Sooo who still thinks Machos full of ****

Advertisement
Man I love it when D gets fired up.

The most revealing part is manny looked good as DC with largely guys from the previous regime. When it becomes just his guys it looks scary.

Real q: is panda even a good bartender or can he not do that either?

That's why u get the right coordinators in place. He has no problem with any of that HERE
Cristobal doesn't have he magic potion to make kids turn down hundreds of k. It won't happen here, then all you're left with is the management skills of a dude who has already been fired as a HC before, and brings nothing schematically to the table. Give me ONE side of the ball our head coach is great at. Just one. Dabo made it because he has the DC of a lifetime that just won't leave.

Better recruiters still won't land us the elite, but at least we wouldn't have Beyonce running around at safety, linebacker depth, and oline that can move their **** feet with staffs that know what they're doing.

The first red flag to me was retaining everyone on the defensive side of the ball given that on the recruiting side, no one on that side held up their end of the bargain. Patke and Banda should not be coaching at this level, and neither have held up their end on recruiting. For as much flack as Rumph gets, he seems to at least have some idea of what he's doing and although he has a litany of misses at the CB position, he's recruited better than Banda. But still, Manny had the opportunity to improve the staff, but failed to do so for the (likely) reasons you just listed. ****'s frustrating that we make the same mistakes over and over. I swear we're the only program that does this.
Everyone on the defensive staff was his hire besides simpson who left and rumph it would look really shady and sketchy to fire people who you brought in and to that point had been a top defense in the nation 2 years in a row. No one would have thought our defense would have been an issue from watching manny run it amazingly for 3 years our offense was a **** hole and that was everyone's primary concern and rightfully so. The only thing I dont like and which people have been asking for a while is that we didn't go to a spread system. Who would have thought that Blake baker would struggle like this

Advertisement
Everyone on the defensive staff was his hire besides simpson who left and rumph it would look really shady and sketchy to fire people who you brought in and to that point had been a top defense in the nation 2 years in a row. No one would have thought our defense would have been an issue from watching manny run it amazingly for 3 years our offense was a **** hole and that was everyone's primary concern and rightfully so. The only thing I dont like and which people have been asking for a while is that we didn't go to a spread system. Who would have thought that Blake baker would struggle like this
People knew it would be an issue cause of the misses on the recruiting front. They did horrible recruiting mostly finding gems especially at defensive tackle

Everyone of Butchs Assistants more than belonged there...
Johnson was as good of a WR coach as anyone in America...
Shannon was a Very Good LBer coach..
Pagano was/is UMs best DB & ST coach ever
Soldinger had No peers as a RB coach...etc...
When u recruit a roster and nasty savages they had everyone looks good even Randy. Butch was a monster

i wasnt a big mario guy but say what you want, he has flaws but that guy would have a top 5 recruiting class here EVERY year. once the jeuddys, dalvin cooks, and Calvin Ridley dont leave town, x's and o's aint the end all be all
How we hire Manny over this guy lol **** amazes me

Advertisement
Cristobal doesn't have he magic potion to make kids turn down hundreds of k. It won't happen here, then all you're left with is the management skills of a dude who has already been fired as a HC before, and brings nothing schematically to the table. Give me ONE side of the ball our head coach is great at. Just one. Dabo made it because he has the DC of a lifetime that just won't leave.

Better recruiters still won't land us the elite, but at least we wouldn't have Beyonce running around at safety, linebacker depth, and oline that can move their **** feet with staffs that know what they're doing.
Thisbis what scares me....i like Mario but can he make kids turn down 100k houses and jobs. Tall task for anyone that get this job I just cant see it happening in this era. Kids just cant turn that type of money down

Thisbis what scares me....i like Mario but can he make kids turn down 100k houses and jobs. Tall task for anyone that get this job I just cant see it happening in this era. Kids just cant turn that type of money down

Firmly believe schematic advantage is our only hope. Oklahoma was slipping until Stoops grabbed Riley. It's not like the guys a recruiter, he had scheme. Cristobal for Stoops would have been a lateral move. Going after a recruiter is going to be the death of us. Let scheme, consistency and competence be our recruiter.

What seems harder to do...
Hire a poor mans Riley even, who was taken away from East Carolina at the time.
or
Hire Crisobal - who couldn't keep a job as a head coach before - so that he can recruit kids away from big bags AND hire a staff good enough to cover up his deficiencies on both sides of the ball since he doesn't bring anything offensively or defensively X&O wise.

People knew it would be an issue cause of the misses on the recruiting front. They did horrible recruiting mostly finding gems especially at defensive tackle
Only really guy I have a problem with on the staff is banda because corners are a dime a dozen in soflo and rumph is a great coach. Safety's to me require the most natural talent I need guys like jaquan and redwine in my safety every year that's what makes a team great and banda to me can't find the talent and when he does he misses. The case is still out on Stroud but not looking good for him. I think the line backing core of Joyner huff and brooks will be elite along with the freshman coming in

That's my thought too like I truly wonder if top end kids would come here if we were say top 10 in the nation would they still choose us over bags from bama,clemson,georgia etc.

Advertisement
Firmly believe schematic advantage is our only hope. Oklahoma was slipping until Stoops grabbed Riley. It's not like the guys a recruiter, he had scheme. Cristobal for Stoops would have been a lateral move. Going after a recruiter is going to be the death of us. Let scheme, consistency and competence be our recruiter.

What seems harder to do...
Hire a poor mans Riley even, who was taken away from East Carolina at the time.
or
Hire Crisobal - who couldn't keep a job as a head coach before - so that he can recruit kids away from big bags AND hire a staff good enough to cover up his deficiencies on both sides of the ball since he doesn't bring anything offensively or defensively X&O wise.
Thibg is OU isnt affected the way UM is by the big dogs. Bama UGA OSU LSU FSU UF directly effect UM. How we going to run a complex modern day offense without the horses? U just cant IMO

Only really guy I have a problem with on the staff is banda because corners are a dime a dozen in soflo and rumph is a great coach. Safety's to me require the most natural talent I need guys like jaquan and redwine in my safety every year that's what makes a team great and banda to me can't find the talent and when he does he misses. The case is still out on Stroud but not looking good for him. I think the line backing core of Joyner huff and brooks will be elite along with the freshman coming in
My goal is to see UM have elite talent everywhere. Thats what I saw growing up....not to hate on JJ and Redwine but they arent exactly gping to light up the league. I want dogs and monsters everywhere.....i hate settling for plan D's or E's while everyone else gets house hold names children look up too and dream of being.

That's my thought too like I truly wonder if top end kids would come here if we were say top 10 in the nation would they still choose us over bags from bama,clemson,georgia etc.
I just am in the camp that its over for UM in this new landscape... but im still here cause im a fan and im hoping for some sort of miracle one day. Realistically I know its over

Advertisement
Thibg is OU isnt affected the way UM is by the big dogs. Bama UGA OSU LSU FSU UF directly effect UM. How we going to run a complex modern day offense without the horses? U just cant IMO

There’s enough skill position talent in South Florida to get the horses to compete. Clemson went on this run without crazy horses at o-line. They just had skill and scheme. We start showing scheme we’ll get more horses. Scheme first then horses...
No ones convincing **** to come here now until they see scheme with their eyes.

Who was the poster that absolutely dragged Macho a while back? It was a succinct 2 or 3 sentences, embarrassed his coaching credentials and trying to pretend he was more plugged into recruiting than he was. It was so good I cringed. Macho hasn’t posted here since. I applaud whomever that poster was - if you’re still here tip of the hat to you.

Advertisement
Back