American.Calvin Ridley soft two time All American.The list goes on
and on.Publish what U of M FB asst.coaches are paid and then publish
what LSU,Bama and Clemson are paying.Aranda at LSU is rumored to
make $2mil,Venable at Clemson near $2mil
This was hard to read.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Another thing is schools are insanely strict right now. One or 2 fights and you will get kicked out of school, no matter how good at football you are. A lot of the great tough kids from the hoods are getting kicked out of school before they can get to college. So we are stuck with the softer kids. This is not just florida, it is nationwide. I never would have made it through HS if I went to school now a days.

As a high school discipline Dean, if you truly believe that a kid has to get in a fight at school instead of being smart enough to wait until after school, to be considered tough and dog player.? I don't know what to say to that. Ridiculous. Every Young man should be taught and coached to handle That type of business in the smart way. Use your head. By the same measure then if a kid doesn't hold his hand in the game and swings, he's a tough guy. But it's alright even though he gets flagged or tossed. The head is better than the hands any day. Prepare him for the job he will inevitably need to keep one day. Throw hands at work and get fired. But at least he got Dat dog in em!

As a high school discipline Dean, if you truly believe that a kid has to get in a fight at school instead of being smart enough to wait until after school, to be considered tough and dog player.? I don't know what to say to that. Ridiculous. Every Young man should be taught and coached to handle That type of business in the smart way. Use your head. By the same measure then if a kid doesn't hold his hand in the game and swings, he's a tough guy. But it's alright even though he gets flagged or tossed. The head is better than the hands any day. Prepare him for the job he will inevitably need to keep one day. Throw hands at work and get fired. But at least he got Dat dog in em!

I feel bad for whatever kids go to your High school because your reading comprehension levels are pitiful. I did not say say "kids need to throw hands to become tough". I am saying that most of the "tough" kids from back in the day would not have made it through HS now becuase of how strict the schools are.

So to make it even easier for you to understand. I am not saying "getting into fights makes you tough", but the kids who are more likely to get into fights and or not follow rules, more often than not are the tougher kids. There is no denying that. Look at the best CFB teams of all time. The 01 Canes, the Urban Meyer Florida teams, etc. Those teams where known for having kids who didn't follow the rules.

As far as "prepare him for the job...." That is also straight BS. I used to get into fights all the time in High School, but shockingly I never got into fights in the office. Neither did any of the kids I gradauted with. The vast majority of financial guys I know, also got into their fair share of fights in High School and shockingly we are not creating a fight club in the middle of Wall Street.

Advertisement

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back