Sooo who still thinks Machos full of ****

Advertisement
Guess you forget Butch learned under JJ, perhaps the best ever at UM. The guy that built the culture at UM, taking nothing from Howard and the State of Miami. Butch assembled the best college team ever coming out of probation, there were no pillars or clouds, just a team that took it's lumps and gradually got better because of a coach that knew how to assemble a staff, and assess players. Butch left for many of the same reasons as JJ. Would you have taken him back if he was still coaching? The school back then, as now has never been favorable to football, JJ felt it, and they slow played Butch, after he initially turned down Cleveland.

Mario left to build a pipeline for Bama to South Florida with his connections. Had he stayed he would have most likely been the coach when Golden was canned, but he cut bait, to recruit against us. Dropping bags to pull the best talent against his alma mater. Now he is at another bag school using what he learned from Saban, how to run a bag game, like Smart at UGA. Mario coaches in a weak PAC10 so that is one reason they are a lower ranked 1 loss team, but in his two ranked team games he is 1-1 losing to AU. We almost beat UF, and he lost to the team that lost to them, and while you cannot compare game to game for various reasons, we played UF closer than AU.

I did not want Manny or Mario, still don't. It's about time we look for a coach to advance this program and not worry about connections to the program, but to the abilities for the coach to do their job, build a staff worthy of a P5 program and recruit.

Oregon is a bag school now? When did this happen?

Advertisement
As soon as it fit their agenda to throw **** at Mario.

Yea they really just now started recruiting good. They weren’t some recruiting juggernaut with Chip or Helfrich. If Mario can talk the boosters into paying money after 1 year of HC maybe that’s an even bigger reason to bring Mario here haha. In all seriousness, Mario is a great recruiter. He brought Antonio Brown in then when he left FIU he replaced him the following year with TY Hilton. That’s great recruiting and talent evaluation. If AB would of stayed when TY arrived, I could of played QB for FIU haha. I would have had 4K yards off of shuttle passes.

Guess you forget Butch learned under JJ, perhaps the best ever at UM. The guy that built the culture at UM, taking nothing from Howard and the State of Miami. Butch assembled the best college team ever coming out of probation, there were no pillars or clouds, just a team that took it's lumps and gradually got better because of a coach that knew how to assemble a staff, and assess players. Butch left for many of the same reasons as JJ. Would you have taken him back if he was still coaching? The school back then, as now has never been favorable to football, JJ felt it, and they slow played Butch, after he initially turned down Cleveland.

Mario left to build a pipeline for Bama to South Florida with his connections. Had he stayed he would have most likely been the coach when Golden was canned, but he cut bait, to recruit against us. Dropping bags to pull the best talent against his alma mater. Now he is at another bag school using what he learned from Saban, how to run a bag game, like Smart at UGA. Mario coaches in a weak PAC10 so that is one reason they are a lower ranked 1 loss team, but in his two ranked team games he is 1-1 losing to AU. We almost beat UF, and he lost to the team that lost to them, and while you cannot compare game to game for various reasons, we played UF closer than AU.

I did not want Manny or Mario, still don't. It's about time we look for a coach to advance this program and not worry about connections to the program, but to the abilities for the coach to do their job, build a staff worthy of a P5 program and recruit.

Most people out there are not advocating for Mario because he is a former player. I want him here because I think he would build this roster to a top shelf level and hire a quality staff.

You do realize that Butch left Miami high and dry only to end up in a position where he recruited against Miami correct? Not only that ,he did it from the Coastal division. The guy flat out mislead Miami that left them in a position to promote Coker.

Nobody disputes that fact that he his an excellent talent evaluator....and can recruit. Why do posters feel the need to constantly remind everybody of the job he did here rebuilding the team? Nobody who has followed the Canes this long has forgotten, or needs to be reminded of that.

Right, because UF is still the same team that played against UM......good coaches watch their teams get better over the course of the season. If Miami were to play UF today....would you feel the results would be the same?

The PAC12 is a superior conference to the ACC....by a wide margin.

Do you not recall chip Kelly getting a show cause for buying that Texas 5 star running back through a handler? It isn't new.

Yea he did. Wasn’t they giving him free “J’s?” That’s like saying Miami is a bag school because Shapiro took the boys to a strip club and to get some Chinese food. Oregon outside of a few players never got the top classes. Chip never liked recruiting. Like I said, if Mario was able to talk the boosters into dishing out cash after 1 year we need him here so he can do the same.

Edit: never mind they paid 25k to his mentor. It could have been for his mentor to pocket or to give to Lache (which is rather cheap). Either way they paid out cash. However, Lache still wasn’t better than 3stars LaMichael Janes and Keyon Barner. Oregon won mostly with 3 star recruits. I just assume bag schools loan up on 5 stars annually not the occasional 5star signee. I mean Olivier Vernon missed 6 games because they said he was paid 10k (bogus in my opinion) but we’re not a bag school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yea he did. Wasn’t they giving him free “J’s?” That’s like saying Miami is a bag school because Shapiro took the boys to a strip club and to get some Chinese food. Oregon outside of a few players never got the top classes. Chip never liked recruiting. Like I said, if Mario was able to talk the boosters into dishing out cash after 1 year we need him here so he can do the same.

Edit: never mind they paid 25k to his mentor. It could have been for his mentor to pocket or to give to Lache (which is rather cheap). Either way they paid out cash. However, Lache still wasn’t better than 3stars LaMichael Janes and Keyon Barner. Oregon won mostly with 3 star recruits. I just assume bag schools loan up on 5 stars annually not the occasional 5star signee. I mean Olivier Vernon missed 6 games because they said he was paid 10k (bogus in my opinion) but we’re not a bag school.
I definitely am not suggesting they are in the bag game like SEC schools, but the point is they have been throwing money around for a while, even if it is RELATIVELY modest. But that is the case for a ton of schools.

My guess is Mario brought some of the Alabama savvy and has stepped their game up. Still not competing with Georgia etc, but I don't think it is a stretch if people think they are buying a recruit here or there. They have a few wealthy alumni and definitely want to win football games at that school so it is pretty possible, if not likely, in my mind anyway.

I definitely am not suggesting they are in the bag game like SEC schools, but the point is they have been throwing money around for a while, even if it is RELATIVELY modest. But that is the case for a ton of schools.

My guess is Mario brought some of the Alabama savvy and has stepped their game up. Still not competing with Georgia etc, but I don't think it is a stretch if people think they are buying a recruit here or there. They have a few wealthy alumni and definitely want to win football games at that school so it is pretty possible, if not likely, in my mind anyway.

Maybe dude is just a good recruiter. He has shown to be a good recruiter even at FIU. He was always good at that. I mean he played here during our championship days then he was coaching through the resurgence from 2000-03. He knows talent. I just think a bag school would break into the top 10 more than 1 year since 2010. He managed to get UO to spend money on recruits but Chip Kelly wasn’t able to? Just give dude credit. I personally believe every school does something shady but we can’t say “see Oregon got caught so it’s a bag school” but ignore that they had us under investigation for petty stuff too. Boat rides, Chinese food, strip clubs and 10k in cash is what they found on us. Does that make us a bag school?

Just give Mario credit. He’s a good recruiter. Put it like this, when we missed out on Stevenson, I’m confident his under the radar talent would have been beasts.

And you’ll be surprised by the lack of support they have with the exception of Uncle Phil. I knew someone close with the program who told me that they are fortunate to have Uncle Phil but when you compare them to A&M, Texas, Bama, etc they don’t come close to the amount of money boosters give in donations.

Most people out there are not advocating for Mario because he is a former player. I want him here because I think he would build this roster to a top shelf level and hire a quality staff.

You do realize that Butch left Miami high and dry only to end up in a position where he recruited against Miami correct? Not only that ,he did it from the Coastal division. The guy flat out mislead Miami that left them in a position to promote Coker.

Nobody disputes that fact that he his an excellent talent evaluator....and can recruit. Why do posters feel the need to constantly remind everybody of the job he did here rebuilding the team? Nobody who has followed the Canes this long has forgotten, or needs to be reminded of that.

Right, because UF is still the same team that played against UM......good coaches watch their teams get better over the course of the season. If Miami were to play UF today....would you feel the results would be the same?

Butch misled UM??....ROTFLMFAO

Advertisement

Where do I start, so scattered...

Your opinion I guess. But you know what they say about opinions, right?

Do you know how wrong you are in this statement? Are you a new fan to the program just catching up or something? Butch left to the Cleveland Browns, not to a college team. When that did not work out (a few years later) he then went to UNC, but it is not like he left UM for UNC like Mario left UM for Bama. Butch wanted to stay but the admin f'ed up the deal much like JJ. Mario wanted to bail on us and chose to open a pipeline for Bama using bags against us. Miami mislead Butch at first he said no to Cleveland, then they came around but he was in talks and took the job. The BS from the admin lead to having the players beg for Coker, not Butch, know your history. The admin chased JJ away as well.

Because no one since has been able to duplicate the recruiting magic. He was also key for JJ and the teams he recruited. Notice the drop off after JJ left and DE won a few (MNC's) with JJ's players? Makes you think doesn't it, or at least it should.

Um, I think I said you cannot compare games, or something to that effect, so not sure what you are trying to get at here. But people like to look at match ups and UF beat AU by a lot more than us, and AU beat OU, so... Again, as I said I do not take stock in this, but some do.

PAC12 is superior? How many MNC's do they have in the last 5 years, and how many does the ACC have? The PAC is just as bad as the ACC. There is only one good conference and it is the SEC, and it is top heavy. How did the PAC champion do in the last two bowl games? Yeah, though so...

Where do I start, so scattered...

Your opinion I guess. But you know what they say about opinions, right?

Do you know how wrong you are in this statement? Are you a new fan to the program just catching up or something? Butch left to the Cleveland Browns, not to a college team. When that did not work out (a few years later) he then went to UNC, but it is not like he left UM for UNC like Mario left UM for Bama. Butch wanted to stay but the admin f'ed up the deal much like JJ. Mario wanted to bail on us and chose to open a pipeline for Bama using bags against us. Miami mislead Butch at first he said no to Cleveland, then they came around but he was in talks and took the job. The BS from the admin lead to having the players beg for Coker, not Butch, know your history. The admin chased JJ away as well.

Because no one since has been able to duplicate the recruiting magic. He was also key for JJ and the teams he recruited. Notice the drop off after JJ left and DE won a few (MNC's) with JJ's players? Makes you think doesn't it, or at least it should.

Um, I think I said you cannot compare games, or something to that effect, so not sure what you are trying to get at here. But people like to look at match ups and UF beat AU by a lot more than us, and AU beat OU, so... Again, as I said I do not take stock in this, but some do.

PAC12 is superior? How many MNC's do they have in the last 5 years, and how many does the ACC have? The PAC is just as bad as the ACC. There is only one good conference and it is the SEC, and it is top heavy. How did the PAC champion do in the last two bowl games? Yeah, though so...

Obviously you didn't pass reading comprehension....at no time did I reference Butch leaving for another college team when he ditched Miami to go to the Browns....stop attempting to make up **** to fit your agenda....everybody knows the alleged reason on why Coker was hired.....again, stop attempting to fabricate reasons to deflect from a continual break down in decision making from the admin at Miami.....no matter who has filled those shoes along the way the last several years....

You know that Butch absolutely negatively recruited against Miami while at UNC...but I'm sure that's cool with you because....well....he helped built great teams here....but I'm sure you absolutely hate Mario for going to Bama and taking SFL kids away from Miami. Let me guess....you think Butch says great things about Miami while he was on the recruiting trail at UNC....and continues that theme while at FIU.

You're a complete and utter moron if you think the admin chased JJ into the Cowboys job.....he was always going to go to the NFL....just like Butch was going to do eventually. It makes you dopes fill better by thinking that the admin was solely responsible for ditching the Canes for another team.

Here we go with the "since Clemson won the title the ACC is the superior conference" argument. ******* come on man....you can legitmatley be this dumb....or maybe you are.

I was thinking the same thing about when VA Tech beat Ohio State and then OSU went on to Bama AND Oregon to win the title.....obviously VA Tech was better than Oregon and Bama because, well, they beat OSU in that second week.

You sir, are still the shortest midget.

Advertisement
eh given everything I have Seen, IF I could, I'd take Crisotbal over Diaz for the next 4 years. I'd even keep Enos as OC, personally I haven't had much of a problem with the play calling...Defense just has been a joke.
Double reverse at the 10 yard line? TE Jet sweep at the 5 yard line? There's lots to be concerned with when it comes to ****'s playcalling.

Obviously you didn't pass reading comprehension....at no time did I reference Butch leaving for another college team when he ditched Miami to go to the Browns....stop attempting to make up **** to fit your agenda....everybody knows the alleged reason on why Coker was hired.....again, stop attempting to fabricate reasons to deflect from a continual break down in decision making from the admin at Miami.....no matter who has filled those shoes along the way the last several years....

You know that Butch absolutely negatively recruited against Miami while at UNC...but I'm sure that's cool with you because....well....he helped built great teams here....but I'm sure you absolutely hate Mario for going to Bama and taking SFL kids away from Miami. Let me guess....you think Butch says great things about Miami while he was on the recruiting trail at UNC....and continues that theme while at FIU.

You're a complete and utter moron if you think the admin chased JJ into the Cowboys job.....he was always going to go to the NFL....just like Butch was going to do eventually. It makes you dopes fill better by thinking that the admin was solely responsible for ditching the Canes for another team.

Here we go with the "since Clemson won the title the ACC is the superior conference" argument. ******* come on man....you can legitmatley be this dumb....or maybe you are.

I was thinking the same thing about when VA Tech beat Ohio State and then OSU went on to Bama AND Oregon to win the title.....obviously VA Tech was better than Oregon and Bama because, well, they beat OSU in that second week.

You sir, are still the shortest midget.

"You do realize that Butch left Miami high and dry only to end up in a position where he recruited against Miami correct? Not only that ,he did it from the Coastal division." Read your sentence and tell me how it looks. He left Miami and ended up in a position recruiting against Miami. Maybe throw in an eventually ended up, as he didn't directly go to a direct competitor, but good try. Mario did, and immediately recruited against us, not four or five years later.

Not sure about your whole conspiracy theory with Coker, and the admin hiring, but you seem a little, more like a lot delusional. There is no "alleged reason on why Coker was hired" it is well know.

I know Butch recruited against us, I'm not a dumb a$$ like you. I know it was negative as well. However, UNC does not have a bag pipeline to South Florida, Bama does. UNC was not pulling almost every stud they wanted from our backyard. Mario was a big help for Bama in this regard.
JJ himself spoke about how the admin treated him and they were a primary reason for him wanting to jump. Sure he would have left sooner or later, and the Cowboys job with Jones was perfect at the time. How many people of ego don't want to conquer the world? Why don't you go back and see the BS Foote put JJ though on a constant basis. JJ was fed up. Butch got fed up with the BS as well. He wanted to stay, we did not want to negotiate and stalled. Cleveland came back around and he accepted. I would think most coaches at the time would prefer a different NFL job than the Browns.

No I am not "legitmatley" that dumb. Well, perhaps, because as the saying goes, don't argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. In this case you "legitmatley" are beating me. However, if you go back and actually read what I said I noted they were equally bad, the ACC and PAC. I said the only good conference was the $EC. I did ask how many championships they have and how their conference champion faired in the last few bowl games. I think that is proof enough that they are not a good conference, "legitmatley".

Again, I said you cannot take stock in games where one team played another, then compare common opponents, but noted some like it. Go back to the idiot statement and you can take your win if you think I am arguing with you.

As for being a midget, I'm sure you are wishing I was so you could lay on the ground and have me walk over you so my balls would drag across your face, "legitmatley". Now go get my shine box.

Advertisement
Back