Sooo who still thinks Machos full of ****

He had plenty of established coaches wanted on this staff. But if youd like to give him am excuse feel free

How did Butch turn the program around when we were struggling? I know we were under sanctions but I’m sure there were some coaches you can argue had no business being there.

Advertisement
This is just the dumbest thing possible to do as a leader. If he hires guys who are established and all he has to do is be the CEO, why the eff would that be a problem. Let those guys evaluate recruits and tell him who they want and let him close the deal with the yachts, tweets, etc. Hopefully he realizes what he's done and makes all of the necessary changes in the offseason but, if he doesn't, we're in for a long 2 more years before he's fired.
Does his ego seem like he'd ever allow that?

How did Butch turn the program around when we were struggling? I know we were under sanctions but I’m sure there were some coaches you can argue had no business being there.
Maybe. He had a much better assistant roster. Take a look at what they've gone onto in terms of HC and assistant positions.

Lol. Feel free to point them out. Every coach we had could evaluate. Was capable of recruiting & coaching kids up. Far more importantly butch was VERY hands on. He held himself, the coaches and all of us accountable. Cant never discount the importance of we had tak leaders on or teams that didnt play the nonsense. If you were ****** up you were gonna wear that **** in the coaches offices, the weight room, greentree & **** sure the second u got in that locker room. When u know if u ain't out there doing your best & u ****** us up, you gonna get ****ed up you get right real quick. Not even close to the same page here.

Advertisement
Lol. Feel free to point them out. Every coach we had could evaluate. Was capable of recruiting & coaching kids up. Far more importantly butch was VERY hands on. He held himself, the coaches and all of us accountable. Cant never discount the importance of we had tak leaders on or teams that didnt play the nonsense. If you were ****** up you were gonna wear that **** in the coaches offices, the weight room, greentree & **** sure the second u got in that locker room. When u know if u ain't out there doing your best & u ****** us up, you gonna get ****ed up you get right real quick. Not even close to the same page here.

I don’t think Coker and his first DC (his name escapes me) belonged as Coordinators but that’s neither here nor there.

I don’t think Coker and his first DC (his name escapes me) belonged as Coordinators but that’s neither here nor there.
Coker's offenses averaged a lot of points and a lot of yards both in the air and on the ground. My biggest gripe with him was a distrubing tendency to take the foot off the gas.

Coker was never a problem as oc. He was pretty good actually & if you mean coach Miller & you're saying he didnt deserve to be dc you might wanna do research. We don't have anyone of that caliber on this staff & that includes manny. But hey we all entitled to opinions.

Coker was never a problem as oc. He was pretty good actually & if you mean coach Miller & you're saying he didnt deserve to be dc you might wanna do research. We don't have anyone of that caliber on this staff & that includes manny. But hey we all entitled to opinions.

I hated Miller’s Defense at Miami. Our LB’s were constantly too far from LOS and our zone defense was bad. I don’t care if it worked at Michigan State. Something was wrong with his Defense in Miami. I’ll give Denis Erickson credit for one thing, his Defense was flat out nasty and aggressive.

Coker wasn’t terrible, he was ok, however, I wish we did less I formation.

Advertisement
Your teams had Nate, Al, Damian Lewis and those guys that held players accountable, correct? does this team have anyone like that? it seems like Bandy and DJ are the only guys who hate to lose?

Your teams had Nate, Al, Damian Lewis and those guys that held players accountable, correct? does this team have anyone like that? it seems like Bandy and DJ are the only guys who hate to lose?

Our guys are more worried about how they look on social media than actually holding each other accountable.

I hated Miller’s Defense at Miami. Our LB’s were constantly too far from LOS and our zone defense was bad. I don’t care if it worked at Michigan State. Something was wrong with his Defense in Miami. I’ll give Denis Erickson credit for one thing, his Defense was flat out nasty and aggressive.

Yeah, I recall those days on grassy - Coker was persona non grata during those years. There's a reason the expression the "Coker T" was popularized in 97-98 time frame. Guy was not very innovative in his approach to scheming from what I recall. He was a grind it out old head.

Advertisement
You guys still not going to believe it’s amateaur hour recruiting with this staff too?

Where’d they learn to recruit?

Akron?
Temple?
Louisiana Tech?
Air Force?
Central Michigan?
Kansas State?
FAMU?
Bar tending?
Grad Assisting?
High School coaching?

Where?

I definitely still think he’s full of sh**

Lol that wasn't Erickson's Def....it was Lubicks, he took Wannstadt's 4-3 and made it even Nastier....

Advertisement
Everyone of Butchs Assistants more than belonged there...
Johnson was as good of a WR coach as anyone in America...
Shannon was a Very Good LBer coach..
Pagano was/is UMs best DB & ST coach ever
Soldinger had No peers as a RB coach...etc...

Last edited:

Love all of the information you provide but I seriously need to stop reading your posts. You depress me further and further every post I read. So, so, so far away from becoming a top program again. It really is a disaster in Coral Gables and either nobody cares or they're too dumb to realize something is wrong.

Advertisement
Back