Sooo who still thinks Machos full of ****

Advertisement
I was saying the 3 kids we have now will be elite cave and Mathis will be really good and flagg will be really solid and height is a de
I really like Height man. The highlights I’ve found are limited and I don’t have a forty or shuttle to reference but I love that projectable body.

In addition he’s got a Florida offer and that class has no one committed in the same mold i.e. one would think he could see an opportunity there to be a real player moving forward. Happy he’s committed, hope to see him enroll early.

Its gonna take more than a recruiter here. Richt was known as a great recruiter and had trouble recruiting here
He had a mediocre staff while here which makes all the difference in the world. Mark Richt had checked out when he got fired at UGA. We get a solid recruiter like Mario and his staff and its a whole different ball game.

He had a mediocre staff while here which makes all the difference in the world. Mark Richt had checked out when he got fired at UGA. We get a solid recruiter like Mario and his staff and its a whole different ball game.

Do you know what happened between Mario and Golden/Blake James concerning a high school that has UM at odds with Mario?

Advertisement
I remember something happened that left Blake and Golden I guess uneasy but I don't recall what it was.

Advertisement
You need to take South Florida HS coaches and recruiting with a GLACIAL grain of salt.

Because there are so many street agents, barber shop leeches, rap wannabe uncles, crooked 7+7 coaches, and pimping grandmas …. what drives talent to certain schools is not just on field performance alone.

Is it important? **** right, but in South Florida: Bags > (UM Coaching + Victories).

Keep that in mind.
How would you know that? All we have seen is failed coaching and mediocrity for 15 years. Your comment makes zero sense.

Cristobal doesn't have he magic potion to make kids turn down hundreds of k. It won't happen here, then all you're left with is the management skills of a dude who has already been fired as a HC before, and brings nothing schematically to the table. Give me ONE side of the ball our head coach is great at. Just one. Dabo made it because he has the DC of a lifetime that just won't leave.

Better recruiters still won't land us the elite, but at least we wouldn't have Beyonce running around at safety, linebacker depth, and oline that can move their **** feet with staffs that know what they're doing.
I completely disagree with your logic. You’re setting up a false dichotomy where if Mario can’t ‘make kids turn down hundreds of k,’ then there is nothing that matters as far as recruiting. That’s ridiculous. Recruiting (evaluations and selling) matters a lot, and the idea that there’s nothing to it other than money is crazy. Mario is a much, much, much better recruiter than manny, whatever resources they have to work with. It also helps that he prioritizes recruiting, which Manny never has.

Advertisement
I completely disagree with your logic. You’re setting up a false dichotomy where if Mario can’t ‘make kids turn down hundreds of k,’ then there is nothing that matters as far as recruiting. That’s ridiculous. Recruiting (evaluations and selling) matters a lot, and the idea that there’s nothing to it other than money is crazy. Mario is a much, much, much better recruiter than manny, whatever resources they have to work with. It also helps that he prioritizes recruiting, which Manny never has.

Not arguing he’s a much, much better recruiter. I’m arguing that the difference between him and Mannys recruiting won’t make up the difference in the win column as much as someone with a great scheme would. Even if Manny were the recruiter Mario was, the problems would still be here.

Not arguing he’s a much, much better recruiter. I’m arguing that the difference between him and Mannys recruiting won’t make up the difference in the win column as much as someone with a great scheme would. Even if Manny were the recruiter Mario was, the problems would still be here.
That is a bizarre and crazy view, imo. You are arguing that talent doesn’t matter, because the difference between an elite recruiter and a crap one is huge, in terms of talent acquisition. We’ve also established that manny isn’t some great evaluator, either.

This fan base or some in it have fixated on fancy scheme because it’s the crack pipe hope du jour. Surely if Art Briles coached us, all the kids we overrate would score every play. It’s more delusion, imo.

I am okay with the right schematic innovator at the top, IF he is a leader and program builder. But let’s be clear, we need first and foremost a leader who can build a program and acquire talent (evaluate and sell). Without that, scheme ain’t getting us there, and our talent is below what people think and trending down. And a good coordinator hire can give you scheme in any case. The top person must be the leader, not the planner. If he’s both, okay.

Dan Mullen is a good head coach and has schematic bias but he is hardly an innovator. If he has a great scheme then the term is meaningless. Of course we want a coach who has a scheme not rooted in the 1980s.

That is a bizarre and crazy view, imo. You are arguing that talent doesn’t matter, because the difference between an elite recruiter and a crap one is huge, in terms of talent acquisition. We’ve also established that manny isn’t some great evaluator, either.

This fan base or some in it have fixated on fancy scheme because it’s the crack pipe hope du jour. Surely if Art Briles coached us, all the kids we overrate would score every play. It’s more delusion, imo.

I am okay with the right schematic innovator at the top, IF he is a leader and program builder. But let’s be clear, we need first and foremost a leader who can build a program and acquire talent (evaluate and sell). Without that, scheme ain’t getting us there, and our talent is below what people think and trending down. And a good coordinator hire can give you scheme in any case. The top person must be the leader, not the planner. If he’s both, okay.

Dan Mullen is a good head coach and has schematic bias but he is hardly an innovator. If he has a great scheme then the term is meaningless. Of course we want a coach who has a scheme not rooted in the 1980s.

There’s nothing that crazy about the view. I’d rather let scheme recruit for itself then have a salesman who brings nothing schematically. We haven’t had a coach that can out-coach the opponent on game day throughout this run of ****. Let’s try one.

Advertisement
Cristobal doesn't have he magic potion to make kids turn down hundreds of k. It won't happen here, then all you're left with is the management skills of a dude who has already been fired as a HC before, and brings nothing schematically to the table. Give me ONE side of the ball our head coach is great at. Just one. Dabo made it because he has the DC of a lifetime that just won't leave.

Better recruiters still won't land us the elite, but at least we wouldn't have Beyonce running around at safety, linebacker depth, and oline that can move their **** feet with staffs that know what they're doing.

you should watch an Oregon game, start to finish. They look like we should look in every way, and have some impressive athletes. It's sad that you would post this nonsense without seeing how his team plays. Matter a fact, watch the way his team played against Colorado on Friday. You should see the entire game but here are some highlights. They haven't allowed a TD in 55 possessions, are 9-1 at home since Mario took over, and run the up-tempo spread everyone thinks is the end-all be-all. I'm very impressed with what Mario has been able to accomplish there, and I respect his relentless determination with respect to his professional development.

Dude is flat out ready; he's seen championship football as a player, coached championship football, and is way more qualified than our current HC.
What we are seeing from our current HC is a complete and utter travesty, TBH. Mario will coach the Ducks to the PAC12 Championship and maybe the playoffs, but doesn't have the depth of quality athletes to compete with the Alabamas and Clemsons.

Give him Manny's opportunity and I have no doubt we'd be competing in short order. Will we get better under the current staff? Sure, as an alum I'll always hope for the best but I don't see Manny being able to recruit, or more importantly coach at the level necessary to WIN a championship in the next several years. They made a mistake and the leadership in athletics should be held accountable for their inability to filed a competitive program for the last decade-plus. I see a recurrent pattern of commitment to HCs who make compromising personnel decisions that are not in the best interest of our football program, and an unjustified devotion to those coaches because they are well-liked by administrators in Athletics.

I know it's only 6 games in, but this season ticket holder has seen enough to know where this is going. #FireBlakeJames

Last edited:

Evaluations are sorely missing. That is where Butch excelled here and no one has since. If Mario can evaluate like that hire him, but where has he shown this skill? He was a hired gun for Satan, used to open South Florida pipe lines and tote bags. He did a good job of it at the expense of his alma mater. He recruited highly ranked player for Baga and now has Nike bags for Oregon, again chasing stars.

However, if you want to say he will sell grandma, mama, street agents, uncles, pastors... being offered bags, houses jobs for player X's services at Miami for nothing, you are overselling Mario. Dude is a slimeball and will be just another in the long line of failure coaches here. How about we look outside of Miami for a coach.

you should watch an Oregon game, start to finish. They look like we should look in every way but with some impressive athletes. It's sad that you would post this nonsense without seeing how his team plays. Matter a fact, go watch the way his team played against Colorado on Friday. They haven't allowed a TD in 55 possessions, are 9-1 at home since Mario took over, and run the up-tempo spread everyone thinks is the end-all be-all. I'm very impressed with what Mario has been able to accomplish there, and I respect his determination with regard to his professional development.

Dude is flat out ready; he's seen championship football as a player, coached championship football, and is way more qualified than our current HC.
What we are seeing from our current HC is a complete and utter travesty, TBH. Mario will coach the Ducks to the PAC12 Championship and maybe the playoffs, but doesn't have the depth of quality athletes to compete with the Alabamas and Clemsons.

Give him Manny's opportunity and I have no doubt we'd be competing in short order. Always support my alma mater and hope for the best, but I don't see Manny being able to recruit, or more importantly coach at the level necessary to win a championship in the next several years. They made a mistake and the leadership in athletics should be held accountable for their inability to filed a competitive program for the last decade-plus. I see a recurrent pattern of commitment to HCs who make compromising personnel decisions that are not in the best interest of our football program, and unjustified loyalty to those coaches because they are well-liked by administrators in Athletics. #FireBlakeJames

In one breath you talk about how great he is, how well he is doing and he wonderful personal development. Then you start with the excuses if he has to play Baga or Clempson in the playoff with the lack of depth.

I am not a Manny fan, nor was I from the start, but you can make similar arguements for Manny as you can for Mario through his career, except, you know, the bags.

Either he can coach what he has or he can't. Next thing you know he will be here and we will here for the next five year about the lack of depth and he cannot recruit against bags.

In one breath you talk about how great he is, how well he is doing and he wonderful personal development. Then you start with the excuses if he has to play Baga or Clempson in the playoff with the lack of depth.

I am not a Manny fan, nor was I from the start, but you can make similar arguements for Manny as you can for Mario through his career, except, you know, the bags.

Either he can coach what he has or he can't. Next thing you know he will be here and we will here for the next five year about the lack of depth and he cannot recruit against bags.

Watch the tape. He can coach, but i'm more impressed with his organizational skills and ability to build a quality staff. His team looks like he knows what he's doing.

Advertisement
Back