into tough men.

A lot of the real tough football players from back in the day wouldn't even be making into junior high, let a lone high school now lol. Unless you are a perfect little rule follower they are looking to throw your *** out of school. They don't care if you are going to be the next Tom Brady, you get into a fight, or break a few little rules and you are lucky to not end up in Juvie.

I used to play basketball at local NYC basketball court about 10 years ago. There where a bunch of straight ballers that where 9-10 years old that would play on the other side of the court. A few of them where so good they would come and play with the older guys(a bunch of the older guys had d-1 schollys) sometimes. All of them ended up going to Juvie or at risk youth schools before they even made it to high school to really develop their talents. The kids that ended up going to play in college where nowhere near as athletic as the other kids, but they where "tamer".

That is obviously very anecdotal, but I have heard this same thing happening across the nation.

Kids need to learn discipline somewhere...very few are getting it at home these days.

Also, schools are war zones. The amount of paperwork and red tape that needs to be done for a school to actually do something with a recognized potential threat is incredible before there is something actionable that involves the police or anything outside of the school. **** seems ticky tack, but the worlds a crazy place right now and we need lots of reform in a lot of arenas...education and public safety being two of them.

Advertisement
Kids need to learn discipline somewhere...very few are getting it at home these days.

Also, schools are war zones. The amount of paperwork and red tape that needs to be done for a school to actually do something with a recognized potential threat is incredible before there is something actionable that involves the police or anything outside of the school. **** seems ticky tack, but the worlds a crazy place right now and we need lots of reform in a lot of arenas...education and public safety being two of them.

Are you kidding? Murder rates for this decade have been at an all time low.

Kicking a kid out of school for being boys is not discipline imo. If my kid has a problem with some kid. I would much rather him slug it out with the kid than go home and whine about it.

As far as red tape before police get involved that is 100% not true. I am not sure if you are purely referring to school shooters, in which case, you may be correct. However, I have seen kids get arrested at school purely for "verbal bullying". Cops get brought into school to arrest kids for things like marijuana which is decriminalized in my state all the time.

Kids are basically having their lives ruined for doing things that 50 years ago would just be considered boys being boys.

Are you kidding? Murder rates for this decade have been at an all time low.

Kicking a kid out of school for being boys is not discipline imo. If my kid has a problem with some kid. I would much rather him slug it out with the kid than go home and whine about it.

As far as red tape before police get involved that is 100% not true. I am not sure if you are purely referring to school shooters, in which case, you may be correct. However, I have seen kids get arrested at school purely for "verbal bullying". Cops get brought into school to arrest kids for things like marijuana which is decriminalized in my state all the time.

Kids are basically having their lives ruined for doing things that 50 years ago would just be considered boys being boys.

idk if you've heard, but white children are bringing guns into schools and shooting other students. There is infinite red tape to make something actionable against someone suspected of being problematic...this goes for males and females. They need to have a paper trail a mile long at this point. Ticky tack stuff is kind of necessary. Its the only thing that keeps communication between all parties.

I'm not saying its right, brother...or that I agree...I just understand. Blame the whites.

idk if you've heard, but white children are bringing guns into schools and shooting other students. There is infinite red tape to make something actionable against someone suspected of being problematic...this goes for males and females. They need to have a paper trail a mile long at this point. Ticky tack stuff is kind of necessary. Its the only thing that keeps communication between all parties.

I'm not saying its right, brother...or that I agree...I just understand. Blame the whites.

I am not sure if you misinterpreted my statement, but I am not saying "kids that go and massacre their entire high school should be allowed to stay on their HS football team". Going around massacring your HS is not "boys being boys" lol.

I agree they need to work harder on kids who come into schools blasting, but I don't think that requires you to start arrested kids for "bullying" or other things like that. That is just my opinion.

Who remembers the days the days when south Florida teams would consistently lose because they got out coached? I would love to see university of Miami and dolphins get the kind of coaching the high schools in south Florida have!!! Kids are not divas they out in a ton of work and want to be rewarded for that work with wins!!!
What are you talking about?
It still happens all the time when South Florida teams play out of state.

Advertisement
OTOWN BABY STAND UP. I will tell you this the Jones halftime show will be FIRE. Their band has always been amazing for a high school band. As the Jones vs MNW game I am thinking the first team to 21pts wins the game. MNW defense is fierce, but Jones's offense is like basketball on grass.

Apopka vs Columbus is gonna be an old school slug fest they both like to run the ball. I will say this I don't think Columbus has boyz that big(270+lbs) that can run like they do at APK.

Edgewater is just plain old want to and big plays all day. So that should be interesting against St. THOMAS.

Go Canes

MNW band was invited to the Florida Classics this year. Should be a good game on the field and in the stands.

Advertisement
Metro Orlando repping hard this year, 3 teams... I’m proud of the boys, I know so many on the jones and edgewater squads!

Going to be tough against sta and mnw...any given Saturday tho!
That’s great to see being a long time Orlando resident. All 3 are public schools too. Don’t quite have the Private school mercenary schools here...yet lol

What are you talking about?
It still happens all the time when South Florida teams play out of state.

Back in the day there were never runs on the states like now. I’m speaking to 30, 20 years ago. No three peats back in the day. But I hear ya with out of town stuff, can’t argue one way or the other.

Advertisement
No, those words have never been typed by me on this board, you assume that's what I think but I've never said that.

I think South Fla players are great football players, are they the best in the State, depends on the year, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

It appears as though I'm just super biased to South Fla players but I'm really not, I just don't have a visceral disdain for them like a lot of people on here do & am at least willing to not demonize & denigrate them as "soft overrated divas" like a lot of other people do just because our program has a difficulty landing the best players from the region. So to people who have an axe to grind against South Fla players it looks like I'm always defending them & sticking up for them, when in reality if they weren't always being bashed I wouldn't say anything about it all.

There are great Football players all over the country, I'm one of the main proponents on this board for us to forge a pipeline into Texas & Arizona for QB's & TX/Louisiana for DB's. I post on OOS prospects ALL THE TIME on here, I was the captain of the Tirek Austin-Cave fan club before he was even offered.

People have this perception of me that I'm a South Fla only & every place else sucks guy, that's 10,000% false & couldn't be further from the truth. You'll never see me on here saying "Cali players are soft!" Or "Them Georgia boys are overrated!" like people regularly do with South Fla kids. Any time I post anything positive or good about a player from Miami people immediately start attacking & looking to tear that player or players down, that doesn't happen with any other player from any other region on here lol.

Is the culture of South Fla football crazy & shady, of course, but where I separate from most is that I don't take it out on the players because they're just kids, 15-18 year old kids who have a sh*t ton of things going on around them pulling them in every direction, so sometimes they may make mistakes or do things that people don't like but they're still teenagers & people want to treat them like they're 40 year old men as if they didn't make mistakes & do stupid sh*t when they were the same age.

I don't like all the games & craziness that comes with recruiting South Fla players just as much as the rest of yall, the difference is I don't hold it against the kids & want them to be burned at the stake (metaphorically speaking lol) because of it, it's just the nature of the business & until we become a winning program with a competent staff we're not really in a position to hold a Spanish inquisition against the majority of our recruiting base.
Well said man...I always appreciate your perspective and thoughts on here. I find you’re pretty fair with your assessments and usually don’t get into the highs and lows and keep your thoughts level headed.

It's time for the University of Miami to start coaching south florida players the way south florida coaches do. Enough of these soft *** nice guy coaches. Anyone who played pop Warner or high school in Dade will tell you their coaches gave them ****. That's what the kids respond to. Not that soft *** **** we got at Miami right now.

**** dudes really hating.

I don’t have time to go back and pull every kid but literally every single year in south Florida there’s a 2 and 3 star kids who wind up getting drafted or playing very well in college.

That’s not debatable. South Florida had two star ****** like Louis Delmas unranked kids like Antonio Brown.

Not to mention the 4 and 5 stars.

QBs have gotten tremendously better in south Florida over the years as well

Advertisement
Soft Fl.boys weak,soft,lazy?Really Jerry Judey soft,second time All
American.Calvin Ridley soft two time All American.The list goes on
and on.Publish what U of M FB asst.coaches are paid and then publish
what LSU,Bama and Clemson are paying.Aranda at LSU is rumored to
make $2mil,Venable at Clemson near $2mil

Good stuff. I guess I need to give a shoutout to Marietta and Lowndes County GA for beat two of these teams.

Ya obviously Sofla talent, esp individual talent speaks for itself...But these sofla teams got boat raced by some national teams this year. Even MNW who is top 2 to 3 in all of Sofla no matter how you slice it (Columbus and STA?) and possibly the best wasn't competitive? I'm not sure I can believe they are a top 10 team nationally with how those games went. I believe they have as much or more talent but obviously the coaching is lacking.

Advertisement
Back